+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore

Default Re: Claymore

Yeah I wouldn't say it was rushed. With Isley and Luciela dead is was only a matter of time before Riful got killed off. Hell I expected Alicia/Beth to kill her off. I guess Yagi went this way so that Riful could give some commentary for Priscilla during the A/B fight and to reestablish Priscilla at Omnigod tier.

Only thing I guess I was shocked by was A/B getting killed off since I figured they would be the orgs last line of defense and not Raki. Since we know about the DoD on the mainland, Yagi can now start to establish that part of the story. Now if he planned to kill A/B, R&D just so that he can get the Clare and Priscilla rematch and finish the manga, then you can say he's rushing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Damn nigga.

You know how this story and how future arcs progress?
    We got the most we could get from them. Isley catalyzed Priscilla's dominance making her unbeatable and Riful created Ruciellia. What did you want? ANOTHER long epic arc with Riful as the boss? We got two of them already.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    We got the most we could get from them. Isley catalyzed Priscilla's dominance making her unbeatable and Riful created Ruciellia. What did you want? ANOTHER long epic arc with Riful as the boss? We got two of them already.
    I wouldn't have minded that. Riful deserved better, one of the best villians going around :(

Oh no! I refuse to believe Riful died.. she was hit by a omnidirectional piercing attack.. but bah!

..I mean she awesome (...ok and rather evil, but its the bored evil not the "ophelia" evil)

No corpse no crime

Ophelia wasn't evil. She was just a bit crazy and REALLY hated Yoma. Honestly, once she realized she was an Awakened Being, she even fought against herself to motivate Clare to kill her.

Riful was torturing people and murdering. She was evil. I liked Riful, but she was definitely evil.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I wonder though, how could Riful have maintained the balance of power during the Northern Campaign if Priscilla was this much more powerful than her?

I mean the Abyssal Ones hurt Dauf pretty badly, while they were hounding Isley for who knows how long. This suggests Isley was ridiculously more powerful too, how could Riful have intimidated that group?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I wonder though, how could Riful have maintained the balance of power during the Northern Campaign if Priscilla was this much more powerful than her?

I mean the Abyssal Ones hurt Dauf pretty badly, while they were hounding Isley for who knows how long. This suggests Isley was ridiculously more powerful too, how could Riful have intimidated that group?
    You mean after? Riful left them alone and went back to the West. From when she meet Isley after he dueled with Luciella. She met Priscilla and knew she couldn't defeat her aloneso she spent the last 7 years looking for allies or when she found Raciella a yoki manipular to revive them. As for Isley, he mostly spent that time with Priscilla and Raki raising a Psuedo family in the South. While the Org worked on completing improving A/B and the Abyssal feeders.

I'm reading the older chapters, it's really surreal, like reading ancient history.

That said, did The Organization use all of Teresa's body in formatting Clare into a Claymore, or just her head tissue?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

I'm reading the older chapters, it's really surreal, like reading ancient history.

That said, did The Organization use all of Teresa's body in formatting Clare into a Claymore, or just her head tissue?
    It only shows Clare bringing Teresa head to the Org and not the body. So it seems to be just the head.

Well I don't think Clare could have dragged the entire body too...it just seems odd because there's not a whole ton of tissue to use from the head. :<
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Just caught up to the latest chapter and damn was the action good. Whom of Clare's group is dead so far BTW?
    Oh man Ophelia...she was one of my fav. characters in this series, mainly cuz she's a crazy psycho bitch. Surprisingly enough I have completely forgotten about her til I read this thread =/

Quote Originally Posted by Tizoc View Post
    Just caught up to the latest chapter and damn was the action good. Whom of Clare's group is dead so far BTW?
    Oh man Ophelia...she was one of my fav. characters in this series, mainly cuz she's a crazy psycho bitch. Surprisingly enough I have completely forgotten about her til I read this thread =/
    None from Clare's group is dead so far. Cynthia might die depending on how good Yuma is at yoki syncing to help her regen her limbs.

I didn't like Ophelia at all, sorry Freeman. She was completely psychotic, I had almost no sympathy at all!

I think Irene's still alive. Also, after reading the earlier chapters I'm starting to think Lourve has been an antagonist to Clare since the beginning. Knowing Miria's hypothesis, everything Lourve has done should have been a death sentence for Clare. Every fudging mission! Does he give them out or does The Org. simply make him a messenger?

