Closed Thread
Page 4 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Default Re: Do you think Gol D. Roger ate a devil fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by HEATXZ View Post
    Roger has to have a Devil Fruit he was a very powerful pirate
    Great, the having DF makes you powerful thingy. hmmmmm, I'm still waiting for a DF user that will be totally useless and weak.

On the other hand, there's a good thing: Not having DF doesn't mean you can't be one of the most badass and strongest people on the GL. Thats why I hope that Roger didn't have a DF.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Asphyxiation isn't only part of hanging. The main point is to make the neck snap, which isn't gonna happen to Luffy. They release the trap door and he would plop to the ground.
    Yes, this is exactly why i commented on his breathing only. For hanging, the executioners actually measure the length of rope needed to break the neck from the fall. In the event that the person's neck didn't break, the rope's knot is designed in such a manner as to cut off circulation i.e. asphyxiation.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Get Rich Or Claim Welfare! BlackGalleon1's Avatar

Roger has to have a Devil Fruit he was a very powerful pirate
    You dont have to eat a devils fruit to be strong. Whitebeard appears to not have a fruit and he was roughly the equal in power to Roger.

I'm still waiting for a DF user that will be totally useless and weak.
    Apis (anime).
    Rather live a coward than die a man.

I find it hard to believe to choke a person who is made out of rubber. The hanging wouldnt be enough to cut off his breathing.
    yeah im here

<- Hasn't watched much anime.

<- Has watched even less filler.

Apis (anime).
    Apis had a DF?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGalleon1 View Post

Apis (anime).
    Right, that was filler though and she could probably make a few birds pick your eyes out if you pissed her off.

Err, I believe blocking a rubberman's breathing means would kill him, I don't see how being a rubberman would immune that. It just makes it easier to choke [is that the word?] him.

I'd be really suprised if he didn't eat a DF. I mean, the world is full of monsters there. You'd need one hella power to beat those. Even BB waited so long for a DF when he had insane skills. I'd hope it's a Paramecia, because Zoans are uncool and I can't think of a creative Logia now. If it's an opposite to WB's [supposing he has one] DF, it would rock.

I don't think I could take it if the strongest man of the world is a DF user. We had enough DF powers already, Its been okay till now, but once every strong person on the GL is having a DF ability it won't be anything special anymore. Its time for some new strong non-DF people.

If the DF spruoting out of dead body thing is ture, I can see Roger being a rubber man. Other than that, I hope not.

I hope that Roger didnt have a fruit.. I think of the Pirate king as a person who was strong enough on his own to do it, not needing the help of a DF

Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282 View Post
    I find it hard to believe to choke a person who is made out of rubber. The hanging wouldnt be enough to cut off his breathing.
    Proof of Luffy being choked. Lucci shigans Luffy in the throat, he's coughing afterwards as if he couldn't breathe.
    http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=2765

The Captain that turned into Balls when you hit him, useless DF

Did I mention how much I don't want Roger to have had a DF!!
    similarly, WB, Shanks and Mihawk. I would add Dragon, but i'd actually be content if he wasn't a super powerhouse like these guys.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Maybe Roger actually did eat the Gomu Gomu no Mi.

Look at it this way. Oda's greatest idol is Toriyama, the guy who created Dragon Ball. Well, in Dragon Ball, after a wish is made, they get seperated around the world.

Well, perhaps when someone with a DF dies, the fruit gets sent to some random part of the world.

This would explain why Shanks went to the east blue in the first place. He heard word that a fruit had been found and went after it. There aren't many DF useres outside the Grand Line, so it wouldn't be that bad of a chance of the fruit actually being the Gomu Gomu no Mi.

But, when Shanks made it to the East Blue, he discovered that an enemy ship had gotten the fruit. So Shanks stole it back. That's why he said "We got that from an enemies ship!"

Anyway, yeah. Why Shanks would want to get Gol's old fruit? No idea.

Want to discuss the Nanatsu no Taizai manga and hang out with other fans? Click the image above and join us at The Boar Hat!

Discovered Stowaway Sanji The Cook's Avatar

Who knows. Why Shanks would do that, but we can only guess.

If Roger ate a devil's fruit I would hope it was the gomu gomu fruit, and on death the fruit returns to its original state or something. If it was any other fruit i wouldent like it.

About luffy choking, I have to say this, if luffys kneck stretched long enough that his feet were securly on the ground, he wouldent be hanging, and unless he's as retarded as he acts, he could easily get out of a nuse. If your feet are on the ground you just loosen it, you need the weigth to keep it tight. The makes the question, would his kneck stretch down that far, enough that he got a secure stance. When the nuse is first put on you before you hanging they pull it back to tighten it, you can just pull it to the opposit way if theres no tension on the rope.
    Luffy: Hey, Zoro, it's okay! Your stomach is gonna pop out if you do this!
    Zoro: If it wants to pop out, then let it. Don't tell me what to do. I'll do it my own way!

Okay, this has become a total flame off.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer psolaras's Avatar

i would like to clear some things about shanks (attention!)

buggy fooled shanks by not eating the DF at first and BB saw his fruit in a book shank's knowing about the gomu gomu no fruit can be explained more logically this way

and brothers,peace!

You can't see Shanks amongst the crowd of people watching Buggy it the DF. I just want to say that. For all we know therefore he might not have watched Buggy eat the fake one (he could have been down below the the deck cleaning cannonballs for all we know ).

A crazy theory:

Roger ate the Yami Yami no Mi (Blackbeard's current fruit). Whitebeard ate the Ten Ten no Mi (Heaven Haven Fruit, or the light equivalent). When their powers combined, it ripped a hole in time-space and Roger got sucked in, warping him to Raftel.

Okay, [/crap]

Personally, I think Roger made it on his own power. I always picture him fighting with a spear, and no devil fruit powers. Just pure ambition and determination.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer psolaras's Avatar

well a DF doesn't cancel roger's strenght,luffy has one and yet he will become the pirate king and we don't consider luffy as a cheater

Frokat

I want to believe that Roger got through all this with "Pure inner strength and determination." I guess it sort of makes sense for a human to reach that power (i.e. Zoro/sanji/whitebeard/shanks if the latter 2 don't have df's (don't know for sure)).

Theory: Maybe back when Roger was "King of the Pirates" it was the old age of piracy and devil fruits were very scarce as opposed to the "new age" where pirates now have special powers and such. IMHO ofcourse.

And if he did have a "DF" I hope it was something not crazy (I.e. IMBAlogia, maybe he had the power to turn things to GOLD OMG MIDAS TOUCH GOLD ROGER - GOLD WOOOOW) Probably like a Paramecium where he actually has to work hard (well hard than the others) to be good/effecient with it.

Orr, he could have had the nullification fruit (But for some reason I keep thinking The Commander of the Marines has this)

Closed Thread

Thread Information