Page 1 of 108 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

yoruba

Default General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

General Yonkou thread...

Just putting somethings out for discussion
    Spoiler:

ch432 p7

It's interesting that Garp chose the word "influential" in describing their power. Look at Whitebeard and how he perceives his crew; the "wrath of Whitebeard" with anyone who wrongs anyone of his crew will receive the consequences. Which pirate wouldn't want that protective feel? And Shanks seems to express a similar vibe. It makes me wonder how the other Yonkou are to be like.

I wonder about other things concerning the last two yonkou as well (I do believe another will be revealed soon considering the Strawhat's status now), I wonder about Oda research. I am grateful for this forum because references such as Olivier Levasseur (ties with Gol D. Roger's final words), Davy Jones, Edward Teach, and other scattered name meanings have been presented thanks to the researchers here.

I look at "Red Hair" Shanks and see Eric the Red. Considering Oda's primary instigation for creating the One Piece world was from vikings, I can see how Shanks (possibly built from viking suggestions) is the most influential character to Luffy. Though I can't find a picture of the "Red Hair" ship, from the time I last saw it, it reminds me of the viking themed boats. And another thing to point out was how Eric the Red did touch down on the New World (the 2nd half of the Grandline in One Piece terms, the Americas in history), but if my memory serves me right, it was near the north-north-east coast of North America; Canada somewhere.

With Whitebeard, I feel that was mostly built along with Blackbeard. Most of the fandom knows that Oda split the historical pirate name (Edward Teach) to provide for the names Edward Newgate and for Marshal D. Teach. And throughout the story, roughly since their debuts, Blackbeard has been a particular challenge for Whitebeard (defeating 2 of his 4 officials).

It is Oda's story, so these character inspirations are subjective to him. Yet I wonder if popular seafaring icons such as Sinbad or Odysseus will be apart of it all.

I think he is well aware of Sinbad just from this one snippet of info from a Romance Dawn edition
    Spoiler:

Roc. Or rukh. A large bird with talons said to carry away elephants as prey. I can see how Oda reached the idea of it being confused for an ostrich, but it's not about that. The roc is a great bird in one of the 7 voyage stories of Sinbad. The Ryuuma incident pops up in my head when thinking of this.

Though Sinbad isn't historically precise as much as other pirate inspired characters, there is Aruj, later to known as Barbarossa (lit. Redbeard in Italian) and his brother as well.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aruj
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayreddin_Barbarossa
    That Barbarossa name should sound familiar not because of Pirates of the Caribbean, but of the Alabasta filler character:
    Spoiler:

ep91

I know Oda won't use a filler character. Reading on the Barbarossa brothers' biographies, I would like to see how Oda would play with this.

As for Odysseus, I didn't anything that can allude to him being in it. Both Sinbad and Odysseus were very cunning as some of the more higher-food-chain pirates in One Piece are. They could be any of the two pirates up there next to Shanks and Whitebeard. It could be Kaidou, one who beat Moria in the New World. It could be...
    Spoiler:

...one of them.

Discuss?

P.S. - Do you think we will see who trained Ace and Luffy considering Ace's defeat?
    Spoiler:

Most likely a Marine, no?
    Last edited by yoruba; November 4th, 2007 at 08:13 PM.

Default Re: Yonkou

Kizaru or "Yellow Monkey" as he's called, trained Monkey D. Luffy cuz they're both Monkeys!

Nah, probably not.

That Kaidou character is most likely one of the Yonkou. I think I can say that, even though it's not been confirmed. I mean, Moria is a pretty strong Shichibukai and the only ones that I could think of to be stronger then a Shichibukai, except maybe Luffy, is a Yonkou. He's hanging around in the New World too.

Maybe not completely on-topic

About the whole sinbad thing.. I think Oda was inspired by that alot..
    The whole traveling the seas , gaining new crewmembers with there own unique ability's etc. Maybe the "baron of munchausen" to, OP shares some similarity's with that as well. And Munchausen is quite a well know europian myth tale.

@ P.S.:

that could be Dadan

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara No Hermy View Post
    Kizaru or "Yellow Monkey" as he's called, trained Monkey D. Luffy cuz they're both Monkeys!

Nah, probably not.

That Kaidou character is most likely one of the Yonkou. I think I can say that, even though it's not been confirmed. I mean, Moria is a pretty strong Shichibukai and the only ones that I could think of to be stronger then a Shichibukai, except maybe Luffy, is a Yonkou. He's hanging around in the New World too.
    I agree, we know that the Yonkou are looking for One Piece in the New World & that it could not be one of the Admirals, due to the fact that we know there names.

Yian,across the seven oceans and the river which is longer than from the earth to the moon

AND weve seen the images of 2 plus silhoutes of the yonkou,so we know they dont match.

but on a sidenote-ever wonder how much more we know then the main characters?

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobolover View Post
    AND weve seen the images of 2 plus silhoutes of the yonkou,so we know they dont match.

