+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 263 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 5243

Thread: General Blackbeard Thread

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Default Re: Catarina Devon, Basco Shot and San Juan Wolf.....

Yeah. People say that the mist monsters were never going to reappear.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    Then, to those people, may I rabble a few other things: Laboon's lost clan, Birka, Sanji's Wanted Poster image, Pluton, Captain John... and probably hundreds more!

Dunno' why I'm saying this a year after the arguments ended.

The 20 month hiatus is over... "Chapters 180-237 - Fighting, Battling and Waging War" OUT NOW!!!

Ok, so I made this topic back in March on OPMv2 (please check it out and keep in mind it was made before Blackbeard showed up at Impel Down)

Luffy vs. Blackbeard at Marinford

Now, Blackbeard showing up at Impel Down actually fits my theory perfectly that Luffy will fight and defeat Blackbeard as the big saga "boss" (just like Crocodile, Eneru, and Lucci). I use this term to describe the major enemies that serve as the central antagonist for a whole set of arcs (this does not include any of the East Blue Pirates, Bellamy, Wapol, Baroque Works Agents, Magellan, Foxy, or Gecko Moria - only enemies for one arc unlike Crocodile, for example, the central villain of Whiskey Peak through Alabasta - the Baroque Works "Saga").

Now, my theory has grown a bit from the first post in that discussion on OPMv2 since Blackbeard's arrival. Obviously this was something I could not predict, but it fits for many reasons. The first being that Luffy has met and fought each of his major enemies at least once before their final battle. This has continued with Blackbeard. Now over at OPMv2 we predicted Shiryuu would join Blackbeard at it turns out we were right =D. I put in one of the later posts in that Luffy vs. Blackbeard topic (the week of the chapter BB showed up) that Blackbeard or Shiryuu would free Vasco Shot, San Juan Wolf, and Catrina Devon and that they would form an alliance to escape Impel Down, and perhaps even help Blackbeard in his plan to rock the world in a few hours.

But what is Blackbeard's ultimate goal in Impel Down? As I said on OPMv2, I think there are 9 levels to Impel Down and Blackbeard is after whatever is on Level 9 of the Prison. I doubt he could rock the world with 3 more members to a powerful crew....so what if the World Gov. is keeping something / someone in level 9 of Impel Down (using the prison as if it were a vault to store this secret person / thing that Blackbeard wants and will use against them). Now, I think circumstances will lead these 3 big-names to join Blackbeard, but I do not think that is the reason for him being there.

Now, isn't it interesting between Blackbeard, Lafitte, Van Auger, Jesus Burgess, Doc Q, Shiryuu, Vasco Shot, San Juan Wolf, and Catrina Devon there would be nine Blackbeard Pirates? The perfect enemies if the Straw Hat Pirates' respective journies bring them all back together at Marinford eh?

Oh, I'm CosmoKramer470 at OPMv2 by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    But what is Blackbeard's ultimate goal in Impel Down? As I said on OPMv2, I think there are 9 levels to Impel Down and Blackbeard is after whatever is on Level 9 of the Prison. I doubt he could rock the world with 3 more members to a powerful crew....so what if the World Gov. is keeping something / someone in level 9 of Impel Down (using the prison as if it were a vault to store this secret person / thing that Blackbeard wants and will use against them). Now, I think circumstances will lead these 3 big-names to join Blackbeard, but I do not think that is the reason for him being there.
    You might actually be on to something here. The disappointing Level 6 hype could have been a way to take the reader's mind off the possibility of even more floors. 9 floors is a good guess, since it would fit with Dante's image of hell, that I think Impel Down most likely is based on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante) )

But if so, what could be hidden in those 3 remaining floors. Poseidon? Dr. Vegapunk's laboratory (oldest one in the book)? An army of PX-bots? The Devil Fruit tree? Hmm....

The 20 month hiatus is over... "Chapters 180-237 - Fighting, Battling and Waging War" OUT NOW!!!

