+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 373 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 7448

Thread: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Default Re: WWE and other fed: Disccusion

Here's my opinion on WrestleMania 25:

I'll start with the good and then go to the bad in my opinion. Just as a header, I was very excited for this PPV, and it had such an amazing card and build-up then the show itself was rushed and lackluster.

Taker vs Shawn was absolutely amazing in every way possible. I was pleased beyond belief! It began with perfect symbolism right at the get-go with their entrances. The dual effect of HBK descending from the Heavens in a white light and Undertaker rising from the depths of darkness cloaked in black set the mood beautifully. All the spots were amazing, and Shawn kicking out of a cross-armed tombstone pin was great! The whole room exploded at that. That match was perfect, possibly even my favorite match ever between them, well, scratch the possibly.

Chris Jericho vs the Legends was a great match. It showed why Jericho is so damn good, but gave Legends (except Snuka) a spot. Piper doing that flip over the ropes was fantastic and surprising! Steamboat took everything he had into that match. The bit with Rourke came off quite well too.

The Triple Threat I'm 50/50 on. It was good, but nowhere near great. The only moment that really was "HELL YES!" was when Cena had both Big Show and Edge on his shoulders. The man is a machine. However, the rest was pretty basic, with not to much. Glad to see Cena win it too.

Jeff vs Matt Hardy was better than I thought, but still didn't feel Wrestlemania. Why that ShopVac was there I will never know. Best thing about this match was Jeff got punished for the stupid facepaint with a sweet Twist of Fate while his head was in a chair. Not on, but in a chair! Also very glad that Matt has gotten a change of wardrobe.

Now for the bad.

Huge gripe for taking the TAG TITLE UNIFICATION off the card. What the hell? I can't wait to see it on the dvd because both those teams are so talented.

Money in the Bank was probably the weakest one yet. Kofi and Shelton really stepped up though because they had some great spots. But MitB is becoming just that, a series of spots. It's not a match anymore. Punk should not have repeated, that was weak, especially after he gave the worst sell of all time to the Unprettier drop. Christian's leg stop of the falling ladder was sweet! If he had won like that, there would be millions of new peeps. Instead, Punk delivered a few kicks and nothing else. He did nothing for that match.

Diva Battle Royal was pathetic and almost as big a waste of time as the Kid Rock concert that proceeded it. I'm a fan of women's matches because I respect how they can do certain things that male wrestlers just can't and they have their own styles. Santino winning was ludicrous and stupid, as well as being offensive to any of those hard-working women like Beth, Mickie, Gail or Melina. Stupid.

Hugest disappointment of the night was the anti-climatic HHH v Orton. This should have been a great match, and they have had great matches with one another before. Instead it was rushed, sloppy, inconsistent, and awful. The RKO is a quick hit, so having it right off the bat is one thing, but a Pedigree? Right after an RKO? The only good point of the match was HHH aiming for the neck with his shots like he promised, and Randy continually countering the Pedigree in a number of ways. I'm ok with HHH winning the bout, but it was so unconvincing. He had just been in a cleanly beaten position by Randy's RKO, when he just gets up and get a punt, sledge, pedigree system going. That was the point where, if everything had not been rushed and time hadn't been wasted on stupid crap (Santino and Kid Rock especially), Legacy would have interfered to save Randy, then the McMahon's would come out and fight them off, the ref would recover, Randy would strike, but HHH would counter him and win it. Had that happened, I would have been pleased, but instead the most highly billed match closed the show with low results. In my opinion, the match began with 10 minutes of momentum burned (hence way too early finishers) and ended 10 minutes premature (hence anti-climatic finish).

Overall, for a WrestleMania, it was quite below average. A 7/10 barely, which is awful by WM standards. I'll have to rewatch it, but I'd consider it the worst WM except 8 and 9, which were pretty bad.

WHAT THE HELL, CM Punk wins again, that should have been Christian instead, he so deserve it more. I hope theres a new rule to the MITB thing, and it should go something like this:

If someone beats Punk in a match, at any point, that person can get that suitcase, that would be a lot more interesting, because these deja vu crap is pissing me off

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Yea last years wrestlemania was better(well i was in orlando in that stadium after all)
    God being at wrestlemania there was so much electricity and excitement wooo!
    It was great! But this one seemed a bit rushed......

