+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Claymore Anime Adaption Announced

Daisuke CP9

Exclamation Claymore Anime Adaption Announced

Production Company: Madhouse

Genre: Action

Expected Release Date: April 2007

The show will be based on its manga counterpart by Norihiro Yagi which is serialized in the Monthly Shounen Jump. Reading the synopsis doesn't make this show any more exciting, but the involvement of Madhouse does. Tanaka Hiroyuki is credited as the director whose resume reads he has mostly worked as the animation/assistant director for a few impressive series such as the Gokusen and Shingu. Two of the voice actors listed for the show are Kuwashima Houko as Clare and Paku Romi as Teresa (who also voices Temari in Naruto). The synopsis in the following is taken from AniDB:
    The setting of the story is a fictional world of abundant towns where humans coexist with demons called Yoma. These monsters feed on humans as their main source of food, hiding themselves in human society until they strike.

A group of skilled warriors form a nameless organization to protect humans from these demons. These warriors are called Claymores, after their immense Claymore weapons. They willingly infuse themselves with demon flesh and blood to become powerful half-human hybrids. Villages in danger of attack hire warriors from the organisation for protection.

The story of Claymore follows the adventures of the beautiful Claymore warrior Claire, who fights demons and struggles to hold on to her humanity.

Long ago, the Yoma, the shape changing demons, took human form to live in disguise among human society. They feed on human innards, and take possession of memories from the brains of people they eat. These acquired memories help them better disguise themselves within human society.

In recent years, a secret society discovers a way of implanting demon bodies and body parts into humans, to create hybrids more powerful than the original demons. Hybrid`s standard abilities include faster healing, limited shape modification, the ability to detect other demons and hybrids, and overall enhanced physical prowess. Almost all hybrids are created against their will; they are typically survivors of families attacked by demons. The only exception is the lead character, who volunteered to become a hybrid to avenge her family. The society sends hybrids to towns that can afford their fares to kill demons, although not every hybrid does so willingly (this is implied in the manga.) The society is often strict and harsh; hybrids who break the rules risk being hunted down by their fellow hybrids.
    Ohhhhhh. I must say, this manga was freaking awesome, but the art was a bit lacking, but still a great series. Looking forward to its anime.
    Last edited by Daisuke CP9; January 2nd, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

Default Re: Claymore Anime Adaption Announced

Claymore is MSJ, not WSJ, but I've known of this for a bit. Not really as enthusiastic for this, but I do hope its sufficient. (sort of hoping we would get Neuro, but probably not until later in '07)

I was mildly interested in the manga, prolly check out fansubs of this

Oo, I've been wanting to read the manga for a while now but haven't gotten the chance, hopefully the anime will be a good adaptation so I can finally get into it. ^^

To tell you the truth, I'm not really looking forward to this.
    The manga didn't sit right with me. :l

But I WILL, check it out when it does just to see how it is.

Claymore is all right, but really nowhere near as entertaining as Angel Densetsu. Though knowing Yagi's interests I'm guessing he probably enjoys drawing it much more.

Also, people should not expect every fantasy, or any of them, to look as good as Berserk. Claymore has excellent art.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Claymore.

AKA: Berserk, for her.

Is this the thing where a female's body is only able to hold both human and demon, uhh, aspects, to kill evil demons? I though I had read this.

I'll probably check this out; I somewhat enjoy the manga even though I'm not into this genre.
    www.mangascreener.com
    it's better than bad, it's good!

hmmmmm.... Ive seen the anime.
    Where do you get the manga?

Claymore is WSJ now XD;

Daisuke CP9

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Claymore is WSJ now XD;
    It already got more popular after the anime? That's a surprise.

By, where do you get it, I mean Where do you download it?

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Claymore is WSJ now XD;
    Seriously? When did this start? I didn't see it in 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information