+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Thundercats hoooooooo!

Default Re: Thundercats hoooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Well, decent episode with the Thunderkittens (they have more siblings? Huh.) but while the flashback material was decent, I felt the main story just sort of... cut off without learning the lesson that needed to be learned.

Full Metal Alchemist this ain't.

Now I need to hunt down the two weeks of episodes I missed in the new timeslot.
    I had the same thoughts. I think it's why I don't like Kit and Kat very much. Since they've teamed up with the others just kinda give up and then a miracle happens. Nothing learned. You'd think that with going on a long trek and fighting the forces of evil you'd want some proper protein. I was surprised they didn't take back that huge whatever it was. Overall the story was very boring. Nice to see back story though.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Well, decent episode with the Thunderkittens (they have more siblings? Huh.) but while the flashback material was decent, I felt the main story just sort of... cut off without learning the lesson that needed to be learned.
    This pretty much.

I mean, Panthro and Cheetara were putting an emphasis on surviving on your own, doing whatever it takes.....and they end up just being lead to food? Hm. Well, I did like the flashback though......

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Hancock, Vivi, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Fujitora, Caesar
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

Goddess of the Galaxy NicoNico28's Avatar

The flashback is quite touching! But why are they called orphans? Their more of runaways than orphans,and interesting that they have siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoNico28 View Post
    The flashback is quite touching! But why are they called orphans? Their more of runaways than orphans,and interesting that they have siblings.
    Well, their home city *did* get overrun and many of the inhabitants slaughtered...

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Goddess of the Galaxy NicoNico28's Avatar

Well, their home city *did* get overrun and many of the inhabitants slaughtered...
    Really? I thought only the main city was attacked? If not I must've missed where the farm was attacked or they said it was attacked. I do have a short term memory...

The general impression I got was all the cats in the area got screwed over, since they made no attempt to help out any survivors. And the city could be seen from their farm, so...

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I mean, Panthro and Cheetara were putting an emphasis on surviving on your own, doing whatever it takes.....and they end up just being lead to food? Hm. Well, I did like the flashback though......
    The Thunderkittens were already quite capable of taking care of themselves though and were only lead to the food because of that ability.

Panthro and Cheetara were attempting to teach them survival skills based entirely on the notion that they hadn't really endured true hardship or had to make a really difficult choice in their lives simply because they were children. There wasn't a lesson learned at the end of the episode because the whole thing was about teaching young cats old tricks.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    The Thunderkittens were already quite capable of taking care of themselves though and were only lead to the food because of that ability. Panthro and Cheetara were attempting to teach them survival skills based entirely on the notion that they hadn't really endured true hardship or had to make a really difficult choice in their lives simply because they were children. There wasn't a lesson learned at the end of the episode because the whole thing was about teaching young cats old tricks.
    I suppose that's a much better way of looking at it. Touché.

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Hancock, Vivi, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Fujitora, Caesar

it was cute, enjoyable, and did some character building. i'm satisfied.

Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Preview images and video from the next episode "the Pit". Introducing someone I've been waiting to see in this show since day one!

link

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Preview images and video from the next episode "the Pit". Introducing someone I've been waiting to see in this show since day one!

link
    Awww yeaaah.
    Spoiler:
    I really hope this is not a long a running theme with Lion-O not getting an tail lmao. He'll be insuffurable if he's rejected again too often.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Decent ep. Not great, but decent.
    Spoiler:
    Adressed the question I had of "what happened to the city they left behind". Pumyraa was pretty cool, much more so than in the old show where she was just sort of "extra Cheetarah"... and even the show wrote her out eventually. The kittens subplot seemed extra pointless, but that's how its going to go.

And hey, Plundar! Now a city rather than a planet, just likeThundera. Works for me.
    I'm expecting a ton of cameos next week though. I'd expect Bangali and perhaps Lynxo next episode.

Spoiler:
    This episode cracked me up. Dogs running "pit fighting" a kelpto raccoon. I do like the Doberman guy though. And he sorta has a point about the cat loyalty issue lol. Ahhh animal stereotypes, love it.

Gotta say though. I like Pumyraa in this. She seems to have a personaility I can get behind and her weapon is cool. Cheetara is a tad too bland for my linking. I hadn't thought anyone survived Thundara falling aside from the main cast. That does seem like kinda a bad move in a way. I don't recall them checking for survivors. They seemed to have just taken off.

Yeah...Kit and Kat's side plot wasn't interesting. I don't know if that's better or worse than not having them appear at all in the episode.

Also...lmao off at the dramatic eyebrow twitching.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Now put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Thunderkittens subplot took way too much of the screen time >_> Tho I did enjoy the Sly Cooper reference with Tookitt and the cane.

I hope Pumyra maintains a presence on the show and doesn't just "stay behind" after they liberate the Thundarians from the Plundarr mines.

Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Spoiler:
    Pretty much agree with you guys, what with Pumyra being likeable and the sub-plot with Kat and Kit being....pointless. But is me, or was the art really wonky this episode?

http://www.animeflavor.com/index.php?q=node/26456 for anyone else who needs. I;m gonna go watch it now

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Thunderkittens subplot took way too much of the screen time >_> Tho I did enjoy the Sly Cooper reference with Tookitt and the cane.

I hope Pumyra maintains a presence on the show and doesn't just "stay behind" after they liberate the Thundarians from the Plundarr mines.
    I am happy I was not the only one to think that was a Sly Cooper reference. :D

Everypony's Favorite Brony Shuhan's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Well good news to all that hated the Thunderkittens last episode...they didn't even show in this one~

Pretty good one if I do say so myself. Nice to be introduced to the rats and glad to see that the cats were at least alive after the invasion on Thundera.

Only gripe, and it's a small one is the obvious ominous ending that last weeks and this episode ended on...for once can't we just revel in victory? No, something else has too rear it's ugly head and say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiantt
    FUCK YOU and Butterflies
    Friend Code~4511-0806-1418

Well, the show only has like 5 episodes left, it only makes sense if its a big ongoing set of cliffhangers leading to the finale from here.

Decent episode, but... man, that multi-month hiatus just really killed all the show's momentum for me. Its just harder to get excited about or into than it was.

Spoiler:
    Episode could have been better if it didn't have so much cheesy flirting. Pumyraa already hitting on Lion-O was kinda sudden I feel. Even though she forgave him last episode...Maybe everyone is just desperate lol. I kinda like that Pumyraa isn't very level headed, despite that meaning that it puts them in danger. At least she isn't a Cheetara clone.

I would so wield the sword of Plundar lol. Looks so awesome. Other than that, not a bad episode. Although I do wonder what they do with the Thunder Kittens when they go on long trips.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information