+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was Mr.Zero Truely a Villian?

Default Was Mr.Zero Truely a Villian?

To the people of Arabasta he was a hero. They even went as far as to call him the diety of Arabasta. Alright so he underhandedly decided to stage a coup. Well hell it happens all the time in real life and not just with countries. He would have been a fine leader. He had under him alot ALOOOOT of powerful followers. Sure he's a sneaky deceptive manipulative bastard. Oh yeah we've defiently havent had any presidents like that in the USA....Even friggen Cobra is grateful of Croc,

He's a dictor, so what. Not all of them are evil.

Pretty much this is what i infer:

VIVI: OMG MY DADDY IS GONNA BE OVERTHROWN! i must stop evil evil crocodile!
    VIVI: Hi random pirates help me defeat this EVIL EVIL MAN
    Luffy: OK! *ass kickery*

Dicuss further. Be intelligent about it. Get as political as you want too.
    Last edited by Hyper Dingo; January 2nd, 2007 at 01:05 PM.

Default Re: Was Mr.Zero Truely a Villian?

That kind of logic is why Hitler ruled Germany.

Dude, he had a nuclear bomb inside the central clock tower of a city with 1,000,000. He stopped all sort of rainfall for 3 years by using Dance powder upwind. He emotionally and physically abused Vivi to the point of exhaustion.

Cobra was just oblivious to the situation, like Chancellor Paul von Hindenburg was.

It's silly we even have to discuss this.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

He wanted to blow up a city, sounds very heroic, get this guy in G.I. Joe.

hmmm

Hitler:
    Dictator
    used extreme tactics
    Practiced mass genocide
    had a secret police
    wanted world domination

Croc:
    Dictator
    Used extreme tactics
    attempted mass genocide, (you're quite right, the bomb and deprivation of rain)
    Secret crime orginazation
    Only wanted Alabasta..but then again who's to say he would have been content with this? He got bored of being a pirate, bored of being a dog of the gov't and would probably get bored of ruling one country.

Didn'tCroc want the world? Arabasta was just the first step. I remember him saying he would use pluton to force the government into submission.

Only wanted Alabasta..but then again who's to say he would have been content with this? He got bored of being a pirate, bored of being a dog of the gov't and would probably get bored of ruling one country.
    Didn't croc say he wanted the military to take over other places too or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Didn'tCroc want the world? Arabasta was just the first step. I remember him saying he would use pluton to force the government into submission.
    Alright thank you. I read the arc years ago and just now am reading it over, hence this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Dingo View Post

Croc:
    Dictator
    Used extreme tactics
    attempted mass genocide, (you're quite right, the bomb and deprivation of rain)
    Secret crime orginazation

Incorrect. He didn't give a rat's ass about Alabasta. He wanted Pluton so he could rule the world.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Incorrect. He didn't give a rat's ass about Alabasta. He wanted Pluton so he could rule the world.
    Again i stress, i dont remember a thing about what he wanted to do i read it years ago, i'm reading the arc again as we speak. Untill i finish i'm pretty much fumbling in the dark. In retrospect i should have made this topic afterwards, but foolishly i couldnt wait.

Like everyone here said, Croc's not like you pictured him to be.

Although, I'm sure he was before his head got screwed and he joined the Shichibukai.

Croc put the 7 gods of the sea on the Map.

and hes a pimp, a Boss, he had it all, hes a real ture pirate.

Gangsta of the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Like everyone here said, Croc's not like you pictured him to be.

Although, I'm sure he was before his head got screwed and he joined the Shichibukai.
    You know, ever since Goldenweek revealed he wanted to be Pirate King once, I've been big a big supporter of this theory.

Someone had to give Croc his scar and remove his hand. It's perfectly plausible that someone fucked him up *bad* and ruined his dream. I also think it's possible he was on Gol D. Roger or Whitebeard's crew and that's what gave him his inspiration.

The most common villian are those that were once optimistic men that had their dreams shattered.

