+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 284 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284
Results 5,661 to 5,662 of 5662

Thread: General Blackbeard Thread

  1. #5661

    Default Re: General Blackbeard Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    No one is saying anything about altering the inscription on the poneglyph. The glyphs usually have 4 sides to them. Why are you over complicating it?
    You know that the Poneglyph was embedded in the Golden Belfry, and only one side was accessible? I'm not complaining, I just ask questions, and try to find a sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Because you and I differ in what the Kozuki's can do. You think they can read the language.
    That's a fact.





    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    ? What is it that I am trying to "figure out that is not there?".
    You're trying to find a reason, why it wasn't Oden who carved the message.


    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Let's see...with extensive documentation?


    Good thing none of them had dementia. So you use notes, and burn them, and then write them again to teach them, to burn them. You do not see a flaw, or maybe you know, lose of information? All the Kozuki had photographic memory.
    Once you know a language you don't need notes.
    Sukiyaki learned it from his father, when he reached a certain age. Oden learned it from Sukiyaki when he was at a certain age.
    I mean it's not that hard. Like, this symbol means A, this Symbol means B. You have one year to learn that stuff. After a year or so you burn every note. But you know the language for the rest of your life. If you know a language you can't forget it.


    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Right because knowing about the name of an Ancient Weapon and its powers = an entire language.
    Also the whole Joyboy thing etc.. But that was just an excamle that it's nothing knew that knowledge can be passed down for generations.


    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Mmmm, okay, so what if? What are you trying to say with this scenario?
    The stones don't have a voice, and the Roger Pirates didn't learn the truth from the Poneglyphs but from something that is on Raftel, and only people with the ability to hear the voice are able to hear it.


    Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Yeah, that does not mean Oden could read the language.
    This whole discussion is invalid unless you can answer this: How do you write "I hereby guide this document to its end. Pirate Gol D. Roger" when you don't know the language?
    And "the stone told me" doesn't count as an acceptable answer.

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  2. #5662

    Default Re: General Blackbeard Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    You know that the Poneglyph was embedded in the Golden Belfry, and only one side was accessible? I'm not complaining, I just ask questions, and try to find a sense.
    Yes. In fact, the first post you quoted is me exactly saying that.

    I have already stated that different translations indicate that "writing" is part of the translation. Writing on the indestructible stones.

    You're trying to find a reason, why it wasn't Oden who carved the message.
    No, I am not trying to find a reason. I am saying there is a reason. You have yet to even mention the fact that Kozuki are acknowledged by their stonemasons skills. Which is what I am trying to say:

    Because the Kozuki are stonemasons AND the only ones in the entire world to be able to carve unto the poneglyphs. Had the message been written on the stone then it guarantees that it was Oden that wrote it. However, because it was not, as we agree, Roger becomes again, a candidate of whom wrote the message.

    Once you know a language you don't need notes.
    Sukiyaki learned it from his father, when he reached a certain age. Oden learned it from Sukiyaki when he was at a certain age.
    I mean it's not that hard. Like, this symbol means A, this Symbol means B. You have one year to learn that stuff. After a year or so you burn every note. But you know the language for the rest of your life. If you know a language you can't forget it.
    This is completely false. Anyone whom has ever learned a language will tell you that without practice and content to practice with frequently, people will forget.

    Also the whole Joyboy thing etc.. But that was just an excamle that it's nothing knew that knowledge can be passed down for generations.
    Knowing some random names or events still does not = learning a language.

    The stones don't have a voice, and the Roger Pirates didn't learn the truth from the Poneglyphs but from something that is on Raftel, and only people with the ability to hear the voice are able to hear it.
    It is more likely that the stones do have a voice as they were carved with haki and are delivering messages. Again, how does Roger follow the guidance of a stone, without being able to read a stone, while Rayleigh acknowledging that their crew could not read the stones. How are you answering that? And "Oden was the translator" doesn't count as an acceptable answer.

    This whole discussion is invalid unless you can answer this: How do you write "I hereby guide this document to its end. Pirate Gol D. Roger" when you don't know the language?
    By following the guidance of the voices you are hearing that others cannot. Like...a trance? Roger or Oden were guided by the voices on how to move their hands to write the message. But as you say, it was most likely Oden. As we saw with Luffy and Momo. Even though both were able to hear Zunisha, Momo was able to command the giant elephant. Meaning that Momo's VOA is at a higher stage than Luffy's.

    Following that logic, Oden's VOA could have been of a higher degree than Roger's. So although both could hear them, Oden could go a step further and write a message.

    And "the stone told me" doesn't count as an acceptable answer.
    Why not? In a world where a sword can drain your haki. Floating sky islands, underwater cities, why are the stones that contain the lost history of the world, that were only possible due to a clan using incredible amounts of haki to carve the message on stones that are indestructible. (read: a lot effort to do (spirit/ambition)) Why would those stones not carry the voices of 800 years in the past. How can Shirley see the future without the use of a fruit? I am throwing random examples of things that make no sense. But almost at 1000 chapters in, are we even questioning that these things could or not be?

    So again, tell me why, can't the stones have a voice?
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; November 17th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts