+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 504 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504
Results 10,061 to 10,071 of 10071

Thread: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Default Re: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

This one hit me really hard. Brodie Lee passed away. He's going to be missed.

https://www.twitter.com/AEW/status/1343006487988342786

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Here is Bray's comments about Brodie's passing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSX4wzp...d=1wngu52jrly3

I'm still in shock. I first saw the notification from WWE while randomly browsing youtube and couldn't believe my eyes.
    We all float down here!

Here's the new episode of Being the Elite dedicated to Brodie Lee.

Here's the card for this Wednesday's AEW tribute show to Brodie Lee.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/1...rs-smash-moved

Drew McIntyre has tested positive for Covid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I remembered a couple years ago, Edge talked about how he and Lita felt uncomfortable about doing the Live Sex Celebration. Again, this show how gross Vince is.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/01...x-celebration/

That's even worse than the story Victoria told about how talent sometimes are not told about things like Hollywood deals which were sometimes given to other people.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Bump

I guess I'm doing this to point out that it's another week of another month and Asuka got jobbed out in the main event of Raw no less. And to Alexa Bliss who beat Asuka in their last match when Asuka was tag champion.

Well, the Impact and AEW storyline just got interesting. Private Party and Matt Hardy just appeared on Impact.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Tony Khan is now at the Impact zone.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of what they did to Asuka on Monday. Raw in my opinion is getting more bad recently to the point, that I'll be watching Snowpiecer live during the 2nd hour of Raw. I don't know how this is the same company with both Smackdown and NXT are being pretty good shows, while Raw is really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of what they did to Asuka on Monday. Raw in my opinion is getting more bad recently to the point, that I'll be watching Snowpiecer live during the 2nd hour of Raw. I don't know how this is the same company with both Smackdown and NXT are being pretty good shows, while Raw is really bad.
    I haven’t been a fan of most of what they've done to Asuka for about 3 years and it astounds but doesn’t surprise that these morons have still not figured out that when you take a talent that people are into or want to get into, you give them a unique character or push them in a significant way and they get over. And then you kneecap them with bad booking you’re essentially sabotaging them and yourself and basically tuning fans out of your show.

Not that I want to say I don’t care about Asuka now but when this happened I legit didn’t care about how badly this made her look
    Spoiler:
    the reason being I already saw them bury her in the Carmella feud, I already saw them have Charlotte beat her in a tag match the week before Survivor Series so Charlotte could gain momentum heading into the pointless Survivor Series match with Ronda where Charlotte couldn’t take a clean loss while Asuka meanwhile did the clean job to Nia who for no reason was getting a push after injuring Lynch, I saw her and Charlotte wrestle on the go home episode of Smackdown ahead of TLC 2018 where they had Charlotte get DQed rather than let Asuka get her first legit win on her, I saw them weirdly take her off TV for three weeks after she beat Lynch at the Rumble to solidify her Smackdown women’s title reign but give Lynch and Charlotte TV time on both shows to hype up the WrestleMania match that was still three months away then bring her back after all that to get pinned by Mandy Rose, I saw them book a title match on Smackdown 9which wasn't originally booked) with Charlotte where Charlotte no sold pretty much all Asuka’s offense enroute to Asuka doing her third straight job to Charlotte so Charlotte could go into the WrestleMania 3 way with a prop (which Mark Henry apparently hates anyone referring to the belts in WWE as) she wasn’t being booked to keep after the PPV.

I then read about Asuka getting shunted into the pointless women’s battle royale at Wrestlemania that was won by Carmella, I then had to read for weeks about her and Kairi chasing the women’s tag titles for 4 straight months get their shot which ended with the IIconics getting counted out to setup a random 4 corners match weeks later on Raw where the IIconics were the first team eliminated while Kairi & Asuka jobbed to Alexa & Nikki who hadn’t at no point been setup to chase the titles, book a title match for the following Raw where they jobbed them out again all so the IIconics could get a rematch at Summerslam no one asked for.

I had to read about Asuka and Kairi turning heel at Hell in A Cell so they could win the titles after 6 months of idiocy and then the night after have Nikki and Alexa attack them after a match where they beat Lynch and Charlotte and ended with both of them laying Kairi out none of which would be followed up for months, I had to read about Asuka after weeks of being built as a monster randomly doing a job in another tag match featuring Charlotte this time to Natalya which lead to......a singles match weeks later where Asuka got her win back, I had to read about Alexa challenging her to a match on Smackdown where she then had a competitive match that ended with Alexa beating her clean weeks before their tag team title match at Wrestlemania which the Kabuki Warriors would lose, I had to read about them feeding her and 4 other women to Shayna at Elimination Chamber to build Shayna as a monster.....who would then lose to Lynch at WrestleMania, I had to read about Nia costing her two separate matches to Charlotte the 2nd of which had her kicking out at three, I had to read about her and Nia’s title match at Backlash ending in a double count-out all to lead to a rematch on Raw that ended with Asuka beating Nia via fast count, then there’s the whole idiotic shit with her and Sasha, the stuff with Lana/Charlotte and then as mentioned the bullshit that went down last Monday.

All that and yet as said I just didn't care and pretty much knew when that match was announced there’d be some idiocy because this company knows no other way. What does bother me however is when you have people (because there will always be stupid people) who see shit like this and either try to defend it or be willfully ignorant as to why shit like is objectively stupid.

People like this are the reason for why so long as Vince is around while they’ll keep putting out bad shit that makes the talent look bad, that makes the belts look worthless, and makes the shows largely unwatchable and we’ll still have to hear “LOL Still Better Ratings than AEW & NXT” .
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 21st, 2021 at 07:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information