+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 348 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 6958

Thread: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Default Re: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    While I don't know if there IS a Dvd with said matches (I couldn't think of a reason NOT to have it on DVD seeing as the trilogy was GDLK) I'll look around for high quality torrents since I also stream my PC videos on my HDTV as I'm a video whore.
    If you find one or if a dvd set does have it, give me a heads up, I'd appreciate it.

I dunno man... when I was a kid I'd flip my shit whenever Bret Hart, Million Dollar Man or even goddamn Iron Sheik put their submission moves on. But you could be 100 percent right and maybe this new demographics aren't that much into submissions.

But I think it's a good way to have bring some MMA fans into the mix (even if they are not the target demographic). I'd rather have a bring everyone into the WWE than just kids thou :(.

Oh and yes... Liontamer is STILL GDLK!
    I'm just basing my statement on WWE's statements about the poor performance of the Breaking Point PPV being due to submission wrestling. Even though I loved it...

That is true, MMA people might be attracted by more submission wrestling, but a lot of MMA fans look down on pro wrestling. I enjoy both a lot, but I admittedly greatly prefer wrestling, and I get seriously pissed how so many of my MMA fan friends call wrestling "the fake shit." It's planned, and not meant to injure, but there is straight up athleticism going on, not to mention how much stamina it takes, so I don't care how much some may hate on it.

And what's GDLK mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Syan Strife View Post
    If you find one or if a dvd set does have it, give me a heads up, I'd appreciate it.

I'm just basing my statement on WWE's statements about the poor performance of the Breaking Point PPV being due to submission wrestling. Even though I loved it...

That is true, MMA people might be attracted by more submission wrestling, but a lot of MMA fans look down on pro wrestling. I enjoy both a lot, but I admittedly greatly prefer wrestling, and I get seriously pissed how so many of my MMA fan friends call wrestling "the fake shit." It's planned, and not meant to injure, but there is straight up athleticism going on, not to mention how much stamina it takes, so I don't care how much some may hate on it.

And what's GDLK mean?
    If I find it I'll PM you.

GDLK= God Like

As far as the "Fake Shit" thing... here's what I've done to convert some people:

Explain that it is STAGED instead of "fake". Which goes a long way when you go into the mechanics of a match.

Show them some Mick Foley matches... even use Randy Orton Vs. Mick Foley in Backlash of '04 (I think) as reference to how staging a match =/= fake match.

Finally... exploit botches (especially dropped blades) so they can see you're not watching it as a REAL match but rather as a REALLY well choreographed fight (which is essentially 100 percent truth).

After that you can move into match/ring psychology and heel/face mechanics IF they are into it at that point. After that you pretty much SHOULD have them at the very least NOT calling it "fake shit".

I made about 6 people into fans using some of those persuasive arguments ^^;
    Last edited by StrawHatRican; March 18th, 2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I'm still VERY salty over Vince dropping Survivor Series.

Yeah, I've convinced a few people that way, even got a few ex-girlfriends to start enjoying it, but some people are unfortunately unwilling to enjoy the show.

Oh GDLK is godlike. Then I agree, Liontamer is sweet.

Orton v Foley was an amazing match. I can't wait for a good Orton dvd set. He's my favorite current wrestler, and well up in my all times.

I am also pissed about Survivor Series being taken away. SuSe was always one of my favorite PPVs. But it just further shows Vince's disdain for tag wrestling. The Elimination style matches always get me amped up.

My experience in show wrestling is pretty pathetic. I watched SmackDown for a while and sometimes I watch original, mexican Lucha Libre (Or what ever it was)
    SmackDown was pretty damn entertaining at one point. These days when all the people I knew like JBL, Kurt etc. are gone I don't really find in fun anymore. If I'd have to pick my favorite I'd have to go with Undertaker and Hogan. Undertaker for being so damn cliché it hurts and Hulk because he's HULKSTER!
    But the best wrestler in the history is...
    NACHO LIBRE!
    "But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

I watched wrestling during the last years of the wars and the start of the attitude era
    After watching WCW on WWE classics, i couldnt believe how many people from WWE were on the show
    Post 2007 WWE hasnt been good at times..but its still entertaining.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    I watched wrestling during the last years of the wars and the start of the attitude era
    After watching WCW on WWE classics, i couldnt believe how many people from WWE were on the show
    Post 2007 WWE hasnt been good at times..but its still entertaining.
    It's not BAD... it's just that it could be sooo much better. I was secretly hoping TNA or ROH would attempt to make the WWE nervous and start a big Monday Night Wars... but so far it looks like a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Syan Strife View Post
    \

People like that piss me off.

Especially when they condemn it for it being scripted you watch movies & television, play video games, & read books even in spite of all those being scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    It's not BAD... it's just that it could be sooo much better. I was secretly hoping TNA or ROH would attempt to make the WWE nervous and start a big Monday Night Wars... but so far it looks like a pipe dream.
    Unless TNA can find a way to pull themselves out of the same ratings hole ECW was in it'll remain that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    People like that piss me off.