Well, I certainly agree with you about Dante. I think you're absolutely correct in that Oda based Impel Down on Dante's description of Hell. One further bit of evidence I neglected to mention in my previous post - The Devil himself resides on level 9 of Hell in Dante's Inferno. I don't think it's a coincidence Blackbeard claims his Devil Fruit ability is the power of the Devil himself. However, I don't know wether that has signficance as to what is actually kept there, or wether it's just one of Oda's little hints about things to come.

Blackbeard isn't going down anytime soon. Not this arc or the next.

Also, lol at "9 floors"

Quote Originally Posted by SunWuKong View Post
    ps: how do you know those pirates? did you look them up or do you really actually know this stuff
    Well, I know some of the more famous ones already. Edward Teach, Bartholomew Roberts, and so on. Others I just look up. One particularly useful source is Time Life's The Mariners: The Pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    And what do you have for San-Juan and Catherina? I had some research as well but I'm not sure~
    The best guess I can make for Devon is that she's named after the Australian pirate Catherine Hagerty. Devon might come from Devonport, Australia which isn't all that far from where she and other convicts (including another future female pirate Charlotte Badger) were being sent.

Far as San Juan goes, well, that part is easy. San Juan, Puerto Rico was heavily targeted by pirates during the 16th century.

It's the Wolf that's harder to pin down. It might be a reference to the Sea Wolf nickname for pirates or it might be something less generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    I think that it will, but not until Erbaf comes into the story.

Also, lol at "9 floors"
    If you include the towers that rise above the outer walls, there probably are that many floors in Impel Down.

He meant, and I should have said, LEVELs

Vongola_Boss_XI

I doubt he could rock the world with 3 more members to a powerful crew
    Why doubt this? With 3 new uber crew mates his crew will begin to resemble a Yonkou crew who seem to have three notable crewmates besides the captain(we'll see if the pattern continues with Kaidou&#4) each. Even more so if he recruits the grunt looking level 6 fighters as a start-up fleet.

With such a powerful crew backing him he can easily fill the void left by WB's defeat. With the Marines and WB fleet in shambles, Shichibukai going their separate ways, and Kaidou&Shanks crew keeping each other at bay there would be no huge force to stop him from continuing to climb the ladder. Seems like a great reason to raid the prison though I'm sure there will be some twist we can't foresee to Teach's motives.

The theory Shiryuu will not join BB but blame Magellan for the entire situation, taking his position, makes more sense. Throwing off the 9 vs 9 scenario. Same scenario people thought would go down in SA. How long until this is merged with the General Blackbeard thread?
    Last edited by Ryuksgelus; June 7th, 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Musician of Ω Mega Pirates Jazzfeezy's Avatar

2 chapters they will be here
    Musician of the ΩMEGA PIRATES:

Song Update: MGK Ft. Planet VI - Runnin
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...76#post3145876

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    The theory Shiryuu will not join BB but blame Magellan for the entire situation, taking his position, makes more sense. Throwing off the 9 vs 9 scenario. Same scenario people thought would go down in SA.
    Well, everything he did 'til now hints toward it. He still looks at Impel Down as his property and was shown to hold a grudge against pirates.
    Not every bad guy in One Piece ends up as a pirate.

You're not telling me this are you?

I guess I did.
    I'm tired.

He was a death row inmate. Regardless of wether or not Magellan is to blame, I hardly see him as worthy of guarding the prison even in the World Government's eyes. I think he's leaving Impel Down with Blackbeard.

I'm just saying, it makes no sense really if all Blackbeard wanted was three powerful people. I mean, if he goes into the New World to become a Yonkou, he looses his title as Shichibukai....you have to think his big plan involves the title Shichibukai. Why would he even need a shichibukai title to get three powerful people to join him? Couldn't he simply invade Impel Down on his own? =/

I don't see why you all think it's so ridiculous to think *Gasp* Oda's keeping secrets about Impel Down still. I mean, level 6 wasn't exactly a secret, given Ivankov and others knew about it. More importantly, it sits above the sea floor....there must be some kind of foundation in the bedrock. It's quite possible there are three levels below the sea floor. I mean, the Prison certainly isn't just resting on top of the ground.

