Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blackbeard vs. Ace and reasons for the wait

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Blackbeard vs. Ace and reasons for the wait

Quote Originally Posted by kljs View Post
    the question now is, will Oda really kill off Ace?
    That would give Luffy motivation to beat Teach's assole.

Plus, I don't like Ace. If he died, I would finally be relieved that he wasn't as strong as Luffy. Or... something... Anyway, I just don't like anyone being stronger than Luffy. He can kick anyone's ass at this point. Period.

Besides, Ace gave Luffy that slip of paper. I bet Oda forgot about it, and he'll remember about it a few days after he kills Ace. HAHAH.

Quote Originally Posted by kljs View Post
    the question now is, will Oda really kill off Ace?
    Of course, some people need their angst

Also, it goes to show that there will be some serious plot development that's good for this manga should Ace get killed

It's also a flashback so we're rolling in

The reason for the wait? Is One Piece the only series in Shonen Jump that's being delayed? I'm sure Oda just wants to build tension and make us wonder about what happened to Ace, and what will happen next.

And why do people forget that the next location is not Mermaid Island, but the Florian Triangle? Kokoro told them that they'd have to go through there first, remember? And then Nami found out there could be treasure, and Zoro said he might find a sword there? Yeah.

My guess is that in the next few chapters they will reach the Florian Triangle, and meet Blackbeard there. I think that Blackbeard's powers will be magnified in the Florian Triangle, too, just like how Crocodile was empowered by the desert.

But think about this: Dragon came to save Luffy when Buggy was going to kill him, and when Smoker was going to stop him, so it's possible that he will save Ace as well. Maybe he won't do it as directly, though.

Another possibility is that Blackbeard will THINK that he killed Ace, but Ace will somehow survive. We don't know what "darkness" can do to a person, after all. If it was just shadow then it wouldn't kill anyone, but maybe it's some sort of life-draining darkness. Who knows?

Anyway, my bet is that Ace's life/death will remain a mystery until a cool moment later on, when he reappears and everyone cheers. Until then, we won't know... because Oda likes to tease us with these things.

VOTE FOR THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD

It could be that Dragon doesn't like Ace as much because he isn't a captain. Dragon plays favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by SalehMo View Post
    Of course, some people need their angst

Also, it goes to show that there will be some serious plot development that's good for this manga should Ace get killed

It's also a flashback so we're rolling in
    Many of us have been wishing for the series to get at least somewhat darker....but all hope of that ever happening died when Pell lived (and how much impact has pell had on the story since then? none)

Meanwhile Ace is as important to the story if not more than any non-straw hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Private Zulen View Post
    Plus, I don't like Ace. If he died, I would finally be relieved that he wasn't as strong as Luffy. Or... something... Anyway, I just don't like anyone being stronger than Luffy. He can kick anyone's ass at this point. Period.
    That sounds extremely childish and protective lol

Like someone protecting their favorite superhero in a debate....

nen

Post Re: Blackbeard vs. Ace and reasons for the wait

I don't want Ace to die event if i havent see these episodes yet.He is one of my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by MB. View Post
    Many of us have been wishing for the series to get at least somewhat darker....but all hope of that ever happening died when Pell lived (and how much impact has pell had on the story since then? none)

Meanwhile Ace is as important to the story if not more than any non-straw hat.
    Well, supposedly, all the priests in Skypeia save for Gedatsu died; they haven't been shown in Eneru's side-story yet nor in the few cover panels of Skypeia that showed the citizens rebuilding. Also, Bellamy's either dead or a headless freak with a coil (spring) for a head, Nero, T-Bone, and hopefully Spandam are dead.

Personally, it's a flashback, so Ace has carte blanche to die. It would help the plot immensely, and technically, Ace isn't a good guy, so he can die, even if it isn't a flashback.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

If Oda had Ace die, that would be like J.K. Roling killing Dumbledore, which of course, would never happen so Ace won't die as long as Dumbledore is alive.