Especially when they condemn it for it being scripted you watch movies & television, play video games, & read books even in spite of all those being scripted.
    QTF... spread the gospel like a gentleman!

Unless TNA can find a way to pull themselves out of the same ratings hole ECW was in it'll remain that way.
    Sad but truth... thing about TNA is that they HAVE the talent... they lack the prohibition of moves... but also lack good booking. It's frustrating to see them struggle when I know they can provide a better product overall (hell even their production values for some of their PPVs Openings put some WWE packages to shame imo).

Slammiversary 05
    [youtube]4uiiNXn6Xt0[/youtube]

Against all Odds 05
    [youtube]t4jwqNXFEHk[/youtube]

And finally... Victory Road 2004
    [youtube]DMlEg-O0tjM[/youtube]

Don't know what it is about them... but they captivated me and I've been giving them a chance ever since...

>.< Shape up TNA!

Anyone want to make WM predictions and speculations?

Here are mine:

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
    Kofi Kingston vs Christian vs Jack Swagger vs MVP vs Evan Bourne vs Drew McIntyre vs Shelton Benjamin vs Kane vs Dolph Ziggler vs Matt Hardy

Winner: Christian. I believe I've stated the reasons plenty of times, but to reiterate and sum up again, Christian needs something like this to push to the top level. He is the type that needs something special to be elevated into the higher game, because he's been held at a lower level of competition for so long. The younger guys in the match will get to the top as their storylines grow and it becomes more natural in their rise. Christian is the perfect person to bring up, because he is the best pick to next feud with Jericho or Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship. Taker will be taking a break likely, Rey and Punk will be involved with one another for a bit, so they need another top eventer to fill that void and Christian is the best fit.

Triple H vs Sheamus

Winner: HHH. The Game doesn't want to be seen losing at WM. He needs to make an example out of Sheamus for when he challenges for the belt at the next PPV.

Triple Threat Match- Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase

Winner: Randy Orton. I don't bet against my boy. Plus, he took the pre-PPV loss tonight, which may mean he's due a win. It happens like that fairly often.

Unified Tag Team Title Match- ShowMiz (c) vs John Morrison and R-Truth

Winners: ShowMiz. Funny that Truth was claiming that ShowMiz aren't a real team like him and JoMo when they were thrown together even more randomly. Morrison will end up a heel soon against Truth, that whole "we are a real team" talk is gonna come right back in his face.

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

Winner: CM Punk. The villains have to win a few matches, and the ramifications of Mysterio losing make for much better tv. SES is like a cooler version of Steven Richards' Right 2 Censor. Punk is a better wrestler and preacher than Steven, Serena isn't nearly as good as Ivory (but Ivory actually wrestled sometimes, Serena just valets...), but Luke Gallows is much better than Bull Buchanan as a muscle. Changing Rey's mind and unmasking him as a SES member will be much more interesting than converting Godfather into Goodfather.

No Holds Barred- Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon

Winner: Bret Hart- Vince is sooooo taking a Sharpshooter. Has Vince ever even won at WM?

WWE Championship- Batista (c) vs John Cena

Winner: John Cena. Our hero will take Batista down. I fully expect him to get badly beaten, but come back dramatically to defeat Batista. Lots of near-fall kickouts.

World Heavyweight Title Match- Chris Jericho (c) vs Edge

Winner: Chris Jericho. I doubt both faces will win the belts at WM. Jericho is sneakier and dirtier, he'll find a way to keep his belt from Edge.

Career v Streak, Icon v Phenom, Rematch of the Decade: Shawn Michaels v Undertaker

Winner: Shawn Michaels. He just took an attack from Taker and still rallied to defeat Kane tonight. HBK is more important to still have around and involved in wrestling and is the best man for the job. The Streak will be shattered. But in a crazy fit of rage, Taker is going to viciously attack Michaels after the match and disappear, giving a perfect reason for both of them to have a vacation after Mania.

Surprise MitB Cash-In

Winner- Reigning champion. If it does get a same day use, I think it will fail.

Here are my predictions for WM26.

MiTB match
    Winner : Either Kofi or McIntyre. Look at the way these 2 individuals are being pushed in the WWE, especially the latter. Okay, Kofi's push may have been stalled, but he is still one of the few upper-midcarder in this match-up.

Dibiase/Rhodes/Orton
    Winner : Orton. For obvious reasons. Most of the duration of match will involve Legacy double teaming the hell out of Orton, and BOOM, Orton will hit a come-back and win this match.

ShoMiz/Rock&HipHop connection
    Winner : ShoMiz. Rather obvious, the team of JoMo and Truth is not even a real team. Like Syan said, they are just 2 random individuals being thrown together for a sake of a tag match for WM26. Hell, i would rather see Hart Dynasty take on ShoMiz than this poorly hyped match.

HHH/Sheamus
    Winner : HHH. Need a say more? HHH - King of buries. 'Nuff said.

Punk/Rey
    Winner : CM Punk. Ah, this is a match-up that I'm looking forward to. At first, i thought the hype to this match was weak, but WWE creative certainly took the correct step by putting Rey's family into this feud. CM punk will win, putting Rey in jeopardy. Him joining the SES also allows the feud to go on the extra mile.

