+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

My lure-out strategy. GumGumBattleAxe's Avatar

Exclamation Politics

What can I say? I love politics. A lot of people despise it, but I enjoy it. I also love to hear opinions that people have about our government and about the President and things of that nature. If you have thoughts about the world that you'd like to express, feel free to exercise your freedom of speech here.

Default Re: Politics

well my opinon on politics is this...everyone has got one. Though i'm not sure what i would say...i would say that i question everything that every government does but i'm more concerned about iran and iraq right now. There is that issue with homeland security how much is enough? The illeagl immigration issue as well. i do not know what is happening to our country and i fear it's downfall wil soon be eminent. I don't like debating, or causing arguments for no apparent reason but we do have the right to express our opinions, which is what makes our country so great, we have freedom of religion, freedom of speech. I just think that we are all taking it for granted really.

My tip of advice for everyone who is in this forum pay attention to Isreal...a lot of stuff has been happening down there. -_- i've heard from sources that an attack from iran and syria could be upon them within the month or the week. I think that the iranian president is nuts because he wants to wipe out that country for good!

oh yes our senators and people in congress suck ass...did i mention that. personally i'm all for the war intervention in iraq and stuff but enough is enough.... where do we draw the line in foreign polticis reallly? and yes if anyone is wondering i'm bored so bite me
    Last edited by Goldeneye; July 29th, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
    Life is nothing more than game that you can only play once.

no problem. i feel the same way on most of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye
    i've heard from sources that an attack from iran and syria could be upon them within the month or the week
    Sigged.

-----------

and if this thing on israel happens, what do you think will transpire, goldeneye? after all, we all know the end of the world is near.

Quote Originally Posted by GumGumBattleAxe View Post
    after all, we all know the end of the world is near.
    Guys please stop.

If the state controlled most industry, it would be less corrupted by outside influences. The only people with sufficient wealth to manipulate candidates or distort an election would be the elected leaders already.

hmmm.........yeah

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Umm... Idc much about politics, except...
    GEORGE BUSH BETTER GET FUCKING IMPEACHED SOON, HE'S RUINING THE WORLD.
    Nuff Said.

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    Umm... Idc much about politics, except...
    GEORGE BUSH BETTER GET FUCKING IMPEACHED SOON, HE'S RUINING THE WORLD.
    Nuff Said.
    Please, something more intelligent. You can wait till next year right? Be patient.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I kept it quick and simple. And I can wait until next year? What the fuck are you talking about? In a year I'm definitely sure he can ruin the world a whole lot more. Does it not even come up as a problem to you how much of a bad president he is?

I can't stand racism, any form whatsoever.

I dislike sexism, but sometimes find jokes funny. (Why can't Helen Keller drive? Because she is a woman.)

I like Obama, meh about Clinton, and meh about McCain(sp?).

I'm all for government regulation and quotas, pro affirmative action for the next generation. I do see the flaw in affirmative action and would support a change to the system that benefits the bottom 10% incomes in the nation. However, as it is now, I would prefer affirmative action over nothing.

I do not understand gay people, and I will be biased against them if we meet. However, I support their decision to be gay and back their want to get married. Get out of here with this civil union bullshit.

I will always try my best to stop an abortion between people I know. Always. If I am involved, I will plead for the woman to suffer 9 months and then allow for me to have custody over the child. However, I believe that people should be allowed to have an abortion if they feel that that is the only option for them. I do not know what kind of a situation the person has been put through. I also believe that it is completely hypocritical for someone to be partly pro-life. People like that believe that abortions are bad unless in a case of rape, incest, or other "bad" scenarios. Their main argument generally is that it's a life, and should be given a chance to live, unless of course the baby was an accident or the result of a crime. Bullshit, playing "God" and selection who lives and who dies. I have respect for people who are completely pro-life though. It's generally because of how they were raised and what their religion teaches them. I have no quarrels with that, I just ask that those people realize not everyone is religious.

I am strictly against the death penalty, as I believe in remorse. An eye for an eye solves nothing, the murderer on death row still killed someone. Killing him will not bring back your loved ones, and will only fuel the chain of hate. Please stop the killings.

/endrant

And I can wait until next year? What the fuck are you talking about?
    Ever heard of the 2008 election?

Obama has Oprah supporting him, Hillary Clinton always looks angry, and Giuliani has had lots of wives.

For those very relevant reasons, Fred Thompson should be the next president.

I kept it quick and simple. And I can wait until next year? What the fuck are you talking about? In a year I'm definitely sure he can ruin the world a whole lot more. Does it not even come up as a problem to you how much of a bad president he is?
    I think he's asking for you to back yourself a little more. WHY do you think he's a shitty president? Because everyone else says so?

Sure, Bush pretty much has done little to have us "love" him, but I haven't seen him do anything that threatens the end of the world. We've avoided some hot spots that COULD generate a massive war.

Our economy has also picked up over the past several years, with Dow Jones even seeing the largest numbers in history. Gas prices are high, so what? That's to be expected with the expanding market and state of war.

The PATRIOTACT however, that is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Anbu View Post
    I think he's asking for you to back yourself a little more. WHY do you think he's a shitty president? Because everyone else says so?
    Thank you. It's highly depressing how many people detest Bush for reasons like CUZ FAMILY GUY SAID SO.

The PATRIOTACT however, that is bullshit.
    Agreed entirely. It's also highly depressing how Canada has implemented a similar act in the Terrorist Act.

dang, looks like we have some spirited people here! I'm proud.

I'll reserve my thoughts for later. Continue.

My professor said I should go into politics because a fellow classmate said "more people should have minds like yours"

I felt dissed, fuck politicians; they're the worst kind of sellout scum. And screw this system that allows for them to take bribes for their campaigns so that factories can continue dumping waste into the rivers and we can continue pumping unnecessary hormones into cows.

The dump has to go somewhere, and why not the rivers? I mean, we don't even need fresh water. We get what, 3 days with out it? Sounds like a plan to me. Waste + Water -> Money + World Peace. My math > yours.

My sig gives some hint of my way of thinking when it comes to politics.

I find it funny how these days hating Bush is "the cool thing to do", even without proper arguments. By no means am I a fan of Bush, but I also don't feel like I have the right to go "omg lol Bush Plz Die J00 ruin teh world!!1". I don't live in the US, so I don't have enough first hand knowledge of how he has been running the country.. war in Iraq? Oh well, shit happens, but still not enough to make me join the raging masses of fellow Europeans who want to hate the most powerful man in the world out loud, just to feel better about themselves / their own country.

Its cool to have opinions about politics, but please have at least some proper knowledge to back them up. (Not pointing at anyone here, just talking about mankind in general).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information