Closed Thread
Page 498 of 508 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 10146

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

The Old Lapras and the Sea Kubihige's Avatar

Default Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does Fan Fall really not have wings? I always thought they were just tucked in.

I don't remeber seeing them ... but then I really can't remember what Gan Fall looked like in the flashback. There was one where he offered pumpkin juice to the delegation from the Shandian village in the last peace talks. Wiper saw the offer as in insult as the Shandians hold pumpkin juice sacred (due to Norland introducing it to his ancestors). I don't think Gan Fall was wearing armor in that flashback but I don't remember wings but I could be wrong

Edit- I remembered that Gan Fall appeared with the Shandian chieftan on the cover during the mini-arc "From the Decks of the World". It clearly shows him without wings=

So even if I can come up with an excuse why Enel has no wings, I create another question of why Gan Fall doesn't
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 25th, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

I just noticed, they seem to have fixed the Giant bell. Cause didn't 1 of the pillars break when Luffy hit it?
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

Quote Originally Posted by YouDNewb View Post
    I just noticed, they seem to have fixed the Giant bell. Cause didn't 1 of the pillars break when Luffy hit it?
    Nah, the bell has 4 pillars, two of them supporting o fthem and the other two placed at the sides.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c298/13.html
    When they recover the bell, the supporting part was intact
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...32/c301/9.html

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    Nah, the bell has 4 pillars, two of them supporting o fthem and the other two placed at the sides.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...1/c298/13.html
    When they recover the bell, the supporting part was intact
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...32/c301/9.html
    Ahh he destroyed the random pillar. And why when i finished each chapter it lead to some random online game site lol.
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

Lol, I had the same problem, tthe last click should link to the next chapter not to other sites.

if you use your "right" button on your keyboard it won't go to the game page.
    Veni, Vedi, Vici.

Question Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Hey can someone explain me this? how are these sea kings the same? did this type of sea king appear before?

-One piece opening 1:

http://tinypic.com/r/98slqg/6

-One piece Chapter 647:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u5almw&s=6

Quote Originally Posted by Erokokku View Post
    Hey can someone explain me this? how are these sea kings the same? did this type of sea king appear before?

-One piece opening 1:

http://tinypic.com/r/98slqg/6

-One piece Chapter 647:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u5almw&s=6
    I can't answer your question but they were also seen before when the crew first went into the calm belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."

Quote Originally Posted by AlucarDraculA View Post
    I can't answer your question but they were also seen before when the crew first went into the calm belt.
    Ok thanks, Alucar, I knew i saw them in another place.

Why are some characters so tall? Garp, Sengoku, the three admirals, Crocodile, Doflamingo, etc are 8 ft+ ? I would guess to make them more important or menacing? But, I'm guessing someone like Roger was pretty average, because he and Rouge got together. I don't think height's ever been addressed by Oda, although I'm not sure. I understand One Piece is a manga, but I'm still curious...

Cause it all comes down to who has the bigger schlong.
    Veni, Vedi, Vici.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazgoon View Post
    Cause it all comes down to who has the bigger schlong.
    Hierarchy of One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Эмма View Post
    Why are some characters so tall? Garp, Sengoku, the three admirals, Crocodile, Doflamingo, etc are 8 ft+ ? I would guess to make them more important or menacing? But, I'm guessing someone like Roger was pretty average, because he and Rouge got together. I don't think height's ever been addressed by Oda, although I'm not sure. I understand One Piece is a manga, but I'm still curious...
    The closest Oda has gone to ever explain the outrageous heights of the people in the One Piece world was through Chopper, in this very arc actually. All he said was that big people are simply big.

Though there are artificial giants, I don't think they have anything to with the various sizes of people. As for the size of Roger i'm guessing he was roughly the same height as Silvers. I forget if it's very clear during their battle with Shiki, but he and the crew are all standing together.

Still mate size apparently doesn't matter, just look at Otohime and Neptune. Not to mention Big Pan/Bun was the off spring of a giant and a fishman. Of course his fish parent could have just been as big as Neptune but not quite as big as a giant which led to his medium size.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Add to the odd size is that some were "normal" (by real world standards) sized but continued to grow to tower over others.
    In Whitebeard's mini flashback to his youth when the crew he was with asked what treasure he was interest in (a family), he wasn't too different in size to them. Some may think "well they were really tall too".

I don't think so, the Boa sisters are good examples. When they were really young(Hancock was 7 in Strongworld), Hancock, Sandersonia & Marigold were almost same height. When they escaped Marijois, Hancock was only slightly smaller than Marigold and about 2 heads shorter than Sandersonia. But now Marigold & Sandersonia are nearly same height but tower over Hancock.

as slaves (they were captured when Hancock was 12)

they escaped 4 years later (Hancock was 16)

as they now appear

IF we wanted to apply a real world reason why some people continued to grow beyond normal sizes, we could use one type of gianticism (there are multiple reasons, including tumor pressing on pituitary glands) ... the pituitary gland contiues to send out growth hormones even after age when it should have slowed down so the person continues to grow. Those with this type of gianticism stay in porportion and don't develop some of the malformations shown in other types of gianticism, ...wich i could go into more but forgotten it

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Add to the odd size is that some were "normal" (by real world standards) sized but continued to grow to tower over others.
    In Whitebeard's mini flashback to his youth when the crew he was with asked what treasure he was interest in (a family), he wasn't too different in size to them. Some may think "well they were really tall too".

I don't think so, the Boa sisters are good examples. When they were really young(Hancock was 7 in Strongworld), Hancock, Sandersonia & Marigold were almost same height. When they escaped Marijois, Hancock was only slightly smaller than Marigold and about 2 heads shorter than Sandersonia. But now Marigold & Sandersonia are nearly same height but tower over Hancock.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rgonSlaves.jpg as slaves (they were captured when Hancock was 12)

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Boa_Escape.PNG they escaped 4 years later (Hancock was 16)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._sis_color.jpg as they now appear

IF we wanted to apply a real world reason why some people continued to grow beyond normal sizes, we could use one type of gianticism (there are multiple reasons, including tumor pressing on pituitary glands) ... the pituitary gland contiues to send out growth hormones even after age when it should have slowed down so the person continues to grow. Those with this type of gianticism stay in porportion and don't develop some of the malformations shown in other types of gianticism, ...wich i could go into more but forgotten it

Sandersonia is using partial transformation all of the time when she gets older, she doesn't have the snake tongue when she is small nor does she have it when they are teens presumably when she got the fruit because partial transformation needs to be trained. That was random but I just wanted to point that out.

The more I think about the height issue, the more I think that the answer is: 'because Oda said so.'

Also, Marigold went through some kind of training that sumo wrestlers do.

Some people just have large bodies in One Piece. Just like how some people have horns or look like apes. It's just how Oda rolls.
    May you live in interesting times.
    May you attract the attention of those above you.
    ~Two ancient Chinese curses.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Also, Marigold went through some kind of training that sumo wrestlers do.
    It's called eating.

Closed Thread

Thread Information