+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 284 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 5662

Thread: General Blackbeard Thread

Default Re: General Blackbeard Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    There are two ways to get a high bounty in this series: being strong (Luffy) or being a psycho (caribou). Technically bounties represent the threat you pose to the government, but Luffy isn't a mass murderer, nor is he a criminal mastermind. He's physically strong and that's about it. Caribou is a known serial killer and weakling, so we know why his bounty is so high. And ceaser has a high bounty because he is a defector from a government science division who creates weapons of mass destruction and sells them to the highest bidder.
    Crocodile affected alabasta's weather due to him being a sandman on a sand island. He would be considerably less effective on a winter island. And bb destroyed a town. Not an island. Without the gura gura he couldn't destroy an entire island, at least from what we've been shown. He also became a yonkou by taking over whitebeard's former territories thanks to his inside knowledge of them. Marco was grounded by garp. There was nothing he could've done or he would have. Which is why I believe he was outclassed.
    Are we talking about the same World Government? Since when the World Government cares about the common people and gives high bounties to serial killers? This is the same government didn't care about Level6 escapees and didn't even give them bounties because of that. I highly doubt Caribou got 210 million only because of being a serial killer. As I said, one of the reasons for sure, but the reason why they can't capture him was being a logia user I guess. I knew you would say that which is why I gave Usopp example, he specifically said Caesar deserves his 300 million when he beat those giant flying fishes at Dressrosa. Law also said no one should get near him if they can't use Haki. Ace affected Drum Kingdom's weather due to his power, and it didn't fall snow when he was on the island, I imagine Crocodile could do the same. Aokiji and Akainu turned Punk Hazard into something else due to their logia power. And Blackbeard could destroy the island if he wanted, if someone can destroy a town in only seconds, then destroying an island is also possible. Jinbe specifically said Blackbeard used his earthquake power to obtain those territories, inside knowledge helps but it's not enough. Sure, if Marco was grounded, Aokiji was grounded when he kicked by Marco as well as Kizaru was grounded when Marco kicked him, if we are using the same logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    Are we talking about the same World Government? Since when the World Government cares about the common people and gives high bounties to serial killers? This is the same government didn't care about Level6 escapees and didn't even give them bounties because of that. I highly doubt Caribou got 210 million only because of being a serial killer. As I said, one of the reasons for sure, but the reason why they can't capture him was being a logia user I guess. I knew you would say that which is why I gave Usopp example, he specifically said Caesar deserves his 300 million when he beat those giant flying fishes at Dressrosa. Law also said no one should get near him if they can't use Haki. Ace affected Drum Kingdom's weather due to his power, and it didn't fall snow when he was on the island, I imagine Crocodile could do the same. Aokiji and Akainu turned Punk Hazard into something else due to their logia power. And Blackbeard could destroy the island if he wanted, if someone can destroy a town in only seconds, then destroying an island is also possible. Jinbe specifically said Blackbeard used his earthquake power to obtain those territories, inside knowledge helps but it's not enough. Sure, if Marco was grounded, Aokiji was grounded when he kicked by Marco as well as Kizaru was grounded when Marco kicked him, if we are using the same logic.
    We are talking in circles and getting nowhere with this. Neither of us is going to be convinced by the other, so why don't we just agree to disagree and leave it at that?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

It could be that Rocks DF was the Yami Yami no mi, his fathers fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    It was specifically mentioned that Kid got his 315 million bounty due to civilian casualties.

However, I do agree Logias are still a major threat, since the percentage of Haki users in the world is still relatively small. And just knowing Haki ain't a guarantee that you will defeat one of them.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Come to think, both BB's and Kaido's Jolly Rogers have their set of bones designed similarly, I wonder if that's some influence from Rox.

Do you think it's possible Blackbeard can read the poneglyphs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Do you think it's possible Blackbeard can read the poneglyphs?
    I would find it bullshit. If a person from level 6 can then sure.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I would find it bullshit. If a person from level 6 can then sure.
    Why would you find it bullshit it's Blackbeard were talking about after all.