Edit: Is Torrie Wilson back?
    Last edited by SantoryuMaster97; April 6th, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

I forgot to mention, but WOW, never knew Santino was gay. (HAHAHA, pathetic)

Oh yeah, why the hell they let Jericho beat those 3 (like come on, even though they haven't fought for a while, I can still see Dragon kicking his ass)

No, Torrie isn't back. Is just an one night thing for her, Victoria, Jackie Gaydia, Sunny, and Molly Holly.

That sucks.....I wanted Torrie back

Haven't watched WM25 yet, but judging from the results, its like a below average WM to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Syan Strife View Post
    \

Money in the Bank was probably the weakest one yet. Kofi and Shelton really stepped up though because they had some great spots. But MitB is becoming just that, a series of spots. It's not a match anymore. Punk should not have repeated
    If Edge can keep repeating the task of making last minute challenges for title belts I don't see why Punk can't repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    WHAT THE HELL, CM Punk wins again, that should have been Christian instead, he so deserve it more. I hope theres a new rule to the MITB thing, and it should go something like this:

If someone beats Punk in a match, at any point, that person can get that suitcase, that would be a lot more interesting, because these deja vu crap is pissing me off
    And yet that idea you mentioned would be another case of deja vu since the same thing happened to Kennedy after he won the MITB back at Wrestlemania 23.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; April 6th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.

But i dont think anyone wants to see Punk do it....
    I watched clips of every match and it sounded like the fans werent even into the action, no loud cheers or legions of crowd loudness, seemed pretty dull to me.

i loved steamboat last night he was Great to watch once again.

Great wrestlemaina hate the fact cena won i really wanted show to win. Did not think Hunter would of kept the title.

8.5/10 for wrestlemaina in my eyes
    Swansea city capital one cup winners 2013 !!!!!
    FC : 2337-3982-3157 trainer name: oldmanscraps mii name: ltsmash

That whole Cena clone thing got gay when they stated doing the "YOu cant see me" thing....and why was Cena doing the Dudley Bros thing.....

JBL will not be a commentator ,by what i am reading

He has a final WWE blog up on wwe universe
    http://fans.wwe.com/jbl/blog/2009/04...more_thank_you

EDIT:
    ...I could have thought there was another stipulation on the WWE triple threat match
    Last edited by KaizokuFan22; April 6th, 2009 at 05:43 PM.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If Edge can keep repeating the task of making last minute challenges for title belts I don't see why Punk can't repeat.
    Edge didn't win MitB twice though. He took it from Kennedy in a nice storyline twist, due to Kennedy's injury.

Punk also had a terribly boring run as champ. If he begins to reincorporate his submission and ground arsenal, I'm ok, but the fact is he did nothing but botch a move and kick Kane in that match.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

DAMN IT. My RAW Station is showing the NCAA Championships tonight instead of RAW. I'll have to catch the online spoilers and tomorrow's repeat. D<

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecky_Mo View Post
    DAMN IT. My RAW Station is showing the NCAA Championships tonight instead of RAW. I'll have to catch the online spoilers and tomorrow's repeat. D<
    what channel is raw on for you? mine is on Spike TV unless they are showing the NCAA game on spike TV

EDIT: I hope its on tonight..these 2 matches sound great.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Primo Colon is now my favorite wrestler, I hope he stays for a while. Him and Carlito reminded me how great tag team is again!
    Holy shit.... Morrison did a double back flip wow this match is fan"flipin"tastic

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    what channel is raw on for you? mine is on Spike TV unless they are showing the NCAA game on spike TV

EDIT: I hope its on tonight..these 2 matches sound great.
    I watch on The Score (Canadian sports channel); UFC is on Spike right now. =_=;;

so far at backlash :-

edge vs cena (heavyweight title match)
    legacy vs hhh vince shane (wwe title)

errr wat can i say but snore!

Quote Originally Posted by Syan Strife View Post
    Edge didn't win MitB twice though. He took it from Kennedy in a nice storyline twist, due to Kennedy's injury.
    Jedi's earlier suggestion and the above were what I was referring to by being another case of Deja Vu.

Nice return for Tista, even through I'm not a big fan of his. And Santino stole the show again tonight as well did Ricky Steamboat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information