Closed Thread
Page 187 of 240 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4800

Thread: The All-New FUNimation Dub Discussion thread!

Default Re: The All-New FUNimation Dub Discussion thread!

So what's gonna happen with the times when Luffy is shot but his rubber body repels them? Are they just not gonna show the bullets hit him, but cut to his flesh all stretched out and then cut again right before they fly from his body....and again so it doesn't show the bullets coming right back at whoever fired?

so wait I think I got it
    it's okay to show green guns or water guns shooting bullets but real guns can't do it =D

..wtf >.>
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

wow Buu... Did NOT think to ask that... Sorry...
    And not Sure Quex, I think it was just the proximity to Sanji that warranted the cut. but again, TOTALLY Unsure as to why that part was cut, I just figured it was on CN's orders.

BTW. Mike Commented on the Nami telling them to be pacifists scene being cut. He said, basically, that he's been sending them the FULL episodes, with NOTHING removed besides the violence edits that CN requests. He even sends them Eyecatches on every Ep (BTW, Sanji's Eyecatch on 149 I think had his cig intact) and he said he was surprised they kept the Eyecatches that one time. so if we see ANY such edits, it's ALL CN, but it's not pointless. They mostly do it because they got a new ad to start showing, so they have to show it a lot, or something. Then I commented on Bobobo Running long, and he said that was probably why it was cut there then.

And, COMPLETELY Pointless to say, but funny nonetheless. as the Opening and ending played, he would sit there in the front row, watching the eps with us, and drumming on his thigh XD.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Thanks for the news, Demon Rin!

APPARENTLY, Everyone From AP who went to said Con got Drunk the Night before at a party, and slept through the OP panel
    Mike McFarland has Confirmed a Few things:
    Gee, wonder who that was

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

FUNimation is good but they are pissing me off with these stupid unnecessary flashes. And what's with blaming CN? I remember Prince of Tennis having blood. And I'm sure new shows will have their scenes intact. I'm very sure FUNimation could get away with some things if they wanted to. I'm beginning to have a hard time believing this 'double standard' stuff b'cos I don't think FUNi would actually stand for it. This might be a marketing strategy with the uncut DVD's. Like I said, FUNimation's dub is great, but when I think of future episodes, it is sort of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    FUNimation is good but they are pissing me off with these stupid unnecessary flashes. And what's with blaming CN?
    because the edits are made at CN's request and Funi doesn't edit stuff out for no reason.
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    FUNimation is good but they are pissing me off with these stupid unnecessary flashes. And what's with blaming CN? I remember Prince of Tennis having blood. And I'm sure new shows will have their scenes intact. I'm very sure FUNimation could get away with some things if they wanted to. I'm beginning to have a hard time believing this 'double standard' stuff b'cos I don't think FUNi would actually stand for it. This might be a marketing strategy with the uncut DVD's. Like I said, FUNimation's dub is great, but when I think of future episodes, it is sort of annoying.
    It's CN's fault, if it weren't for them we'd probably see blood on Luffy/Zoro's faces. Anyway their censorship for anime is retarded, Naruto characters can get hit/slammed/kneed/jabbed/stabbed and they don't have to go through a flash thing. On the other hand, limbs flying (puches,kicks) at people's body are flashed in Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    because the edits are made at CN's request and Funi doesn't edit stuff out for no reason.
    That is what I'm saying. Why can all other CN shows have their scenes intact, but only One Piece has to cut stuff out? Seems odd.

No complaints from me, most the edits so far have been barely noticeable.
    We should all write to CN if you're that concerned.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I have NO idea Cosmic, but I heard from a friend later, who said he talked to an AP member in the art Auction Gallery Room, who said EVERYONE who was there from AP (Except us apparently) went to some party and Got Drunk, and Slept through it, that's why none of them were there, making me the only one who posts here who saw it.

CN probobly let stuff go with other animes because we weren't orgasming over naruto at the time..... they are trying to kill the compitition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizoku Luffy View Post
    You really are just like Sanji, aren't you? XD Or maybe it's more along the lines of Sanji and The Flash fused together. =/

hey I was orgasming over Ace ;_;
    EDIT: OH NOT orgasming over Naruto I get it. I thought you meant we weren't orgasming over OP so they don't do as much with it...
    hey check your PMs

anyway:
    That is what I'm saying. Why can all other CN shows have their scenes intact, but only One Piece has to cut stuff out? Seems odd.
    because CN is full of it. They are the ones who make sure the name changes stay, they are the ones that say what OP can and can't show. Demon Rin said that at the panel Mike said all the edits were done by CN's request. CN is probably still worried about the 3 4Kids viewers who are afraid to see blood and such.

Trust me, it's Cartoon Network, if Funi could show this stuff they would
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I have NO idea Cosmic, but I heard from a friend later, who said he talked to an AP member in the art Auction Gallery Room, who said EVERYONE who was there from AP (Except us apparently) went to some party and Got Drunk, and Slept through it, that's why none of them were there, making me the only one who posts here who saw it.
    Ahh, Alcohol posion to the body...

On another note, I hope they let up on One Piece soon, because that's another gold mine they can use.

from what Mike Said, they're going to TRY, as they go on, to sneak things in more and more to make it more and more uncut over time. Hence the Cigarette I saw Cricket have every so often. here's just hoping CN Keeps that stuff when They Funi sneaks it in here and there.

Demon Rin - Ussop's Bag from my forum says thanks =D

EDIT:
    so did they try sneaking in punches and blood before and CN said no or something?
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Thank you much for the information Demon Rin! I'm really excited to hear the newly casted characters (and I'm glad we got some clarification on the names that's been put up on certain sites.

As I said before, I'm not all that bothered at the edits. I still very much enjoy the show as a true English representation of the original. Can't wait to hear their English We Are.

he didn't mention trying in the past, so not sure if he did or not. he just said the Cig was an example of them doing that, and that they'd be trying to sneak in more mostly-uncut stuff as the show goes on

If they don't stop with these flashes we could have another Pokemon event on out hands.

This only furthers my claims that most of the edits are on CN's part for time constraints and because their censorship standards are incredibly anal. They told us about the cigarette problems before the dub even debuted. They mentioned how much of a pain CN is with treating certain shows better than others.

It should have been obvious this weekend when DBZ gets FAR LESS commercial breaks than One Piece did. Same with Naruto. CN will treat certain shows like crap. Hell, they took Sailor Moon off Toonami yeeears ago (before Toei revoked all licensing rights to it) for HAMTARO.

Some of you folks need to remember FUNi's *only* franchise that they can never get right is Dragon Ball. Everything else they've done has been superb and gone up and beyond everyone's expectations.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Quote Originally Posted by Really Square View Post
    If they don't stop with these flashes we could have another Pokemon event on out hands.
    dude have you SEEN that episode? Look it up on youtube, I watched it for less than a second and my head hurt for 10 minutes ;__;
    actually don't look it up on youtube, I don't want to be responsible for your seizure.

well I hope CN lights up... it's really going to get annoying if One Piece is treated like crap forever
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Closed Thread

Thread Information