I suppose we'll see, but everyone seems to think Blackbeard is simply going to become a Yonkou...I just don't see it. I mean, think about this, he wanted Luffy, not Ace. The Whitebeard War wasn't originally part of his plan. Thus, he was going after something that could kill even Whitebeard. Is it really three people or would something more powerful be required to take down the World's Strongest Man?

Blackbeard wouldn't be able to pass through the New World like a normal Pirate as a Shichibukai, he'd have to have a plan to go straight for One Piece. Thus, he's quite a pertinent threat to Luffy's dream. He can get to Raftel much faster than Luffy with World Government resources....thus he's not as much a rival as someone like Kid or Law.

In addition to all of this, the big fight on Raftel for the title of Pirate King should really be more of a rival / antithesis to Luffy. Blackbeard, on the other hand, is the antithesis to Whitebeard, thus I don't really see him as a suitable final rival for the title of Pirate King. I mean, no matter what, I seriously doubt that Raftel will be the final arc....the final arc will most likely be taking down the World Government itself....so I would assume either the Gorousei or the top fighters the World Governmnet has will be the real final opponents / villains of the entire series.

Why doubt this? With 3 new uber crew mates his crew will begin to resemble a Yonkou crew who seem to have three notable crewmates besides the captain(we'll see if the pattern continues with Kaidou&#4) each. Even more so if he recruits the grunt looking level 6 fighters as a start-up fleet.
    Agreed. If they really are among the Silver Medalists that have been said to have lost only against Roger and Newgate, then they pretty much should be able to put on a show the world has never seen before. Especially if they are teamed up with Teach.

He was a death row inmate. Regardless of wether or not Magellan is to blame, I hardly see him as worthy of guarding the prison even in the World Government's eyes. I think he's leaving Impel Down with Blackbeard.
    They have employed people like Spandam and marines like Onigumo&Akainu you think the WG is above hiring a psychotic but capable person to run their prison?Think they'd think look down more on the man who let a mass riot happen on his watch than another who simply butchered some bad people they don't care about to begin with on his.

I'm just saying, it makes no sense really if all Blackbeard wanted was three powerful people. I mean, if he goes into the New World to become a Yonkou, he looses his title as Shichibukai....you have to think his big plan involves the title Shichibukai. Why would he even need a shichibukai title to get three powerful people to join him? Couldn't he simply invade Impel Down on his own? =/
    Not at all. How exactly do you expect 5 pirates with no support to get past the calm belt in a shitty ship,then break in through the front door and make their way all the way down to level 6 without getting attention from the marines. Main reason he wanted the Shichibukai title was probably to get past the calm belt and be allowed to dock. It really makes no sense to you that BB would want to recruit extremely powerful pirates with a grudge against WB in his crew to help him on his path to PK?

I don't see why you all think it's so ridiculous to think *Gasp* Oda's keeping secrets about Impel Down still. I mean, level 6 wasn't exactly a secret, given Ivankov and others knew about it. More importantly, it sits above the sea floor....there must be some kind of foundation in the bedrock. It's quite possible there are three levels below the sea floor. I mean, the Prison certainly isn't just resting on top of the ground.
    I admitted in m post that there could be a secret unforeseen motive none of us can guess. However you're basically just spouting fanfiction with no basis at all in the manga. That is whats a little ridiculous.