Hart/McMahon
    Winner : Hart. For all the things McMahon did to Hart over the past few months, I would certainly LOVE to see Vince tapping out to a Sharpshooter. That would be picture perfect.

Cena/Batista
    Winner : Cena. SUPERMAN CENA! What else can i say?

Taker/HBK
    Winner : Taker. Taker will carry on his streak to 18-0. Also, read from Wrestlezone that HBK's gonna make a reality show based on his life, so this could be a perfect timing to do it. Few months down the road, and HBK will be back on WWE.

Edge/Jericho
    Winner : Jericho. Another match to look forward to. After all the SPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR! from Edge, Jericho will come out on top from this match. Of course, this will not be a clean win, and their feud will continue after WM.

Wayne Brady is hosting the May 3rd, Raw.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...-may-3rd-98817

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

spoiler re: This Monday's Imapct and Orlando Jordan; from wrestlezone.com:

Spoiler:
    These photos are of Orlando Jordan's new gimmick, which he will be debuting this Monday night on Impact. The show was taped this past Tuesday night, and it appears that Jordan will be playing a more racy version of the bi-sexual gimmick he worked once before in TNA.

Spoiler:

...This is stupid, TNA. And I'm being nice.

And yet again, I'm missing Wrestlemania because I can't get a ride to a movie theatre. Frickin' bus system screwing me up....

My predictions:

MITB: Kofi or Christian. Kofi's still getting the pop despite his lacking in storyline, and now that Christian's on RAW, it's time to pull him up.

Orton/Legacy: Orton, with Cody Rhodes turning on DiBiase to re-team with Orton.

ShowMiz/MorTruth (my name for 'em): ShowMiz, but this won't be the end of the feud. For those saying MorTruth is a random, shoved-together team, we thought the same about Jerishow.

HHH/Sheamus: HHH via DQ, only to keep Sheamus' stupid push going. D<

Rey/CM Punk: CM Punk. Seeing Rey in the SES would be very interesting...

Hart/McMahon: Gotta go with Hart (but on a selfish note, if Vince won, I could see more Bret on TV for the continuing feud. Not a bad thing to me.)

HBK/Taker: Damn The Streak to hell, I want Shawn to win!!! I'm not ready to see HBK hang up the chaps for good. T_T *clings and sniffles* Also, this had better be the Main Event for WM. Does WWE wanna make the same mistake two years running. and have something AFTER this?

Edge/Jericho: Jericho, AFTER getting speared. More for him to gloat over.

Cena/Batista: God, I really couldn't care less. 90% of Cena getting it.

It's almost like if they WANT people to turn the channel.

Goddamit TNA...

anyone seeing the HOF tonight?
    I might if my TV doesnt break down again ( stupid cable had me on basic 2-12)
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Thank God, they're putting Taker/HBK on last this year. I might've kicked someone in WWE if they had Cena/Batista finish the show instead. D<

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

I keep hearing this from people about mania

- Crowd Sucked HARD
    - The matches were pretty boring
    - Swagger doesnt deserve to be MITB
    - SuperCena
    - Rey and Punk match was too short
    - HHH and Sheamus was boring as shit
    - Randy Orton should have jobbed
    - and the U VS SM match was amazing.

Did i cover everything?
    Sounds like a pretty shitty WM, glad i didnt play the $56.00 WWE was asking for.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Yeah, the crowd kinda sucked, and there were many botches, especially in the MITB and the divas match.
    There were some pyro malfunctions during the MITB. Kingston's boom boom boom pyro only went off once, and kane's exploding pyro did not go off.

Quote Originally Posted by SantoryuMaster97 View Post
    I keep hearing this from people about mania

- Crowd Sucked HARD
    - The matches were pretty boring
    - Swagger doesnt deserve to be MITB
    - SuperCena
    - Rey and Punk match was too short
    - HHH and Sheamus was boring as shit
    - Randy Orton should have jobbed
    - and the U VS SM match was amazing.

Did i cover everything?
    Sounds like a pretty shitty WM, glad i didnt play the $56.00 WWE was asking for.
    I caught it via stream thankfully but I have to address these two points.

Jack Swagger has shown NOTHING but Main Event potential since his days as ECW Champion and his match with John Cena on RAW (the one that went over 10 minutes) was nothing but an eye opener to his skills both as a wrestler and a storyteller. And this is coming from someone who geniunely dislikes the man in general.

However, I DO agree that Randy Orton should have jobbed to Ted DiBiase... since him winning doesn't do ANYTHING for Legacy.

Actually the PPV was great last night. The only match that sucked was the diva match. I'm happy that Swagger won MITB, since I like him to death. Hopefully in the draft in April. He gets send to Smackdown so that he can get developed a lot better then he is now on Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Actually the PPV was great last night. The only match that sucked was the diva match.
    Indeed. The McMahon/Bret Hart "match" made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside :3.

Edit: Oh and for lulz

Last edited by StrawHatRican; March 29th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information