+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Coloured Manga Audition Thread

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL Coloured Manga Audition Thread

Salutations, all.

As many of you know, Arlong Park isn't just a forum, it's also a website, and will be host to the most comprehensive data reservoir on One Piece knowledge in history.

To accentuate AP's originality, we Navigators have decided that it is to our best interest to juxtapose images alongside our text, but not just any image. We feel that the OP anime does not do true justice to Oda's artwork; it cannot, given Oda had little to no hand in their adaption and animation. As such, we settled on using manga panels, but those black and white images aren't exactly attractive.

Here is where the creative genuis of AP comes in; we are holding auditions to hire artists to colour certain manga panels to mutual benefit; the artists will be credited and get a popular venue to showcase their art, where potentially hundreds of thousands of viewers will be exposed to, and we at AP get a more attractive website.

How artists are selected is a bit trickier; artists won't usually audition for one scene, but for a whole "theme", particularly characters. That is to say, one person can volunteer to colour all Zoro manga panels, another Brandnew, and so on. The exceptions are one-time incidents like Knock-Up Stream, of which a single person can volunteer.

To audition, simpy submit a manga coloured in your style relevant to what "theme" you would like to audition for; if selected, your work will be posted and you will be contracted to colour any related manga panels at the behest of a Navigator.

However, it should be noted that merely because an artist has been contracted to a certain "theme" does not mean that such an artists permanently have a hold over that "theme". Ergo, if you feel you can do a better job than an artist who currently has artwork up, you may recolour that person's pilot image and we Navigators will discuss it; if we feel your work is indeed superior, we will grant you conditional permission to replace that artist. The condition is you must match each and every panel of manga coloured by that artist before we will replace or host any of your work pertaining to that scene.

As of right now, except for the above case of conflicts, if someone submits a coloured manga pilot, it will almost certainly get approved. There are no set limitations on how many "themes" and artist can have a commission over; potentially, anywhere between one and a hundred artists may have contracts for themes on the AP main site.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Malintex_Terek; April 15th, 2007 at 03:33 PM.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Default Re: OFFICIAL Coloured Manga Audition Thread

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a go.

Sounds interesting and I really would like to try and be a part of this, lest my laziness hold me back...I'll get a pilot started sometime so hopefully it'll get done eventually.

I would love to this come to pass as an on-going masterpiece of a website.

I didn't understand some stuff of it..
    Basically, what will you do with the colorings? Spread them around the website?
    Also, how do I submit my coloring to the audition? I need to color EVERY panel of the person showing in it along the series?.. That's pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Also, how do I submit my coloring to the audition? I need to color EVERY panel of the person showing in it along the series?.. That's pretty big.
    No no no, when he said all Zoro panels, he didn't really mean all of them. Just certain manga panels of him, maybe the Arabasta scene with his lion attack.

Basically, what will you do with the colorings? Spread them around the website?
    Basically, if you look here, we'll be having a table down at the bottom with all of Zoro's moves, and an accompanying picture with each move coloured from the manga. At the top will be a profile picture, and in respective sections (such as, "personality") we'll have panels of Zoro relaxing and such.

So, I'd estimate the largest of "themes" to encompass something like ~24 panels, and the panels aren't even necessarily a whole page of manga. For Asura? Two pages most likely. But something like Onigiri? One; even then, in the table where the moves are, they will be cropped/reduced and one merely clicks a thumbnail to enlarge them.

You wouldn't be doing all appearences of Zoro on the site, say, just everything pertaining to a "theme". In this case, themes are characters. In other cases they could be objects like dials.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

cont'd.

Basically, colour a manga panel of your choice and post it here, or send it to a Navigator; the Navigators and interested Administrators will discuss it, though ultimately it'll be our call as to who is selected.

The panel must be large enough for us to get a good feel of your work; preferrably, a manga page that shows the level of work you're willing to commit to the project is warranted; if you spend something like eight months on one panel (hypothetically), and it turns into a Renaissance portrait, I would say the Navigators would expect the same out of you for every image pertaining to a theme.

So, just the level of work you're willing to commit. The theory is as we put up images and the site gets more popular, the competition for slots will drive up the quality of images - so even if the images that are put up there initially aren't the best, people will continue to work to top them, thus prompting all interested parties to put out their best work.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

cool!!, i'm so in!!!!
    i realy want to help you coloring!!!!!
    so when the audition start?
    i need to show my works in the thread right now???

The auditions are open from now until forever, so if you've already got a panel, feel free to post it here and say what theme you're aiming for.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

I don't really understand...could you explain differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The auditions are open from now until forever, so if you've already got a panel, feel free to post it here and say what theme you're aiming for.
    what types of theme you have?

I will stick to colouring Kuroobi, Kumadori and Brooke. Maybe some work on Hattori.

(this is funny because all of them are either shown in colourspreads, or can be presumed as, blast-white and therefore need no colouring)

You still gotta shade them, Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizoku_Chopper View Post
    what types of theme you have?
    never mind,i think i get it now
    i can color anything you want!!
    but i especially want to coloring the straw hats craw (especially nami,zoro,sanj,luffy & chopper) and their attakes!!
    and also kaku(including his giraff mode),lucchi& spandam of the cp9

and for works, here my album of my all colorings:

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f11/DODO1234/ONE%20PIECE/COLORED%20MANGA/

so its okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I don't really understand...could you explain differently?
    OK, you know how topics in forums have titles? And that those titles dictate the general direction of discussion in said topic? That is, "OFFICIAL Coloured Manga Audition Thread" would usually mean the discussion in said topic would pertain to coloured manga.

Basically, if there's a page on the wiki, it's a theme. A page dedicated to "Zoro" therefore would be a theme.

Granted, it's not exactly correct to call themes pages because some stuff from certain pages are seen in other pages, but for convenience you could call them pages.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizoku_Chopper View Post
    so its okay?
    That's beautiful work, KC, but you'll have to post the particular themes you'd like to focus on the most - CP9 is a good start. Which agent do you want to go for first? I see a lot of Kaku, so if you're eager to do someone like Kaku, you'll have to post one of the samples and say you'll devote your time to Kaku.

I can't select you personally, though, because this is a concensual thing among all the Navigators.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Basically, I bored halfway through with this

Spoiler:

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    That's beautiful work, KC, but you'll have to post the particular themes you'd like to focus on the most - CP9 is a good start. Which agent do you want to go for first? I see a lot of Kaku, so if you're eager to do someone like Kaku, you'll have to post one of the samples and say you'll devote your time to Kaku.

I can't select you personally, though, because this is a concensual thing among all the Navigators.
    ahhh,so i need to choose a character and show only coloring of him
    how many i can choose??

MY GOD TABOO...

that is AMAZING!

I dont colour but this idea sounds awesome!

Kaizoku Chopper i've always been a fan of your work.

If I ever manage to get the group in a groove and release chapters, you have permission to use any of the colored manga from my group.

You know, when it comes out.

Wise Sage

Heh, I guess I'll submit something later. If I get around to it that is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information