+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 263 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 5243

Thread: General Blackbeard Thread

Default Re: General Blackbeard Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    Or his deep believe in leaving things up to fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    What did Baroque Works jolly roger have to do with the members & Crocodile? Nothing.
    BB pirates flag is the head of Cerberus, the creature that is a symbol of fate - one head looks in the past, one in the present and one in the future.
    Fate is an important theme of his character and yes I did overlook that which was a mistake on my part, but I still think he'll obtain one more fruit since yami yami could represent the present WB's fruit could represent the past and a supernova's fruit could represent the future. The Borque Works jolly roger could have something to do with an event that happened in Crocodile's past, or seeing as how purple is included in the symbol that could represent Crocodile's motive to become someone of importance or stature.
    Last edited by Superbear 22; August 2nd, 2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: words I wanted to add

What did Baroque Works jolly roger have to do with the members & Crocodile? Nothing.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the Baroque Works were a organisation full of bounty hunters. They shouldn't even have a Jolly Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the Baroque Works were a organisation full of bounty hunters. They shouldn't even have a Jolly Roger.
    Doesn't mean they didn't have one. I presumed it was just Crocodile's same one from piracy, and the wings and sabres really don't have much to do with Croc, unless all of the rest of his crew had been swashbuckling skypeians.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbear 22 View Post
    Fate is an important theme of his character and yes I did overlook that which was a mistake on my part, but I still think he'll obtain one more fruit since yami yami could represent the present WB's fruit could represent the past and a supernova's fruit could represent the future. The Borque Works jolly roger could have something to do with an event that happened in Crocodile's past, or seeing as how purple is included in the symbol that could represent Crocodile's motive to become someone of importance or stature.
    Alot of Jolly Rogers are balant copies of captain's looks, but some have different (cooler) desings and meanings. Like Kuja pirates is related to location name, Fishmen's come from a slavery mark, Law's is complete "hi i'm doin' drugs", etc.

And the main point here is, as seen in vol 49 SBS, that Newgate and Thatch, both of who BB killed to get the fruits, were named after real Teach, and as stated by Oda, were "just the names" -> steps in OP's Teach road to the top.
    Your theory would have been right if one of the Supernoobs was named "drummond", but oops! Wrong!

Alot of Jolly Rogers are balant copies of captain's looks, but some have different (cooler) desings and meanings. Like Kuja pirates is related to location name, Fishmen's come from a slavery mark, Law's is complete "hi i'm doin' drugs", etc.

And the main point here is, as seen in vol 49 SBS, that Newgate and Thatch, both of who BB killed to get the fruits, were named after real Teach, and as stated by Oda, were "just the names" -> steps in OP's Teach road to the top.
    Your theory would have been right if one of the Supernoobs was named "drummond", but oops! Wrong!
    Wait ,wait, hold on a second I'm not connecting the devil fruits to the names of the actual Blackbeard, I was connecting them to the characters presence in the one piece world. I saw it like this: Blackbeard a man who lives from moment to moment is a figure of the present, Whitebeard is a figure of the past a made man who has been everywhere and has gained the respect and fear of many, and the Supernova, an upcoming pirate who aspires to make something of his or herself in the future.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

What she's saying is that so far BB has only taken DFs from characters with names the real life BB had and that's the connection with him and having 2 DFs.

Thatch being a name Blackbeard was known by and Edward being the other. Darkness and Quake DFs taken from them after he killed both. That is no coincidence and if he is in fact getting a 3rd DF this would be a pattern.

So if he were to get a 3rd DF the character would have to be named Drummond or revealed to have that name.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

What she's saying is that so far BB has only taken DFs from characters with names the real life BB had and that's the connection with him and having 2 DFs.

Thatch being a name Blackbeard was known by and Edward being the other. Darkness and Quake DFs taken from them after he killed both. That is no coincidence and if he is in fact getting a 3rd DF this would be a pattern.

So if he were to get a 3rd DF the character would have to be named Drummond or revealed to have that name.
    I see, then again Apoo doesn't have a full name.

scratchman......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    When I die I want to get shot out of a cannon. Scare the hell out of someone.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Brook Drummond.

Rummond D. Shanks
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

hahahaha that would be sad.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    When I die I want to get shot out of a cannon. Scare the hell out of someone.

Brook Drummond.

Rummond D. Shanks
    Scracthmen just seems like an alias to me.
    Last edited by Superbear 22; August 3rd, 2010 at 01:36 AM. Reason: I wanted to say something be then erased it

Hmmm, now that you mention it... D is for Drummond

The newest OP chapter showed what Oda's romanizations for the names of the current BB Pirates are.

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retsudo View Post
    The newest OP chapter showed what Oda's romanizations for the names of the current BB Pirates are.
    Vasco = Viz got it.
    Augur = No one got this exactly, but scanlators were closer.
    Teach = Scanlators got it.
    Catarina = Catalina would be more in line with her namesake, but what the hell.
    Avalo = No one was ever consistent with this guy. Wiki had Ablo, tournament used Avarlo, and I think Alina's sig uses Avaro, plus all the forms of it in between.
    Lafitte, San Juan, Doc Q, and FAMILY RUINER Burgess are just as suspected.
    Shiliew = No one got this. Just came out of the blue this one did.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Vasco = Viz got it.
    Augur = No one got this exactly, but scanlators were closer.
    Teach = Scanlators got it.
    Catarina = Catalina would be more in line with her namesake, but what the hell.
    Avalo = No one was ever consistent with this guy. Wiki had Ablo, tournament used Avarlo, and I think Alina's sig uses Avaro, plus all the forms of it in between.
    Lafitte, San Juan, Doc Q, and FAMILY RUINER Burgess are just as suspected.
    Shiliew = No one got this. Just came out of the blue this one did.
    Catarina was obvious, Catalina is an nonexistent name, as far as I know, Catarina is a name that exists
    And its an awesome name that fits her well

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

It's too bad Blackbeard was trying to get rid of his ship. I think it's awesome. Good thing Akainu showed up.

--Proud Supporter of the Jewelry Bonney is Immortal Theory--

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    Catarina was obvious, Catalina is an nonexistent name, as far as I know, Catarina is a name that exists
    And its an awesome name that fits her well
    Catalina is the Spanish version of Catherine. Catherine Hagerty was a pirate who served time in Devonport, Australia.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Catarina is the Portuguese version of Catherine
    Oh yeah, bitches, Portuguese wins again

Portugal: 1000000000
    Spain: 2

I've seen people pair Brook with Lafitte as opponents.

I see the reasoning, it's just that Lafitte seems too...high profile among the BB Pirates to be matched with Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsudo View Post
    I've seen people pair Brook with Lafitte as opponents.

I see the reasoning, it's just that Lafitte seems too...high profile among the BB Pirates to be matched with Brook.
    I think people match them up because they both carry a cane..

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information