Unpopular opinion: Blackbeard is Luffys Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Why would you find it bullshit it's Blackbeard were talking about after all.
    So? Its a skill you are supposed to learn. Oda could decide that he was secretly trained in reading them but I consider there has been zero hint to that and would make little since with the rarity of the skill or what we know. So 90% sure I would find it bs. Dont worry I call bs on a lot more Oda decision than most people.

it is more likely that Blackbeard would have the voice of all things. As stated by Rayleigh, it seems that reading the Poneglyph was something, somewhat exclusive to the people from Ohara.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

He never came across as much of a scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    He never came across as much of a scholar.
    And yet he has a knack for history. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that BB can read--or at least hear--poneygliphs. Either that, or Laffitte's hypnosis abilities could be revealed in some capacity useful in obtaining the poneygliphs' information.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    it is more likely that Blackbeard would have the voice of all things. As stated by Rayleigh, it seems that reading the Poneglyph was something, somewhat exclusive to the people from Ohara.
    But now we know that Roger had Oden too and it was undoubtedly him who curved those words on Skypia poneglyph.
    Three eyed people can decipher the ponyglyph as Big Mom said. So may be someone from that tribe can help him. Oda wouldn't have revealed that so nonchalantly if they won't play a role in the future.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    And yet he has a knack for history. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that BB can read--or at least hear--poneygliphs. Either that, or Laffitte's hypnosis abilities could be revealed in some capacity useful in obtaining the poneygliphs' information.
    True, but he would need more than a knack to learn an outlawed dead language all on his own. Sure he could just be born with it like Luff, but i would hazard a guess that anything he knows he learned from his relation to Rocks, most likely some passed down bullshittery for their bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by auem View Post
    But now we know that Roger had Oden too and it was undoubtedly him who curved those words on Skypia poneglyph.
    The text carved in Skypeia was done on the side of the poneglyph, not on the poneglyph itself. I had thought so as well, when the Kozuki had been revealed to be stonemasons, but someone corrected me. The reason I point this out, is because had the message been written on the glyph then that 100% guarantees that Oden was there. However, it isn't on the stone, so anyone could have written that message.

Roger's message, you can see it underneath the speech bubble on the top right
    Hidden:

Another thing to note, is that the Kozuki family cannot read the poneglyphs like Ohara did. Their technique/specialization is carving the unbreakable material that the poneglyph's are made of. So how did the Kozuki of old manage to write the messages? Easy! They were given a copy of the message on paper and they transcribed it onto the stone.

It was explained by Rayleigh that no one in their crew could read the Poneglyphs. They were pirates after all. But that Roger had the voice of all things. So I wouldn't be surprised that Roger used the voice of all things to somehow write the new message in Skypeia, without learning how to read the language.

Hidden:

Hidden:

Three eyed people can decipher the ponyglyph as Big Mom said. So may be someone from that tribe can help him. Oda wouldn't have revealed that so nonchalantly if they won't play a role in the future.
    Now, in terms of Blackbeard, the only reason I say he would have the voice of all things over being able to read the poneglyphs like Robin does, is because he pretty much mirrors Luffy. I absolutely agree that the three eyed tribe will play a role in the future.

Hidden:

I would love to have another translation to compare. But I vaguely remember it being related to the voice of all things. Now, it could be that all three eyed members have the voice of all things. And that would make them a special race, as we have seen just a few characters that have the ability. Now we still have to see if or how the voice of all things is related to observation haki. However, considering the vagueness of Big Mom's words. I like to imagine that the power, even if it is a variation of the voice of all things, is more related to their third eye. Something like being able to see a particular voice. So, for example the missing poneglyph could be discovered by a member of the three eyed tribe that can "hear/see" where it is. So the crew would have to go unto another "uncharted" adventure following the path seen by this last member. I like to imagine if a lookout would join the crew, that they would be able to do something like this. Complementing Robin's ability to read the glyphs.

There is also the fact that Blackbeard is looking for a wife, and Big Mom's thing is marriage, and there is Pudding that was supposed to be married to Sanji...so I think there is a connection to be had there.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

The text carved in Skypeia was done on the side of the poneglyph, not on the poneglyph itself. I had thought so as well, when the Kozuki had been revealed to be stonemasons, but someone corrected me. The reason I point this out, is because had the message been written on the glyph then that 100% guarantees that Oden was there. However, it isn't on the stone, so anyone could have written that message.

Roger's message, you can see it underneath the speech bubble on the top right
    Makes absolutely no sense.
    Why would you mess with inscription of the stone itself and possibly confuse everyone who would read it in the future? Just put a note on the side.
    It was 100% Oden.

Another thing to note, is that the Kozuki family cannot read the poneglyphs like Ohara did. Their technique/specialization is carving the unbreakable material that the poneglyph's are made of. So how did the Kozuki of old manage to write the messages? Easy! They were given a copy of the message on paper and they transcribed it onto the stone.
    https://mangalife.us/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-818-page-12.html
    The ability of reading and therefore writing was passed down. Oden was the last Kozuki who could do it, he couldn't teach Momo.