Uh, Dumbledore IS dead. Rowling confirmed it in an interview.

Yeah, I was about to say that too. Or is it sacrasm, Impel Down?

Ace: Dunno, I don't like having it as a flashback as an excuse for Ace to die. I was a flashback only if the result was discovered before it. That's how I see it.
    But you gave a good point about how dead characters are not confirmed by Oda directly. It might be the same case with ace, although he's a very important character so not hearing from him = death for all fans.

For now, all I'm hoping for is that if Ace lost, he'll be shown in a scene of his back [WB tatoo] with a slash kinda indentical to Shanks'. Man, that's gonna be so badass.

nen

WELL, there is and an other way.Everyone will temporary think that Ace is dead and loufy will kick Blackbeard's ash.Eventualy Loufy will find out that Ace is alive!If you ask me this is a common plot in many anime and movies.
    Also Ace is one of the main heros[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/nen%21/%D4%E1%20%DD%E3%E3%F1%E1%F6%DC%20%EC%EF%F5/Chaos/Eugenia/fotos/diafora/Pragmata/FGF.jpg[/IMG] and heros never die!!

What do you have tosay about that;;;

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    WELL, there is and an other way.Everyone will temporary think that Ace is dead and loufy will kick Blackbeard's ash.Eventualy Loufy will find out that Ace is alive!If you ask me this is a common plot in many anime and movies.
    Also Ace is one of the main herosfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Setting...agmata/FGF.jpg and heros never die!!

What do you have tosay about that;;;
    Uh, Ace is not one of the main heroes, your grammar is atrocious, and Ace needs to die so Luffy doesn't look like an idiot in the speech he gave to Vivi back in Arabasta. Luffy's idea of life and death was probably from a death he experienced in his youth; either his trainer or his mom. The death of his adopted brother would only strengthen his conviction.

nen

If you want my opinion as usualy happens in many anime and movies everyone will believe that Ace is dead and luffy will kick Blackbeard's ash and in the end Ace will be just serious injured but still alive.Also Ace is a Main caracter in this anime and main caracters usually do not die.

futhermore if i were in loufies shoes and Ace was dead i would have Destroied every think in order to take my bloody revenge!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    If you want my opinion as usualy happens in many anime and movies everyone will believe that Ace is dead and luffy will kick Blackbeard's ash and in the end Ace will be just serious injured but still alive.Also Ace is a Main caracter in this anime and main caracters usually do not die.

futhermore if i were in loufies shoes and Ace was dead i would have Destroied every think in order to take my bloody revenge!!!!!!!!
    Okay, if Genkai hadn't died and was only injured in Yu Yu Hakusho, do you think Yusuke would have beaten Toguro? Possibly, but the impact of her death is something that helped drive him to beat Toguro.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AD-HD Pirate's Avatar

Nen, Ace is not main character.

There is good change that he is going to die.
    Last edited by AD-HD Pirate; January 6th, 2007 at 02:51 PM.

nen

Yes but the deference here is that Ace is loufies brother!And Dumblador had lived way to much it was aboyt time him to die!!!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AD-HD Pirate's Avatar

It is Luffy, by the way. Not "Loufi"...

And so what if Ace is Luffy's bro?
    Last edited by AD-HD Pirate; January 6th, 2007 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impel Down View Post
    If Oda had Ace die, that would be like J.K. Roling killing Dumbledore, which of course, would never happen so Ace won't die as long as Dumbledore is alive.
    Sarcasm taken.

Now for the difference! JK Rowling is more likely to kill off MAIN and side characters than Oda. I mean she killed off Sirius and then Dumbledor. Harry Potter is also a much darker story than One Piece....(sigh).....(sigh)......(sigh again)......but maybe OP will eventually get darker. It almost HAS to in order for conclusions to be made. People DO need to start fucking dying or this manga is going to drag into 2020.

nen

Whatever you say...and..ad-hd pirate we say it is not is is

Closed Thread

Thread Information