Also I am also pretty firmly Clare x Raki now, and Raki was even more "Gar" when he was younger compared to how he was in Chapter 81, because he knew he was underpowered and fought admirably.

I'm disappointed that given how Clare's group ruined Dauf's stuff when they were all so weak, Clare couldn't at least compete with him after the seven years.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

I haven't read that bit for a while so i'm probably completely wrong, but from memory she was mainly trying to avoid a fight with him because she was scared of riful wasn't she?

And Dauf was at a severe disadvantage in the first fight being in the narrow tunnel and all anyway, together with him completely underestimating/not understanding Galatea.

Ophelia was definately completely psychotic, but she was still a great character.

Gosh I hope Riful is still alive. Chapter 99 made me sad :(

Haha, Undine really is a muscle freak. She's a butch!
    Last edited by Malintex_Terek; January 7th, 2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: sp.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

I didn't like Ophelia at all, sorry Freeman. She was completely psychotic, I had almost no sympathy at all!
    lol, no prob. dude

I'm disappointed that given how Clare's group ruined Dauf's stuff when they were all so weak, Clare couldn't at least compete with him after the seven years.
    Maybe he got stronger? Or Riful made him stronger and such?

Somehow I don't think the Awakened Beings get stronger, or if they do there's a genetic limit. Riful was the one who said something like, "A weak Claymore becomes a weak Awakened Being" or something like that. If they got stronger with time, then Claymores wouldn't be able to kill awakened males from the 1st Generation.

I think they get more experienced, but however the genetics of yoki work that seems to be fixed at "birth". Dauf may have been alive long enough to have reached his limit.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Well Dauf in the first fight was gimped. He was in a narrow space so he couldn't really move around at all. Then he fought a bit with Galatea who is a #3 Claymore after all and her yoki manipulation was useful enough cut off one of his hands and keep him distracted during group battles. Then Clare was there with her quicksword and Jean had that Screw attack that is strong enough to damage Dauf's hard hide. So it wasn't that Clare's group was weak but the events that occured made it a more even fight.

As for Clare when she fought him for the rematch 7 years later. She wasn't seriously fighting him. She was more worried about Riful. She actually showed that she improved alot since Dauf couldn't hit her and she was fighting him on her own. She even deflected a rod back at him with bare strength when 7 years ago she needed to release Yoki just to do that. Problem she had was she was using windcutter which has better accuracy but it's power is weaker. So it wasn't strong enough to pierce his hide. If she used quicksword and released her yoki. It would've ruined his shit but she couldn't do that since quicksword requires yoki and that would've immediately alerted her presence to Riful.

Somehow I don't think the Awakened Beings get stronger, or if they do there's a genetic limit. Riful was the one who said something like, "A weak Claymore becomes a weak Awakened Being" or something like that. If they got stronger with time, then Claymores wouldn't be able to kill awakened males from the 1st Generation.

I think they get more experienced, but however the genetics of yoki work that seems to be fixed at "birth". Dauf may have been alive long enough to have reached his limit.
    Yeah Awakened Beings don't get stronger. Once you awakened you reach your max potential for that point. But if you get stronger and then awaken later you'll be a more powerful awakened being. Like say if Yuma awakened 7 years ago she'll be a #40 AB. If she was to awakened now after the timeskip she'll be basically be a lower single digit eqivalent AB. Dauf isn't stronger, he's the same. He just isn't gimped now since he's now in a open field not like in the Witch's Maw where he was hindered by that small hallway.

I hate to say it but the people who died in the Northern Campaign were made of tougher stuff than Clarice. I know she know's she's weak, but her uselessness in battle and lack of a die-hard attitude is really irritating.

I mean she's running away out of fear...! Clare didn't unless it was a tactical retreat. :/
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Hunter Pirate Poet Friend of Luffy and Gon's Avatar

Sorry if I'm changing the flow of this thread but I just finished watching the first episode of the anime and damn it was excellent. The animation was superb, the colouring was great, the music was really enjoyable.

I sometimes use anime as a recap to save time reading the manga. Not sure if the Claymore anime has filler though, I know it's only 26 eps but filler is possible still.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information