+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 462 "Odz' Adventure" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 462 "Odz's Adventure" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    I remember Greg posting what the kana version of "Oz" is (via a Wizard of Oz poster), and I think he said that "Odz" would be more accurate.
    Huh, okay.

"Oz" could easily be spelled with kana and make "oh-zu", but hmmmm. Greg would know he's talking about.

Jesuszilla son of Godzilla Kakaliaha's Avatar

Don't use it for scanlation because it will make a lot of people mad. People work hard turning raws into scans an stealing their work is not right. As for a translation of a translation, yeah thats not a good idea either althought the basic concept of the manga will be understood, it will lose a lot of meaning. So I don't think it would be horrible if someone translated it and posted it up but as for scanlation off a jojohot scanlation that is a big no no.

Also this chapter made me happy, it always astonishes me how Oda can pack so much into one issue, between Ussop, Odz, Zoro, Brook, and Sanji this chapter was packed full of Unadultrated Joy.

Thanks alot for the chapter, BF and [I guess] Jojohot.

*Downloading~*

does the spoiler actually say perona makes her gost oz-shaped?

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

It looks like the predictions others made about Zoro taking Ryuuma's katana may be right. I hope it's true. But, I wonder if Zoro can beat him only with Nitoryu?
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Perona

Thanks BF! Looks likes its gonna be a good chapter!

Absalom's misses.. isn't that because he's emberassed? It looks like it too me on the panel after.

Anyways, you just gotta love Odz's gattling gun. That shit is pure gold [NO PUN INTENDED].
    Also gotta notice the art through the chapter. It might be just me, but I think Oda just produced a chapter that goes along the top 10 with best art, if not The best.

On another note, Brooke's loss.. damn, doesn't that also mean Luffy can't win against Odz? Looks like they'll have to beat him using salt only.

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Senshi: No Zoro will lose his second swordfight since enrolling in Luffys crew breaking his promise and forceing him to hand in a letter of resignation and Leave the crew together with Robin and Chopper for mysterious reasons noone fully understand.

=P =P =P =P =P =P =P (i allways forget my smilies when jokeing but this time i made sure there was enough of them!)

Rai theres a difference between Brook and Luffy: The DFs impact on their fightingstyle and overall power. while Brook hasnt become any stronger (he might have become a bit faster but also physically weaker as a skeleton) Luffy only gains power from his DF.
    None of the DF powers transfered to the zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Lighthouse LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daniz View Post
    does the spoiler actually say perona makes her gost oz-shaped?

I've figured out what's happened here. Oz's name is spelt with the katakana "o" followed by a line which means the "o" sound is stretched and then a "zu". This makes "O-o-Z" but in English people would pronounce that ooze. So the closest thing is "Orz" but the people who translated it didn't like that because it's a japanese emoticon for bowing your head (it looks like a man).

Personally I think Oda-sensei meant for it to be Orz because of all the orz positions characters have been taking in this arc. Anyway that's the cause of the misunderstanding, it was probably a pun saying Perona's ghosts do orz instead of become a giant Orz.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

So if Zoro is fighting Ryuuma, that means it'll be up to someone else to beat Jiggorou and take back Zoro's shadow. It might be Brooke.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse LOL View Post
    I've figured out what's happened here. Oz's name is spelt with the katakana "o" followed by a line which means the "o" sound is stretched and then a "zu". This makes "O-o-Z" but in English people would pronounce that ooze. So the closest thing is "Orz" but the people who translated it didn't like that because it's a japanese emoticon for bowing your head (it looks like a man).

Personally I think Oda-sensei meant for it to be Orz because of all the orz positions characters have been taking in this arc. Anyway that's the cause of the misunderstanding, it was probably a pun saying Perona's ghosts do orz instead of become a giant Orz.
    ah ah ah funny stuff indeed !!! I though it might be a trans error... many thanks for the clarification man

Now that ryuma is zoros opponent , i'm pretty sure that jigoroh will be franky's opponent because franky is the only one who can take on zoro's shadow right now (sanji is already facing absalom ) .
    "if you don't have a flame and just have some smoke, then i don't need you , burn sucker!"

Ok chapter I guess even if I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of next weeks being mainly about Zoro and Sanji fights, but what can you do, they're the main fighters afterall.

Megaupload sucks badly....

I hope this is as good as everyone make it to seem...
    3DS FC: 2809-8939-5066

Its another one of those weird Jojo weeks but hey, better to have the chapter now than waiting.

So much amazing stuff this week: Usopp standing up to Perona's Negative Ghosts, Odz gatling most of the General Zombies, Brooke and then Zoro standing up to Ryuuma (looks like he may have one of the legendary blades...at least we know what will be the new "third sword), Nami avoiding Absolom...and Sanji about to kick his butt! Dang I can't wait for a translation!
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich View Post
    Ok chapter I guess even if I'm not too thrilled at the prospect of next weeks being mainly about Zoro and Sanji fights, but what can you do, they're the main fighters afterall.
    Yeah, I guess that's the most disappointing part of it. It's clear to anyone that reads my posts that I'm not a fan of Sanji and Zoro most of the time is just kind of meh. And the abundance of Sanji saving Nami speculative scenarios will be about as fun as Sanji being Nami's love shield discussions during Enies Lobby which kind of makes me want to avoid the next few chapter's discussions. But yeah. Needs more Moria. Go team!
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    Thanks B-F.

*Goes back to failing English Final*
    I hope we get an Odz's Flashback, showing that he was nothing but an missunderstood monster or something like that, right before Moria kills him off or whatever he does to disobedient shadows. I mean, if Moria notices Luffy's actually too strong (Gears, anyone?), then he may think twice before keeping Odz around....

Who knows, I just know It will be sad when Odz returns Luffy's shadows. :(
    3DS FC: 2809-8939-5066

What, third page? No cock-punching? Can I at least get a kick-in-the-face?

Thanks be to God I mean Battle Franky. (What's the difference, eh?)
    President of A.I.D.S.

It's a pretty good chapter overall... My favorite part is when Oz was gattling gun all of those zombies...

We still don't know the true power of Moria yet, and if it turns out he is super strong, we might see a luffy and Oz combination. MAYBE Oz will come and fight together with Luffy to defeat Moria. I'm just saying it's a possibilty... because since oz have luffy's personality... they might get along pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimei-Karasuhebi View Post
    I hope we get an Odz's Flashback, showing that he was nothing but an missunderstood monster or something like that, right before Moria kills him off or whatever he does to disobedient shadows. I mean, if Moria notices Luffy's actually too strong (Gears, anyone?), then he may think twice before keeping Odz around....

Who knows, I just know It will be sad when Odz returns Luffy's shadows. :(
    That's great and all, but what'd that have to do with me thanking B-F or failing an online exam because I was browsing the boards?
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information