+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 382 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

Default Re: Sonic and Mario....at the Olympics? (Seriously...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I hope these games end up like the ones in Munich
    We can never go back to Munich!

Default Sonic Rush Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by yusaku
    The sequel to DS's own Sonic Rush has been announced:
    http://www.sega-europe.com/en/NewsStory/1519.htm

SEGA Europe and SEGA of America today announced the development of Sonic Rush Adventure for the Nintendo DS. Sonic Rush Adventure will seamlessly utilise both screens of the Nintendo DS to navigate the high seas in search of pirate treasure, delivering Sonic's classic high-speed 2D gameplay in the ultimate Sonic handheld experience. Developed by SEGA Studios, Sonic Rush Adventure for the Nintendo DS will be available in Autumn 2007.

Sonic returns to the Nintendo DS in an all-new frantic adventure complete with dizzying dives, near vertical curves and brain twisting loops. Sonic Rush Adventure will retain the DS action that fans loved so much from Sonic Rush, as well as providing a new high seas adventure where Sonic clashes with ruthless pirates. Players will set off from Windmill Village as Sonic and blast their way through seven action-packed and widely diverse levels. Sonic Rush Adventure will make full use of the DS Download Play feature and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, which enables gamers to compete with friends in wireless racing and mission-based battles.

Players will speed through action stages to uncover valuable items and materials which all Tails to build new ships to help Sonic discover the high seas. With a fleet of up to five ships, including a submarine, water bike and hovercraft, Sonic Rush Adventure uses the Touch Screen technology in exciting new ways. Use the Nintendo DS Stylus to help control vessels as they race across the ocean gathering rings, performing tricks, and torching pirate boats, whilst engaging in fierce ship-to-ship battles. At the end of each level, epic 3D boss battles spanning both screens will test gamers skills to result in an ultimate showdown with the evil pirate, Captain Whisker.

Sonic Rush Adventure allows players to bounce, fly, swing, ride and run through grand environments of lush forests, an ominous ghost ship, snow covered mountains, pirate villages and a vast underwater sea cave. Along the way there will be a variety of enemy characters to battle against including robots, skeleton warriors, pterodactyls, and a robotic triceratops.
    First screenshots here:
    http://www.seganerds.com/2007/04/16/...ced/#more-1429

And here:
    http://www.theghz.com/news/index.php?article=2058

Feel free to discuss(and maybe perhaps make it sticky,please).
    ^I'm Looks cool to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

That totally came out of nowhere.

Default Re: Sonic Rush Adventure

YEAH SWEET I LOVED THE FIRST SONIC RUSH

i hope they make this good

Brawl friend code: 2406-4848-5800

Awesome, I can't wait.

The first Sonic Rush is the best Sonic game to come out in..well, forever. I can't imagine how awesome a sequel to improve on that will be.

Hmm, no mention of Blaze huh..

I'm hoping other characters will be playable. Despite being a Sonic fan I actually prefer playing as Knuckles where possible and was disappointed he wasn't playable in the original Sonic Rush. Still, Sonic vs Pirates. What's not to like?

Sonic is going up agaianst a gang of Pirates! Awesome to bad its not the starwhats :P

Anyway the Leader of this crew is a new character called "Captain Whiserks" he and Sonic and trying to find some lost treasure.

Conception art
    [img]ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES/Sonic%20Rush%20Adventure/Screenshots/SRA_Screens_Emb041607_Annc/whisker_0216_ok.jpg[/img]

[img]ftp://segapr.segaamerica.com/SEGA_GAMES/Sonic%20Rush%20Adventure/Screenshots/SRA_Screens_Emb041607_Annc/sonic_0116_A_ok%20copy.jpg[/img]
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

This looks fantastic. Finally, it seems that Sonic is back on an upward trend. I loved Rush, I loved Secret Rings, and I should love this as well. Can't wait.

Getting a ds lite was probably the best decision I've made ina while. and here's one more reason.

Seems like things are on the up and up for the franchise.

...So I take it I'm the only one here whose neck still hurts trying to get past the first few stages wondering if Sonic will appear in the upper or lower screen?
    Still hope this game will do good, 3D Sonic hasn't been doing much for the fans :/

Actually I'd prefer it if the game was like Sonic Rush, i.e. 2.5D as I felt Sonic has never worked well in the third dimension. He works well in 2D so why change it?

Quote Originally Posted by tonitonichopper View Post
    Seems like things are on the up and up for the franchise.
    I've heard this so many times it isn't even funny

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

well the franchise isnt exactly going up and up, but i was definitely a fan of the sonic rush game and glad that they're making another one.

I hope they keep the creator of the music from JSRF as the BGM provider for this sequel, the soundtrack of sonic rush was fucking awesome

So why does this actually look worse than the first Sonic Rush exactly?

well im hoping its because of jpeg compression, but it could also because sonic looks pretty flat (outside of the what i assume to be bonus stage levels on the water), like a only-slightly-rehashed version of the sonic advance games

^ Lord have mercy.....

i knew blaze would be back. but i didn't see her coming

Brawl friend code: 2406-4848-5800

Ugh... I really wish Sega would stop making new characters and revive some of their old ones. Heck, a recent opinion poll stated that many fans wanted to see Mighty return.

Ahhh Sonic! Stop having new characters! Raah, why can't Sega learn that adding new characters EVERY SINGLE GAME is stupid?
    "Yo. When do you think people die? When their heart is pierced by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! People die....when they are forgotten. THIS HAS TRULY BEEN A WONDERFUL LIFE!!!"-Dr.Hiluluk

Hmm....I didn't really like Blaze, but I do like the looks of that racoon character (looks like a racoon anyway)

But as nifty as the racoon looks, the amount of main characters in the Sonic universe is getting ridiculous.

We've already got: Sonic, Tales, Knuckles, Metal Sonic, Charmy, Vector, Espio, Eggman, Amy, Cream, Big, Rouge, Chaos, Gamma, Emerl, Tikal, The Chao, Shadow, Omega, Blaze, Jet, Wave, Storm, Silver, Racoon girl.

Not to mention old characters who haven't been brought back yet. Like Ray, Mighty, and Fang. (I'm sure they'll pop up eventually though)
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information