+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 5306

Thread: General Blackbeard Thread

Default Re: General Blackbeard Thread

I see it going like this;

When the two crews meet, Shiryuu thinks it would "be fun" to challenge Zoro and become the best swordsman. It's just a passing chance, which he takes. I think that's totally in character for him.

I could see that. Cause all we really know about Shiryuu at the moment is that he seems to enjoy killing people

taking down a large prey would lie in his interests

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuigi View Post
    I see it going like this;

When the two crews meet, Shiryuu thinks it would "be fun" to challenge Zoro and become the best swordsman. It's just a passing chance, which he takes. I think that's totally in character for him.
    Maybe Shiryuu even win a first round or something, and Zoro has to recover the title in a second match and learn the meaning of the title "the strongest" and the way Mihawk used to live.
    Learning the secret technique of the engrish, forgive me, grammar gods!!!

Moria's Current status:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    Maybe Shiryuu even win a first round or something, and Zoro has to recover the title in a second match and learn the meaning of the title "the strongest" and the way Mihawk used to live.
    Well, I see all duels to become the best swordsman between swordmen of similar strength to be a duel to the death.

And I don't think leaving Zoro half-dead will satisfy Shiryuu's bloodlust.

Urouge mentioned this before, so I will try to reiterate what he said, but... basically he points out that whenever the crew is exiting the current section of ocean they are in Zoro gets wounded really badly, putting him in poor physical condition for the final arc. In East Blue, it was Mihawk, leaving him wounded against Hachi. In the first half of the Grand Line it was Kuma, leaving him wounded against the Flying Fish Riders and Pacifista (among other things). Since Blackbeard is being set up as the "Final Boss", and Mihawk is the top of the food chain for swordsmen everywhere, Urouge was suggesting (I think) that Zoro duals Mihawk and wins, but is obviously pretty messed up from the fight (as per usual with his fights), leaving him in a weaker state when he goes against Shiryuu. Some might see that as a little cheap, but I think it could work out well. Anyway, it's just thought.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Some might see that as a little cheap, but I think it could work out well. Anyway, it's just thought.
    Zoro being handicapped in a fight against someone weaker than him has been around since the Buggy arc. It really fits his personality, and it shows how Oda can make a fight exciting even if one of the characters has clearly been established as stronger and is obviously going to be the eventual winner. Plus, scenes where Zoro is near death and improves himself are always top tier badass.

So yeah, I don't think it'd be anywhere near cheap or a cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Keatsta View Post
    Zoro being handicapped in a fight against someone weaker than him has been around since the Buggy arc. So yeah, I don't think it'd be anywhere near cheap or a cop-out.
    I don't disagree, but it would theoretically be his last major fight of the series, which is where people would expect him to be at the top of his game. Thus why I can imagine people would think it cheap, especially for Shiryuu, who would have had a lot of buildup by that point.

I don't disagree, but it would theoretically be his last major fight of the series, which is where people would expect him to be at the top of his game. Thus why I can imagine people would think it cheap, especially for Shiryuu, who would have had a lot of buildup by that point.
    Alternatively, to generate even more hype for Shiryuu, he could defeat Mihawk at some point and take the title of strongest. Again, that seems a bit cheap, but I think a plotline of Mihawk training Zoro to avenge him would be cool, albeit out of the little character we've seen in Mihawk.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I like Zoro's handicap fights. He always unleashes the inner badassness inside him.

Then it's more embarrassing for the opponent, because you've been defeated by a guy that was at 25% or less of his strength.

I'm rooting for a "Handicap Zoro vs Shiryuu" fight, but at the same time, I'd love to see them fight at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofSarus View Post
    I like Zoro's handicap fights. He always unleashes the inner badassness inside him.

Then it's more embarrassing for the opponent, because you've been defeated by a guy that was at 25% or less of his strength.