What were you saying there? That admirals cant be one of the yonkou?
    Or that Kaidou cant be an admiral or yonkou? Cant make heads or tails out of this since we never saw Kaidous siluette.

What do you mean by "wonder what we know more then the SHs"? Anything that happens when they aren't along is something we know that they don't. Like Luffys bounty after Alabasta during Jaya. Buggy landing on that island (where he was looking for Sluggish capt Johns treasure). Shanks and Whitebeard meeting. Ace getting his ass pummled. etc.

They still know alot of things we don't though. (well robin knows atleast)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Huh? I don't understand what your getting at?

is anyone else ever amazed at how little the SH's know about their world? you'd think the identities of the shichibukai would be common knowledge in the four blues, but so far they never knew about jinbei, crocodile or moria (apart from robin, but she was WITH one of the shichibukai), nor do they ever seem to want to research anything. They could probably find out about all the shichibukai and their powers if they bothered.

At gorlom: he meant that the pirates in the last picture he showed us cant be any of the yonkou, since the silhoutes dont match, kaidou coud very well still be one of them. personally I think its the ridiculous face looking silhoutte. It would just fit that moria and him would be enemies, the most ridiculous faces the one piece world can offer (apart from maybe wanze, and no lola is not ridiculous, she is her own class of weird)

Additionally, I dont think the otherr yonkou are like shanks or whitebeard with how they treat their crew, I think they will be more like Buggy's and Alvida's style of leadership. dont care much, but then agai, the whole crew is "evil"

lobo should either quote someone or learn to be more coherent in his posts. (cant find anything in the original post that those pirates were supposed to be yonkou.. as far as i can tell he was discussing Sinbad and Odysseus possibly beeing either the yonkou, kaidou or those pirates in the picture?)

Vash: Its not that surprising the strawhats know nothing about what happens on the GL. Back in the eastblue saga the GL was refered to as the pirate graveyard. Noone returns once they enter and all that mumbojumbo that makes it seem more mystical and magical.
    Zeff is the only person they know to have returned from the GL unharmed. (Kreig returned but he was hardly unarmed =P)

Robin on the other hand has already traveled in the GL for some time (atleast 2 years) so she has atleast some bit of knowledge about what is going on. Franky might know some things as well, depending on how focused he was on becomeing a stationary shipwright at W7.
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Yian,across the seven oceans and the river which is longer than from the earth to the moon

I reacted to "that it could not be one of the Admirals, due to the fact that we know there names".

I reacted to "that it could not be one of the Admirals, due to the fact that we know there names".
    He can't be one of the 3 Admirals due to that, & the fact that the Admirals cant attack the Seven Armed Sea.

So you reacted to that sentance with the following?
    Lobo I still have no idea what you are trying to say. Which siluettes don't match?

(btw: what is the real name of the Yellow monkey Admiral? I only know that Aokijis real name is Kuzan and that Akinu is really Sakazuki.)
    Last edited by Gorlom; November 1st, 2007 at 03:54 PM.

The silhouetes of the admirals with those of the yonkou.

Ok, I think you somehow read Jinbeis post wrong. Because I don't think anyone is contemplateing the possibility that a marine admiral can be one of the yonkou at the same time.

It just wouldn't make sense at all haveing one individual be part of 2 completly oposite sides. And as an admiral and emperor he would be too well known to pull off any double play.

Jinbei was talking about the possibility of Jinbei beeing either a Admiral or Yonkou. Not beeing both at the same time.

I know and I dont think its likely,but ever think of,I dunno,how Mr. 2 could pose as 2 completely different people from oposite sides?It would be a briliant plan,as a marine he could just get asigned to capture himself and hed thusly never get caught.

-.- -.- -_- -__-

So... you just completly crushed your own argument about their siluettes not matching up?

facepalm.jpg

Hidden:

Jimbei the fishman is really Akinu! He just assumed 2... er 3 names to be able to play both sides!

and Kizaru is really Dragon.

*sigh*

What people don't understand is that there isn't just 4 pirate groups in the new world...the new world probably has MANY of POWERFUL pirate groups in the new world since its the whole second half of the grandline..so Kaidou might possibly be just a very strong pirate in the new world...but hey who knows...I'm just saying theres more then 4 pirate crews on the second half of the grandline and not every pirate that's gonna be mentioned on the second half is automaticly a Yonkou..

No,I never meant it seriously.Mr. 2 could "technicaly" do it,but hes neither as strong as hed need be,plus,originals stil have to exist for him to "copy" for all we know.

Doubt-ダウト- Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast's Avatar

No,I never meant it seriously.Mr. 2 could "technicaly" do it,but hes neither as strong as hed need be,plus,originals stil have to exist for him to "copy" for all we know.
    What is he Kuroro? Due to the style of the organization he was part of, a bunch of those random faces he showed The Straw Hat Crew were probably people assassinated by him.
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information