Ehhh i'm a wierdo who feels for the villians... I mean i dont like Hitler..he did have a bitching Stache that people are afraid to rock to this day. And he had a good sense of style. Hmmm He liked to steal ideas which isnt cool. *coughtwistedmanji*cough*

*edit*

Thats a really cool theroy fire fist ace! I wish oda would explore that idea in like a oneshot or something. Maybe after he's done. ^_^

Discovered Stowaway

It is true that Crocodile was no threat to Luffy until he decided to get involved in Operation Utopia, but he still some sort of terrorist usurper and still was extremely dangerous.

I don't know if you count villians as just otherwise cruel people as opposed to an actual "villian" to Luffy's crew.

You know, ever since Goldenweek revealed he wanted to be Pirate King once, I've been big a big supporter of this theory.

Someone had to give Croc his scar and remove his hand. It's perfectly plausible that someone fucked him up *bad* and ruined his dream. I also think it's possible he was on Gol D. Roger or Whitebeard's crew and that's what gave him his inspiration.

The most common villian are those that were once optimistic men that had their dreams shattered.
    Yeah, exactly how I pictured it. At first I didn't even think of him being on WB/Roger's crew, but now we see Roger's crew extremely random, and WB's containing BB so easily, not to mention him having so many people.
    I'd add the DF to his change too, since he probably got the scar and hand without it.
    What's disturbing is, that if he wanted to be the PK he should have his own crew. Where're those? I doubt they're the top of BW. And I'm curious to know them, being the crew of someone as clever as Croc.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

You know, ever since
    Goldenweek revealed he wanted to be Pirate King once, I've been big a big supporter of this theory.

QFT. That's probably most likely why he hated the optomistic Luffy. He probably saw a yound him and wanted to shatter his dreams like his was shattered.

Oda should tell who cut Croc's hand. Whoever did probably could play a part in the story later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Discovered Stowaway

But Croc's hand WAS NEVER CUT OFF!!!! GASP!!!

Okay, anyway, I'm going to have to agree with "Fire Fist" Ace again on this one. I'd also like to point out similar cases in which Luffy will never actually kill his opponent, but more like crush their dreams before their very eyes. I also believe at some point something along the lines of "Death isn't as bad as watching your dream crumble".

Quote Originally Posted by Private Zulen View Post
    But Croc's hand WAS NEVER CUT OFF!!!! GASP!!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...e2hands2yq.jpg

Okay, anyway, I'm going to have to agree with "Fire Fist" Ace again on this one. I'd also like to point out similar cases in which Luffy will never actually kill his opponent, but more like crush their dreams before their very eyes. I also believe at some point something along the lines of "Death isn't as bad as watching your dream crumble".
    If you can find this same scene in the manga, you maybe have just found proof of a theory some others have had about croc and his abilities.
    On the coverstory with Croc, did Oda ever confirm if the one scene of Crocodile w/o the hook was a mistaken or intentional?
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

That scene's been known about for a long time, and has been figured to be an accident by the animation team, as Oda made the same mistake in the Goldenweek mini story but fixed it in the tankobons.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    If you can find this same scene in the manga, you maybe have just found proof of a theory some others have had about croc and his abilities.
    On the coverstory with Croc, did Oda ever confirm if the one scene of Crocodile w/o the hook was a mistaken or intentional?
    Looked pretty intentional to me... Seeing as how in the manga covers the scene without the hook in his fun little cuffs there and the next we see him sitting there smoking, he's barely hanging onto it.

http://www.msnusers.com/OnePieceMang...o&PhotoID=5781

http://www.msnusers.com/OnePieceMang...o&PhotoID=6865

Also, after looking at his intro the convo with Sanji, he doesn't seem to have the hook.
    http://www.msnusers.com/OnePieceMang...o&PhotoID=2532

http://www.msnusers.com/OnePieceMang...o&PhotoID=2531

In fact, looks like his hand's on the desk.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information