+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 5710

Thread: General Blackbeard Thread

Default Re: General Blackbeard Thread

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Chapter 786 Burguess wanted to kill Luffy and steal his fruit and that was a chance encounter. And he is going straight for the head before Sabo interrupt. So it seems they have a technique that doesn't require Blackbeard around or crazy prep.
    You assume that the fruit always instantly leaves the moment of death, but it doesn't. Whitebeard stood there for quite some time without the fruit respawning instantly.

Smiley's fruit respawned the moment of death, but he also didn't just die - he completely evaporated on the spot.

It's possible that the transition period varies depending on how much damage the body sustained, means Burgess would have had enough time to bring Luffy's dead body to Blackbeard in time.

I was so disapointed when i realized Oda threw away such a great aspect of what could've made the darkness fruit truly incredible by making the DF stealing an anyone can do it thing. What a lost opportunity that was.

I still think there is a difference between stealing a devil fruit from someone by just killing them and giving it to someone without a power and what Blackbeard did in acquiring a 2nd devil fruit power.

Having 2 fruit powers is supposed to be impossible and I think it is something related to Blackbeard's first fruit power and/or the way fruits work.

For example, if fruits are somehow tied to/associated with a certain organ like the brain or heart and by using the black hole type power where he can absorb things he can somehow absorb Whitebeard's heart and access that power as well.

Anyway, I think there might be more aspects to the Darkness fruit than we know. That is why Blackbeard was so hell-bent on acquiring that fruit from the start. If it allows its user to have access to 2 or more fruit powers it's no wonder he killed Thatch, stole the fruit, and risked the entire wrath of Whitebeard's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    I still think there is a difference between stealing a devil fruit from someone by just killing them and giving it to someone without a power and what Blackbeard did in acquiring a 2nd devil fruit power.

Having 2 fruit powers is supposed to be impossible and I think it is something related to Blackbeard's first fruit power and/or the way fruits work.

For example, if fruits are somehow tied to/associated with a certain organ like the brain or heart and by using the black hole type power where he can absorb things he can somehow absorb Whitebeard's heart and access that power as well.

Anyway, I think there might be more aspects to the Darkness fruit than we know. That is why Blackbeard was so hell-bent on acquiring that fruit from the start. If it allows its user to have access to 2 or more fruit powers it's no wonder he killed Thatch, stole the fruit, and risked the entire wrath of Whitebeard's crew.
    It was implied by both Marco and the most recent databook to have something to do with Teach's unusual anatomy, not some special property of the yami yami.

Can orochi be BB brother ?

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    Can orochi be BB brother ?
    No.
    They're from two different places, BB is a "D", Orochi is a Kurozumi from Wano

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    No.
    They're from two different places, BB is a "D", Orochi is a Kurozumi from Wano
    BB isn't a real D as it was said by WB, and it is said that he was found as an orphelin that they don't know from where he comes

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    BB isn't a real D as it was said by WB, and it is said that he was found as an orphelin that they don't know from where he comes
    WB never said he wasn't a real "D", he simply said BB isn't the one Roger is waiting for, which makes all the more sense now since Oden's flashback which Roger/Oden heard the Sea Kings say, that
    they were awaiting the King to be born in a faraway sea.

Roger told WB everything, hence when Ace turned up, he was grooming him to be the person that would fulfill that prophecy, except its not Ace but Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Roger told WB everything, hence when Ace turned up, he was grooming him to be the person that would fulfill that prophecy, except its not Ace but Luffy.
    I continue to hate this idea with passion and choose to think it was just a way for Akainu/Sengoku to play on Squardo's hatred of Roger.

I apologize if this has been mentioned, but I was reading up on Xebec ships and many of them had three masts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xebec
    Blackbeard is associated a lot with the number three. Maybe it's a coincidence and Oda just gave Rocks D. Xebec the name to sound cool or maybe it's something to tie him in with Blackbeard.
    Also, Xebecs were used mainly by the Barbary pirates and corsairs who captured a bunch of slaves, so maybe that ties in with the God Valley incident?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information