It was explained by Rayleigh that no one in their crew could read the Poneglyphs. They were pirates after all. But that Roger had the voice of all things. So I wouldn't be surprised that Roger used the voice of all things to somehow write the new message in Skypeia, without learning how to read the language.

All he said was, that they were pirates and weren't as smart as Clover and the scholars of Ohara, and that Roger couldn't decipher the poneglyphs only hear the voice of all things.
    And that is 100% true. Oden could decipher the poneglyphs only because he was thought to do it, the scholars of Ohara figured everything out on their own.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Makes absolutely no sense.
    Sure.

Why would you mess with inscription of the stone itself and possibly confuse everyone who would read it in the future? Just put a note on the side. It was 100% Oden.
    I am not saying it was not. I am just clarifying that the new message was not left on the poneglyph itself but on the side. You know, like auem had indicated in their post. I do believe at that point Oden had already joined Roger in his journey. However, had the message been carved on the poneglyph itself that guarantees 100% Oden's presence as he would be the only one able to do so. On the side? Anyone, most likely Roger or Oden.

https://mangalife.us/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-818-page-12.html
    The ability of reading and therefore writing was passed down. Oden was the last Kozuki who could do it, he couldn't teach Momo.
    Other translations added "read *and* write". It is clear that the Kozuki family are stonemasons. Their input was to be able to carve the poneglyphs, that are supposed to be indestructible. It has already been mentioned that Oden had the voice of all things. It is very likely that Oden will find a glyph and understand it, but not be able to read it. Their expertise as stonemasons will probably heavily involve Ryou or whatever the haki thing is called.

It also makes 100% sense that the Kozuki would carve the glyphs but not know the language. As that guarantees that the language remains a secret. The typical question is: how would they be able to write the message then? Easy, they were given a piece of paper with each message, and they simply used their expertise as stonemasons to carve the desired message on the stones.

Otherwise, how do you propose they taught the language for 800 years? Because, unless it was purely from mouth to mouth, any sort of documentation left behind would put at risk the information getting into the wrong hands. Yes, unlikely, this is a country of strong samurais tha....oh right, the country has been seized.

All he said was, that they were pirates and weren't as smart as Clover and the scholars of Ohara, and that Roger couldn't decipher the poneglyphs only hear the voice of all things.
    And that is 100% true. Oden could decipher the poneglyphs only because he was thought to do it, the scholars of Ohara figured everything out on their own.
    Rayleigh's sentence is not properly structured for that. He is saying, "We weren't as smart as the scholars, Roger had to use a special power to understand them..." You are adding this: (inner monologue: but we did have a crew member that read the glyphs for us, so this mention of Roger's power was unnecessary...because we got a translation).
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; November 17th, 2019 at 06:47 AM.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

I am not saying it was not. I am just clarifying that the new message was not left on the poneglyph itself but on the side.
    You know, like auem had indicated in their post. I do believe at that point Oden had already joined Roger in his journey. However, had the message been carved on the poneglyph itself that guarantees 100% Oden's presence as he would be the only one able to do so. On the side? Anyone, most likely Roger or Oden.
    Still makes no sense. Why would he leave the message on the Poneglyph and alter its inscription? Why would this be 100% proof? Why does it matter where he left the message?
    It's not about where he left it but that he left it there at all.
    Ever since Robin found this message we were wondering how and why Roger could write and read it. Now we got the answer that makes 100% sense, and people are still trying to figure something out, that isn't there.

Other translations added "read *and* write". It is clear that the Kozuki family are stonemasons. Their input was to be able to carve the poneglyphs, that are supposed to be indestructible. It has already been mentioned that Oden had the voice of all things. It is very likely that Oden will find a glyph and understand it, but not be able to read it. Their expertise as stonemasons will probably heavily involve Ryou or whatever the haki thing is called.

It also makes 100% sense that the Kozuki would carve the glyphs but not know the language. As that guarantees that the language remains a secret. The typical question is: how would they be able to write the message then? Easy, they were given a piece of paper with each message, and they simply used their expertise as stonemasons to carve the desired message on the stones.

Otherwise, how do you propose they taught the language for 800 years? Because, unless it was purely from mouth to mouth, any sort of documentation left behind would put at risk the information getting into the wrong hands. Yes, unlikely, this is a country of strong samurais tha....oh right, the country has been seized.
    How do you teach children a language? How did you learn to write, read and understand English?
    And to keep the secret, once you learned to read and write, you burn the notes.
    Not that hard at all. It has been passed down in the Kozuki family for 800 years. Neptun knew about Poseidon, that has been passed down in his family.
    Everything is more than logical, why are you trying to find something that's not there?