I suppose we'll see, but everyone seems to think Blackbeard is simply going to become a Yonkou...I just don't see it. I mean, think about this, he wanted Luffy, not Ace. The Whitebeard War wasn't originally part of his plan. Thus, he was going after something that could kill even Whitebeard. Is it really three people or would something more powerful be required to take down the World's Strongest Man?
    Why are you assuming the three people in level 6 aren't enough to help him take down WB or everybody on level 6? Why are you dead-set on the idea Teach wants a super weapon or something to kill WB? WB's battle at Marineford wasn't originally a part of his but taking down WB always has been. Raiding ID to gather Silver Medalist to assist him taking down WB and supporting him the rest of the way could have still been his apart of his plan. Taking down Ace and the upcoming war doesn't change that. In fact it seems like a giant lucky break. Though I am interested to know what BB meant when he said his plan isn't going as smoothly as he'd hoped.

Blackbeard wouldn't be able to pass through the New World like a normal Pirate as a Shichibukai, he'd have to have a plan to go straight for One Piece. Thus, he's quite a pertinent threat to Luffy's dream. He can get to Raftel much faster than Luffy with World Government resources....thus he's not as much a rival as someone like Kid or Law.
    He can't get anywhere in the New World without a powerful crew as he'd have to fight every Yonkou. Not easy to do with only 5 crew members. The WG wouldn't support a pirate actively seeking the title of PK so I really don't understand your first comment. Think you may be putting too much emphasis on the Shichibukai title. He wants to become PK and to do so he'd have to go through all the World powers including the Goverment.
    Last edited by Ryuksgelus; June 7th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.

In addition to all of this, the big fight on Raftel for the title of Pirate King should really be more of a rival / antithesis to Luffy. Blackbeard, on the other hand, is the antithesis to Whitebeard, thus I don't really see him as a suitable final rival for the title of Pirate King. I mean, no matter what, I seriously doubt that Raftel will be the final arc....the final arc will most likely be taking down the World Government itself....so I would assume either the Gorousei or the top fighters the World Governmnet has will be the real final opponents / villains of the entire series.
    Really? I agree that his focus so far seems to be replacing Whitebeard, but all the dramatic moments, coupled with his remarkable similarity to Luffy (with a dark twist, of course) seems to indicate that he will eventually be Luffy's biggest rival. I'm not saying that it will play out that way, as I agree that a fight with the World Government will need to be resolved toward the end, but I could definitely see Blackbeard taking part in that as well.

So you just kinda said that the other crewmember are not notable? :/ Dare I say, the best sniper in the world, Van Auger, and Lafitte, who is recognised by face in MariJois, are not notable? :/ Bah. You need to watch your mouth, pal~ >_>
    Also, yonku pattern with 3 notable members? Whitebeard has 16 divisions, but we seen 4 captains. FOUR (of 16)
    Shanks has Lucky Roux, Yasopp and Beckman, which are THREE. I do not see any pattern here :/

Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    So you just kinda said that the other crewmember are not notable? :/ Dare I say, the best sniper in the world, Van Auger, and Lafitte, who is recognised by face in MariJois, are not notable? :/ Bah. You need to watch your mouth, pal~ >_>
    Also, yonku pattern with 3 notable members? Whitebeard has 16 divisions, but we seen 4 captains. FOUR (of 16)
    Shanks has Lucky Roux, Yasopp and Beckman, which are THREE. I do not see any pattern here :/
    Yassop is the best Sniper in the World. Most people always match BB's current crew with the weaker SH so that why I list them below any potential new silver Medalists crew members. In the OP world only Laffitte was somewhat known. His notoriety hardly compares to someone Iva lists alongside Crocodile, Jinbei, and Ace.

The only people with any sort of emphasis in WBs crew are Marco, Jozu, and Ace, which are THREE. Everybody else is depicted as a nameless grunt despite their status in the world no different than the dozen of level 6 prisoners we've seen. Do you really think Shanks crew goes Beckman, Lucky, Yassop>>>>>>>>Rockstar with no other notorious&powerful members?

Hey, I'm just trying to think outside the box here. Freeing those three named pirates is the first think I thought of when I thought what he might be doing in Impel Down - the obvious choice. Given this is One Piece and Oda, I tried to think beyond what is obvious as he's quite the unpredictable author.

