Closed Thread
Page 1 of 329 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Discussion

Magi

Default Bleach Discussion

Oh I know there's gotta be people here that follow the anime/manga. I personally watch the anime instead of reading the manga.

It's so fantastic. By far the best new show of the season in my opinion.

I'm probably the opposite of you, I prefer reading the manga over the anime. The manga's got the better drawings (if you ask me) and I'm not that fond of the music in the anime. But I have seen some of the episodes..... Er, what? Wait..... No, I just prefer the manga over the anime.

Anyways, yes, my second favourite manga series (only second to 20th Century Boys!). Good stuff.

Bleach is a great action series. Kubotite has a really talent for keeping fights exciting even when he drags them out (see the end of the just-finished recent arc in the manga). It doesn't make top series, but it's still something I look forward to reading every single week.

As for the anime, it's blowing through the manga a little too quickly, IMHO, but overall, I like it. They got a near-perfect voice cast (I hate Renji's VA, though...), the music is...odd, but catchy, and it's all around brought to life well.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Bleach manga just won the Shogakukan Manga Award, if I'm not mistaken. Go Kubo!

I like Bleach because of the characters. They all gets screentime and character development, even the nameless characters like the Renji fanboy or the Hinamori admirer. I like how Kubo makes a lot of characters but still gives them something unique.

The plot isn't something original (boy gets power, boy has to save girl in another dimension, boy's friends help, boy gets friends along the way... flame of recca anyone?), but the storytelling so far is good. Gin is the factor that brings a difference to the usual plot, and from the latest chapter it looks like we'll see what he's up to really soon.

I don't quite like the anime. Maybe I'm just not used to the washed out look of the animation. It's always good to see Kon spazzing out though.
    One Piece is boring.

Only because it's boring to say every week, "This is awesome. Oda is a Genius.".

bleach is definitely my second fav, after one piece.

and kon is totally my favorite character.

When watching Shonen Jump series, I somehow always end up watching the Anime first. Sometimes they take a while to hook me, however. Naruto took 8 episodes, and One Piece took 24.

Bleach is the only one since Rurouni Kenshin that hooked me after one episode.

Of all the SJ mangas/animes, Bleach is by far the most FUN to read/watch. I don't worry about originality or drawn out story arcs in Bleach, because the series has been pure fun the whole way. It's not the best, but I still enjoy it a great deal. The characters are wonderfully portrayed (even minor characters like Asano are a hoot and a half at most times,) and so much of it just WORKS. If this current story arc ends on a high note with me, it may overtake One Piece as my second favorite SJ series.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

gurneel

Not really something I would call original storywise, but what sets this apart from other shounen magna is style and the amazing cast of characters.

Really, I've stopped looking for originality in Shonen Jump, period. I read them to have fun, mostly, and Bleach does a good job at being Fun.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Bleach ties with Death Note as my third favorite manga.

(Great to see you back gurneel. :) )

Monsieur Orange

I *adore* Bleach. I watch the anime and collect the manga in Japanese. I love the art in the manga very much. Bleach really makes me laugh out loud, and I love the characters.

My favourite character is Chad, followed closely by Urahara and Kon.

(I also think Bleach has the best opening ever <-- *Biased Orange Range fanatic*)

What? What real world...? Daydreamer's Avatar

I LOVE Bleach. It&#39;s definitely able to compete with OP in my opinion. The characters are excellent.

And the Kurosaki family is just hilarious. (Including Kon here^^).
    Death is a small thing
    Methinks it is life which thou dost fear

David Eddings
    Sorceress of Darshiva

Peeperoonie

I&#39;ve just latched onto Bleach after my One Piece binge - more fun with downloading scanlations&#33; A couple of friends bugged me for over a month to watch it. So far I prefer the way the manga does the story...though I&#39;ve only seen four episodes of the anime. With manga that include fights I always like to se the anime though, I&#39;m never very good at visualising fight scenes in motion.

Bleach is definitely interesting, though, sometime I feel the fight scenes are too dragging...
    I love Rukia :D

I haven&#39;t read it in a while. However I might as well pick up it again after the whole SS arc is over, maybe. But it&#39;s definitely the most stylish series in Shounen Jump though.

Originally posted by Yoska@Feb 14 2005, 08:15 AM
    I haven&#39;t read it in a while. However I might as well pick up it again after the whole SS arc is over, maybe. But it&#39;s definitely the most stylish series in Shounen Jump though.
    [snapback]2180[/snapback]
    If it helps any, the "Save Rukia" arc ended this week. Of course, the whole conspiracy thing still hasn&#39;t been resolved, but it looks like that may be getting its own story...
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

i think they continued right away with the conspiracy arc. i saw people got killed in 167. ichimaru seems to have made his move

Originally posted by Yoska@Feb 14 2005, 10:15 PM
    But it&#39;s definitely the most stylish series in Shounen Jump though.
    [snapback]2180[/snapback]
    Definitely. While Odacchi is quite a pioneer in making shonen characters that actually changes clothes (at least on color pages), Kubo&#39;s fashion sense is obviously better.
    One Piece is boring.

Only because it's boring to say every week, "This is awesome. Oda is a Genius.".

I just bought vol. 1 of the english manga, and I really like it so far. I like Ichigo and his dad the most so far.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Is it only me or girls&#39; boobs get bigger and bigger every time I notice it? :x :P

But yeah, I&#39;m looking forward to (kind of) new arc for Central 46 Room matter. But probably in ch168, they&#39;ll write Genryuusai vs Shunsui / Ukitake. Was it you, e1n, that reminded me?

Marred

I love Bleach ^_^, but I only got into it recently. It&#39;s not my absolute favourite though.

Closed Thread

Thread Information