Rayleigh's sentence is not properly structured for that. He is saying, "We weren't as smart as the scholars, Roger had to use a special power to understand them..." You are adding this: (inner monologue: but we did have a crew member that read the glyphs for us, so this mention of Roger's power was unnecessary...because we got a translation).
    That's not what I'm adding. I just have something in my mind, that justifies the “hearing the voice of all things” thing.
    What if the Roger pirates didn't find all the Poneglyphs about the true history, I mean the world is wide, and the stones are just a few, easy to miss. What if they learned the truth from something that is on Raftel and has a voice that can only be heard from people with this ability? I mean a stone having a voice is kinda strange, even for One Piece. Luffy was near a few Poneglyphs now, he didn't hear a thing from them, but he heard the Sea Kings, and also Zunesha, both living things that can actually have a voice.
    Without Oden Roger would have never found Raftel, that's why he was thankful.
    Last edited by Zhenja; November 17th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    Still makes no sense.
    Sure.

Why would he leave the message on the Poneglyph and alter its inscription?
    No one is saying anything about altering the inscription on the poneglyph. The glyphs usually have 4 sides to them. Why are you over complicating it?

Why would this be 100% proof? Why does it matter where he left the message?
    Because you and I differ in what the Kozuki's can do. You think they can read the language. While I think they have the ability to carve the poneglyphs. As their profession dictates: stonemasons. That they are able to carve the poneglyphs is their family tradition, not the passing down of the languages.

So why would it be proof or matter where he left it? Easy, because if the Kozuki's are the only ones in the world that can carve the poneglyphs. Any new message carved into a stone would guarantee that Oden was there. However, given the message was on the side of the stone, on regular brick, anyone, has the ability to leave a message like that behind. I am specifically talking about carving of the stones.

In terms of using the language, that could have been Roger or Oden as both of them had the voice of all things. Something that follows in-line with what Rayleigh said, that they did not know how to read the language.

It's not about where he left it but that he left it there at all.
    It's two different matters.

Ever since Robin found this message we were wondering how and why Roger could write and read it. Now we got the answer that makes 100% sense, and people are still trying to figure something out, that isn't there.
    ? What is it that I am trying to "figure out that is not there?". Rayleigh's sentence makes no sense about saying that Roger could understand the glyphs, if they had a translator.

Rayleigh could have said: "We had someone that translated the glyphs for us" That is what you are implying by saying that Oden could read and write. You are in a contradiction. "We were pirates we couldn't understand it, except we had someone that could so we understood it..."

How do you teach children a language? How did you learn to write, read and understand English?
    Let's see...with extensive documentation?

And to keep the secret, once you learned to read and write, you burn the notes.
    Good thing none of them had dementia. So you use notes, and burn them, and then write them again to teach them, to burn them. You do not see a flaw, or maybe you know, lose of information? All the Kozuki had photographic memory.

Not that hard at all. It has been passed down in the Kozuki family for 800 years. Neptun knew about Poseidon, that has been passed down in his family.
    Right because knowing about the name of an Ancient Weapon and its powers = an entire language.

Everything is more than logical, why are you trying to find something that's not there?
    Everything is more than logical on my end as well.

That's not what I'm adding. I just have something in my mind, that justifies the “hearing the voice of all things” thing.
    Yes it is. Either they had a translator and understood the language, or they used strange voice powers to understand it.

What if the Roger pirates didn't find all the Poneglyphs about the true history, I mean the world is wide, and the stones are just a few, easy to miss. What if they learned the truth from something that is on Raftel and has a voice that can only be heard from people with this ability? I mean a stone having a voice is kinda strange, even for One Piece. Luffy was near a few Poneglyphs now, he didn't hear a thing from them, but he heard the Sea Kings, and also Zunesha, both living things that can actually have a voice.
    Mmmm, okay, so what if? What are you trying to say with this scenario?

Without Oden Roger would have never found Raftel, that's why he was thankful.
    Yeah, that does not mean Oden could read the language. Although him being mr. mccool, he might. Or perhaps, Oden's version of the voice of all things was more advanced than Roger's. Like it was displayed with Momo and Luffy... (maybe there is a parallel there, maybe). So Roger finally found someone like him that could hear these voices and they helped each other.
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; November 17th, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
    Hidden:
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information