I'm not dead-set on anything....I don't know why people get annoyed if you don't agree with their opinion. I mean if we all say the same thing, there's no point in having a conversation. That said, I think it's worthwhile to think of other possible ideas.

It's annoying when people say, "that's just a fanfic" just because there's no solid proof yet. I mean, how much fact does your theory have to be based on before it leaves the realm of fanfic? A fanfic is when you actually try to write a story based on the characters....thinking about what might actually happen in the future is simply speculating.

So when thinking about what Blackbeard's purpose in Impel Down might be, I began wondering why a prison clearly based on Dante's Inferno would only have 6 levels. Now I know Oda might want to save time...but that really doesn't seem like Oda. So just because we've seen 6 levels, does that really mean there are ONLY six when dealing with One Piece? Oda never tried to hide level 6 from us...from the minute we saw diagrams of Impel Down we saw the blacked out level 6....not exactly hidden for Oda. So couldn't he be tricking us into thinking level 6 is the "secret" level, when in actuality, there are still 9 (7 is another possiblity given Purgatory described by Dante had 7 levels). So wouldn't the MOST dangerous person / people (or items?) be kept on the bottom level? If that's the case, I would think it would be of the most interest to Blackbeard.

As for Blackbeard's real strength, I think people seriously overestimate him. I mean, Luffy didn't go down from his attack and he was bleeding from a jet gattling....I dont' see how much different their fight could be later in the manga. Luffy can normally defeat more powerful people through the right strategy. It took three attempts, but he took down Crocodile. Similarly, defeating Blackbeard is a matter of overcoming his devil fruit. Just because Blackbeard could defeat Ace and Ace is stronger than Luffy, does not necessarily mean Blackbeard will defeat Luffy. Blackbeard takes physical damage as much as others, if not more. Unlike Luffy, Ace has likely focused on only using his devil fruit ability for fighting. Though he was stronger than Luffy when they were kids, he likely neglected physical fighting since acquiring a logia ability. In the future, I hardly see how it will be any different. Right now, we've seen Luffy CAN hurt Blackbeard. So with the right strategy he could overcome his devil fruit ability. Unless Haki is just going to be some haxx to negate Blackbeard's ability, I dont' see the point in delaying this fight for 12 years =/ I mean, so maybe Blackbeard will return in the future....but I think Luffy will win in a fight against Blackbeard at Marinford. The look Luffy gave Blackbeard when they met just screamed, "I'm going to kick your ass soon!"

Now, back to the three Pirates mentioned in level 6, Catrina Devon, San Juan Wolf, and Vasco Shot....just how strong could they really be to be captured? To me, it would seem they're your average level captain in The New World. I mean, certainly they'd be powerful allies....but honestly, level 6 is where Luffy would probably be put if he had been captured on Shabondy. So I'm not quite sure these three Pirates are going to make the difference for Blackbeard between rivaling the Yonkou and being a nobody.

Also, there's no guarantee that they would join him after leaving Impel Down....would he really become part of the Shichibukai just to get three pirates that may abandon him the moment they leave the prison? I mean they very may well stick with him, but there's no guarantee...it seems like an awfully big plan for only the possibility of new crew members. Blackbeard says he will rock the world within a few hours...sure he may plan on working his way to Yonkou title after this big event (though with a Marine ship I would think he would go straight for Raftel...if that's possible). But is, departing for the New World amidst the chaos of the World Government fighting Whitebeard really Earth shattering? It would seem he's got something bigger in mind - the death of Whitebeard. There's no guarantee San Juan Wolf, Catrina Devon, and Vasco Shot will join him, and even if they do, they're certainly not as strong as Whitebeard. I would think any level 6 pirate would roughly be about the level of the Shichibukai....but Whitebeard? Shanks? I don't think so. I'm just saying, Blackbeard would have to have some assurance that whatever he's after will remain in his possession, be that a person or an item kept in the prison.
    Last edited by Vongola_Boss_XI; June 7th, 2009 at 08:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information