+ Reply to Thread
Page 386 of 387 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 384 385 386 387 LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 7733

Thread: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Default Re: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

So today, I contemplated buying either Forces or Tekken 7, and chose the latter. Mainly because the former just didn't look like I was gonna get enough enjoyment for my buck, and I really love fighting games. Guess I'll be waitin' for that lovely price drop then.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Default Re: General Sonic the Hedgehog Thread (Feat. Douglass Robb from Hoobastank)

Switch officially has the worst version of Sonic Forces.

"Despair is not a luxury we can afford"

This is going to be a good game. *laughing*

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Switch officially has the worst version of Sonic Forces.

Not that surprising really
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Confirmed garbage

http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/08/sonic-...rious-7062004/

In Short: Whoever this shoddily made platformer is meant to please it won’t be those that like Sonic Mania, or any of the better 3D Sonic games.
    Pros: The avatar customisation is very impressive and clearly knows its audience. As flawed as the game is it’s not outright broken, unlike many previous Sonic titles.
    Cons: Barely interactive level design that has learnt nothing from the franchise’s better entries. Clumsy, frictionless controls and weird storytelling tone.
    Score: 4/10

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

I've played it and it's...meh.

I'll admit I enjoyed the story, simple and to the point, not too dark and edgy like the Shadow game. Yeah nothing special but I don't really expect much with these games, long as it's coherent. Though I do wish there were more cutscenes, prepare to see a lot of talking heads explaining the situation rather than showing us. Yeesh, even 06 and Boom weren't that lazy.

The gameplay segments feel so disjointed, sure it's just get from point a to b but there rarely feels like a difference between the three. Classic Sonic feels so much like an add on on this game, he has very few stages and mostly just doesn't have the lock on, so he does have some bits of challenge but not by much. And I oddly don't remember much of Modern Sonic's bits, he rarely in the game and with the short stages, don't really have any difficulty to them. I know plowing through the stages is a thing since Unleashed but at least Colors, Generations and that game had more hazards about them. This doesn't even try, enemies just stand about barely attempting to attack you and it feels quite...boring sadly. The avatar stages try to balance both of them and the variety to use "Wispons" is a good idea, but it just comes down to either having a weapon you can plow through everything with or having one that stops the pace for a bit before you proceed. And even then you can just as well hop on the enemy or bypass them completely. But really it doesn't matter which avatar your pick, none of their advantages really matter in the long run.

So are there are positives? Mmm some good music, and they do give some good variety to the customization, practically throwing clothing at you with each completed stage. And of the three, the avatar probably has the more varied stages of the bunch. If you liked Generations, you'll feel at home here, albeit in a scaled down fashion. Seriously, why are these stages so short?

Alas, much as a Sonic fan I am, this was a disappointment and a major step back compared to Generations in terms of 3D Sonic games and in quality compared to Mania. There is a lot of untapped potential here both story and gameplay wise and I can sense what they were going for (a stage that involves Infinite screwing up everything is a good example). It's not completely terrible, controls are good, keeps the sense of speed of the last main 3D Sonic games (if not a little floaty here and there. In my opinion, they should've kept the run button from Lost World and focused on tightening up the movement and physics), some of the writing is actually pretty on point that it made me chuckle a bit (some voice direction could've used work though) and is fun in small doses. But very forgettable all the same and not worth the price tag they're asking for. I'd wait for a price drop if you really want it.

WHOOOO-WA-TAAA!!!!!

Monstra: www.monstra.comicgen.com

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

This is an interesting review.

Not really. It's a clear fanboy who has no problem with the mechanics or story of the game and all but outright said "this game is better because I get to use my OC." Also Studiopolis Zone is a really cool conceptually but it's literally the most boring and uninspired of the new stages in terms of actual level design. But sure knock a game for being derivative when that was the entire point, and don't mention how the refreshed second acts are often brilliant.

But whatever, you don't have to look further than the title of the video to see that it's inflammatory clickbait veiled as a genuine review. I feel dirty even watching it.

Too Diluted for School The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

I mean, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it. But honestly, Forces' quality plus the price for it ain't sitting well with me.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Shockingly, people have different (and often terrible) opinions on the internet.

Even some reviewers I watch that are big Sonic fans (like SomecallmeJohnny) say the same beats:

basically it's okay at "best", oc plays too much like modern Sonic, classic Sonic is shoehorned in (a fact) yet somehow plays worse than he did in Generations, so on and so forth.

For the record, I disagree with him too.
    It's just interesting to hear even one person stand up for Sonic Forces against the tsunami of bad reviews (although I'm pretty sure he also liked Bubsy more).

But it's not interesting. It wasn't enlightening in any way, and he has no skill (or perhaps interest) in actually articulating what was good about Forces or what was bad about Mania. He can have whatever opinion he wants, but you don't make a video called "Forces is better than Mania" and then not say jack shit for 5 minutes.

Yeah like the point of what we were saying last time wasn't that "gee how novel some guy is standing up against the torrent of negativity by being a shining light in the darkness!"

It's that dissenting opinions are commonplace on the internet. Particularly if they're not actually good at providing any substantial argument. You don't get points just for being a devil's advocate

How bad is it that a lot of the reviews I've read and seen go out of their way to list "At least it's not broken like Boom or Sonic '06" as a positive?...

How far has this series fallen when "At least the game functions competently" is a thing we have to specify?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Saw this video in my search bar and I was like I'll post it here and see if others would like to watch for a change.

<em>
    But, how, can I exist within the midst of this? But, how, can I admit that I would quit on you? Missio - Can I Exist

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information