+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Rio Olympic Games

Default 2016 Rio Olympic Games

The XXXI Games of the Olympiad start later this week. We move from graft-filled beautiful Sochi of the 2014 Winter Games to the contaminated sparkling waters of Rio de Janeiro.

Here's the mascots, Monkey Finn and Plant Jake, Vicinius and Tom.

And the logo.

Thr ceremonies kick off this Friday.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Default Re: 2016 Rio Olympic Games

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post

Here's the mascots, Monkey Finn and Plant Jake, Vicinius and Tom.

And the logo.

I wonder why that plant creature isn't in Mario & Sonic 2016 but the monkey is. And that logo is awful......just like the hotels the athletes are supposedly staying in.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Man, usually international debacles don't get a whole thread to themselves. Everybody be sure to post exciting horror stories, k?

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I wonder why that plant creature isn't in Mario & Sonic 2016 but the monkey is.
    The Monkey is the mascot of the Olympic Games. The Plant is of the Paralympic Games.

I'm always a fan of the summer olympics so despite the many controversies surrounding these Olympic Games I'll be fixated on NBC for the next couple of weeks. Let's go USA!!!
    Everything's Eventual...

Now I am thinking how ironic a Sonic & Mario paralympic game would be.

About the Olympic Games, I am not surprised with all this bad omen, I hope that the Zika Virus and all the political drama that is happening won't steal the spotlight of this event. I heard that they were trying to solve all the political drama before the Olympic Games officially begin, I think they failed.

Well, good luck to all countries !!

Go, Brasil !!
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    The Monkey is the mascot of the Olympic Games. The Plant is of the Paralympic Games.
    Ah I see .
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Pulling a bit for the Germans because their total gold count by 8/14 will determine my pick in a fantasy football draft.

Even the Olympics doesn't want the Olympics to happen this year. And Russia is complaining about some of their athletes not being able to compete. Pfffft.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    And Russia is complaining about some of their athletes not being able to compete. Pfffft.
    Maybe Putin should try controlling what substances goes into his athletes bodies like he controls his country's media.

Based on the number of people who tried to extinguish the flame of the Olympic torch in protest (some succeeded), I think that neither the Brazilians wants the Olympics.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Maybe Putin should try controlling what substances goes into his athletes bodies like he controls his country's media.
    That's funny because the massive steroid use was state sponsored so...he kinda was.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    That's funny because the massive steroid use was state sponsored so...he kinda was.
    His whining and willingness to blame others say otherwise.

Russia's track record on waging war around Olympics time makes this a worrying situation.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Brazil to invade Paraguay after Olympics conclude.

Putin said to be fuming mad about the Brazilians spoiling his plans for Kazakhstan, declaring that he now must wait until after the 2018 World Cup to go through with them.

So, did anyone watched the opening ceremony ?
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

It's still on here because NBC is tape-delaying them by an hour.

They're JUST up to Vietnam...

I really ought to stop watching the Olympics with my family. I end up snarking myself out of favor with literally everybody else there.

Nowhere to be found: Dilma, Maduro, Evo, Putin, Obama and Fidel and/or Raul Castro

Surprised to see: Palestine, refugees participating, Chinese Taipei, Qatar and East Timor, speech on global warming, the distribution of seeds for future planting, funk carioca part, Vanderlei Cordeiro de Lima igniting the pyre and Santos Dumont part.

Beautiful: Tom Jobin grandson playing "Girls fron Ipanema" while Gisele BŁndchen was strutting, the lighting of the Olympic cauldron (both), Caetano Veloso, Gilberto Gil and Anitta show, Olympic anthem, parkour part, Brazilian national anthem (what a shame, they did not play the entire song) and Carlos Drumond de Andrade's poem.

Kinda Meh: Samba schools parading, Zeca Pagodinho and Marcelo D2 show.
    Last edited by C_uggs; August 6th, 2016 at 08:28 AM.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information