+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupin the 3rd

Post Lupin the 3rd

(did not see a thread for this show and I did use search)
    talk about Lupin in this thread

I have only seen the Dub version of lupin on adult swim and not thats its back on with the episode Return of lupin the 3rd. anyways is there a diference in the original version from japan?

Default Re: Lupin the 3rd

Nope nothing was edited, and my favorite Lupin the III movies where The Serect of Mamo and Crisis in Tokyo

Ah, good old Lupin. Adult Swim is where I got my start on it, then last year I saw The Castle of Cagliostro and the first 4 or so episodes of the first season (green jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Ah, good old Lupin. Adult Swim is where I got my start on it, then last year I saw The Castle of Cagliostro and the first 4 or so episodes of the first season (green jacket).
    I seen pics of the green jacket and only seen the Red jacket series. Heard there was a pink jacket series though.

I was mad the Hitler episode was never brought over.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it was, just not on TV.

I heard the Pink Jacket series sucked royally.

I don't understand why they didn't air that epi on TV. Family Guy and South Park have Hitler on the show all the time, I don't really see the problem.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was, just not on TV.
    I remember hearing that Pioneer flatout refused to dub the episode altogether or something. But maybe that was a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I remember hearing that Pioneer flatout refused to dub the episode altogether or something. But maybe that was a while ago.
    I think that episode is on the DVD releases, I'll have to look into that, its has definitely has been a while since I last saw Lupin. But, I know that they did keep the preview for that episode (it was titled "To Be or Nazi Be")

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

The Hitler episode was played I believe. When Lupin was on at 5:00.

Lupin III > Practically anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior View Post
    The Hitler episode was played I believe. When Lupin was on at 5:00.

Lupin III > Practically anything else
    now Lupin is on Saturdays at 1:30 Am. I only seen a few Pics from a TV special but who is Pycal?

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HEATXZ View Post
    Nope nothing was edited, and my favorite Lupin the III movies where The Serect of Mamo and Crisis in Tokyo
    Actually, I remember there was one small edit. In one episode, Lupin and Jigen are naked in a nudist club and they were wearing digitally-added boxers.

It's true that the Hitler episode was skipped on Adult Swim, and was only shown on DVD.

I got a boxed set with 5 Lupin movies last saturday. All of them are cool, but are nowhere near as great as Castle of Cagliostro.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

I don't remember digital boxers. They kept all the other nudity, after all. Men and women.

I friggin' love Lupin, I must say. Love the dub, and I read the manga (which is WAY different than the anime. Lupin himself is so much less of a nice guy in it), and I can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Carter, I have all of season 1 and 2 in both English and Japanese, so I can give the Hitler one a check and see if there's an English one.

I freaking love Lupin III. I can't discuss Lupin III without mentioning this...

Why did a movie with such a great beginning and my favorite villain have to suck so much!? ;__;

Here's everything I've seen:

Season 1 (subbed)*
    Season 2 (subbed/dubbed)
    Liberty Crisis
    Hemingway Papers*
    From Russia With Love
    Zantetsu is on Fire
    Alcatraz Connection*
    Episode 0 ("First Contact")*
    Stolen Lupin
    Secret Files (Pilot episode)
    Return of the Magician
    Strange Psychokinetic Strategy (This is one of the most amusing things I've probably ever seen.)
    Secret of Mamo
    Castle of Cagliostro
    Dead or Alive*

The ones with the asterisks are my favorite ones. Episode 0 was especially brilliant.

EDIT: Yes Carter, the Hitler episode was at some point dubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    Actually, I remember there was one small edit. In one episode, Lupin and Jigen are naked in a nudist club and they were wearing digitally-added boxers.
    I remember that episode, and I don't recall any digital editing of any sort, was this on Adult Swim?

Castle of Caligostro owns! I do kinda wish that Goemon had a bigger presence in that movie though.

Well, all I remember about the Hitler episode was that it not airing wasn't Adult Swim's fault, but Pioneer's. Maybe they came around to dubbing it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    I don't remember digital boxers. They kept all the other nudity, after all. Men and women.

I friggin' love Lupin, I must say. Love the dub, and I read the manga (which is WAY different than the anime. Lupin himself is so much less of a nice guy in it), and I can't get enough!
    I adore the manga, but damn it's hard to find. I've only been able to buy 3 volumes because I can't find any more.

I always wanted to get into Lupin, but it seems kind of intimidating because I'm a completist, and there's a whole lot of stuff out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro View Post
    I always wanted to get into Lupin, but it seems kind of intimidating because I'm a completist, and there's a whole lot of stuff out there.
    Oof, yeah, if you want all of the manga and the movies and the TV specials you're going to have a lot on your plate. It's going to be crazy expensive, too, because even if you insist on downloading things, there is probably a hell of a lot that you just plain can't get online.

And don't even get me started on random merch...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information