I'm rooting for a "Handicap Zoro vs Shiryuu" fight, but at the same time, I'd love to see them fight at full strength.
    Sounds awesome but Im so scared of that the title "of the Rain" might indicate theres gonna be a DF, oh God(Oda) please spare Shiryuu on the power of the Rain!
    I dont like when there is chunks in my milkshake if you know what Im saying (sorry for making terrible examples)

Quote Originally Posted by Keatsta View Post
    Alternatively, to generate even more hype for Shiryuu, he could defeat Mihawk at some point and take the title of strongest. Again, that seems a bit cheap, but I think a plotline of Mihawk training Zoro to avenge him would be cool, albeit out of the little character we've seen in Mihawk.
    I don't write the manga, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that this absolutely will not happen. Mihawk challenged Zoro to surpass him, and said that he would be waiting. To take Mihawk out and use him as a words-of-wisdom character at best would totally destroy all the development Zoro has had since Mihawk's appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by kyb597 View Post
    Sounds awesome but Im so scared of that the title "of the Rain" might indicate theres gonna be a DF, oh God(Oda) please spare Shiryuu on the power of the Rain!
    A bit cliche, but perhaps the "rain" is referring to blood. It's not a rare concept to have slashes, stabs, and decapitations create little fountains of blood. A bit gruesome for an epithet, but he is a pretty sadistic bastard, so it could fit.

I don't write the manga, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that this absolutely will not happen. Mihawk challenged Zoro to surpass him, and said that he would be waiting. To take Mihawk out and use him as a words-of-wisdom character at best would totally destroy all the development Zoro has had since Mihawk's appearance.
    I agree that it would definitely shatter a lot of the significance of Zoro meeting Mihawk for the first time and his progression since then, but I think that it would ruin the plot line more for Zoro than the reader. I'm just rambling here, but I think the loss of a good story archetype would be worth the potential scenes: Mihawk develops beyond a 1-dimensional "unattainable dream" character to match the complex characters of the other Shichibukai; Zoro's dream becomes more "realistic" as he now struggles to view Shiryuu with the respect he gave Mihawk, also symbolic of the changing era; and, obviously, Shiryuu becomes even more badass.

I think it would be interesting. This sort of ties back with my belief that at some point, each Straw Hat will have a pretty brutal scene where they discover that their dream is not as idealistic as they initially thought. An example that I think has already occurred is Chopper meeting Doctor Hogback and making the conclusion that there are certain lines in medicine that cannot be crossed. It hasn't exactly developed into a trend, but I think it would be a good way to develop the characters, especially their ambitions, which I've always felt were too simplistic.

Annnywaays, just some thoughts.

Oda may have set the story up to not end with BB but rather with a massive war against the WG. If this is the case, he could either fight Mihawk at that time or recover and have his shining moment against the Gorousei/WG/marines.

You got the theory right, though.

I really, really dont think the day would come when Zoro could win handicap against someone that was said as strong as Magellan.
    Learning the secret technique of the engrish, forgive me, grammar gods!!!

Moria's Current status:
    Spoiler:

Maybe a very stupid thought...

But every pirate has a pirate name.. maybe the fights will end up as for their names?

Straw Hat vs Blackbeard
    Pirate Hunter vs Cresent Moon Hunter
    Black Leg vs
    Burgular Cat vs
    Cotton Candy Lover vs
    Cyborg vs Giant Battle Ship
    Demon Child vs
    Dead Bones/Humming (?) vs Shinigami
    Sogeking vs
    Pirate Empress vs Corrupt King
    Knight of the Sea vs

Fill it up~ xD

Professions battle..

Possibly Shiryuu will take out Mihawk at some point. That would showcase his ability and make him the strongest swordsman in the world, and zoro's new goal. We are going into the new era where the hallmarks of old are being replaced by new ones so this makes sense.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Discovered Stowaway mickgreen58's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wintergt View Post
    Possibly Shiryuu will take out Mihawk at some point. That would showcase his ability and make him the strongest swordsman in the world, and zoro's new goal. We are going into the new era where the hallmarks of old are being replaced by new ones so this makes sense.
    I agree with this.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

I just figured that Zoro would beat Mihawk and Shiryuu would probably be the first person to challenge Zoro for the title.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Zoro has to fight Mihawk after the build up we've had (the fight itself, and Mihawk's interest in the SHs travels).

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    I wonder if Shiryuu even cares about the title though?
    thats whats makes him an interesting opponent..
    someone who juat fights cause he wants to see blood and that he is supirior to his opponent is sure hard to fight.

also so far we have just seen zoro who rly announced to have the goal to get mihawk`s position.
    are those other swordfighters around the world so afraid of mihawk, so that nobody says out loud that goal?!
    or maybe they don`t say it and just challenge mihawk..result=complete lost
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information