+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120
Results 2,381 to 2,388 of 2388

Thread: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

  1. #2381

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I too am fond of this theory, since then BB will have one of each type of DF, Logia, Paramecia and Zoan, to complete the trinity; the theme of 3 seemed to be a recurring theme with him. But my thought was that he already had a mythical Zoan DF even before he got his hands on the Yami Yami no Mi: The Inu Inu no Mi, Model Cerberus. A three-headed dog, where each mouth could consume a DF and not technically be cheating the 'only one DF at a time' rule, and we just hadn't seen him assume the form yet (and it would have accounted for the three slashes on Shanks' face, since he'd have claws). But then there was that one panel that showed him wearing a Wolverine-like claw gauntlet that would do the same job so that kind of went out the window. I just thought the guard dog of the land of death (or the devil's pet, if you will) would be a fitting Zoan for the ultimate nemesis of the series. Maybe there's still time. But I'm not counting on it.
    I personally think that BB already took Marco's DF in the Payback War and that Doc Q or Stronger is now the weilder of the Phoenix Fruit.
    =D

  2. #2382
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    I personally think that BB already took Marco's DF in the Payback War and that Doc Q or Stronger is now the weilder of the Phoenix Fruit.
    =D
    Mmm...while I'll agree that his DF would be a highly desirable prize and would probably be a nice feather in the BB crew's hat, I don't think Doc Q of all people would be the one to obtain it. His whole Grim Reaper theme doesn't fit with rebirth or fire, really. Plus his horse makes him one of the four horsemen, i.e. Death, so that is really in opposition to a resurrection-themed bird. Unless Stronger becomes the opposite of Pierre (a horse that ate a bird fruit rather than a bird who ate the horse fruit). Then Doc Q and Stronger can be the "Life and Death Duo".

    Plus Marco would have to have died in the retribution attack and that's really not Oda's style as we all know. Nameless fodders can die without being mentioned but not big names like that, even off-camera. Like how we get no confirmation of Monet or Vergo snuffing it despite all indications. And even the nameless fodder Marines got saved from a Shinokuni gas death (although I'm uncertain about the guy Monet bit in half).
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; February 12th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.

  3. #2383
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    I personally think that BB already took Marco's DF in the Payback War and that Doc Q or Stronger is now the weilder of the Phoenix Fruit.
    =D
    No. You have to die to have your fruit taken. It happened to newgate and was implied to be the case around the new world. It's also however know devil fruits work.

  4. #2384

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    No. You have to die to have your fruit taken. It happened to newgate and was implied to be the case around the new world. It's also however know devil fruits work.
    Cool but what if that's not the case. U have to die for your fruit to respawn, yes but maybe not if it's stolen.

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Mmm...while I'll agree that his DF would be a highly desirable prize and would probably be a nice feather in the BB crew's hat, I don't think Doc Q of all people would be the one to obtain it. His whole Grim Reaper theme doesn't fit with rebirth or fire, really. Plus his horse makes him one of the four horsemen, i.e. Death, so that is really in opposition to a resurrection-themed bird. Unless Stronger becomes the opposite of Pierre (a horse that ate a bird fruit rather than a bird who ate the horse fruit). Then Doc Q and Stronger can be the "Life and Death Duo".

    Plus Marco would have to have died in the retribution attack and that's really not Oda's style as we all know. Nameless fodders can die without being mentioned but not big names like that, even off-camera. Like how we get no confirmation of Monet or Vergo snuffing it despite all indications. And even the nameless fodder Marines got saved from a Shinokuni gas death (although I'm uncertain about the guy Monet bit in half).
    Well I'm also kinda thinking that way but i think u are a bit off. Teach's first 4 crew members are his Horsemen of the Apocalypse but Doc Q isn't Death, Van Auger is Death, Doc Q is Pestilence. The Phoenix doesn't do much for his motif tho, which is why i think Stronger might have it to be a reverse of Pierre in Skypiea.
    =D

  5. #2385

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby
    Buggy is terrible, but that just proves the point that Mihawk being in that group doesn't prove he is *strong* either. Luffy has beaten nearly every one of them, most of them BEFORE the timeskip, why can't Zoro be better than just one of them after two years of training? Just because of his title? Hancock is the strongest Amazon, Jinbe strongest fishman, doesn't stop them from being outclassed.
    Eh, I don't agree with this at all. Luffy only beat 3 warlords in the entire series and the only one he bested in strength was croc, who was by far the weakest of the bunch at the time. Without plot & tons of allies he wouldn't have beaten them at all. Being the strongest "amazon" or being the strongest "fishman" limits them to those particular groups, while the title of "swordsman" encompasses many groups. Most fighters in the OP world are swordsmen. Shanks & Big Mom, 2 Yonko, are both swordsmen and both of them are weaker than him in that aspect. Both use swords as a primary means of fighting. You are severely underestimating him. You say Shanks is stronger than him but there's no evidence of that at all. The Shogun of wano will be a good indicator of Mihawk's strength if he is indeed the strongest warrior of a country full of swordsmen even the Marines are afraid of.

    Also, Zoro is clearly not even close to Mihawk. It takes Zoro's special attacks to cut mountains in half (that he has to do up close) but Mihawk performed an even greater feat with a casual slash from a great distance.
    Last edited by YoungWhite; February 15th, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

  6. #2386

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I too am fond of this theory, since then BB will have one of each type of DF, Logia, Paramecia and Zoan, to complete the trinity; the theme of 3 seemed to be a recurring theme with him. But my thought was that he already had a mythical Zoan DF even before he got his hands on the Yami Yami no Mi: The Inu Inu no Mi, Model Cerberus. A three-headed dog, where each mouth could consume a DF and not technically be cheating the 'only one DF at a time' rule, and we just hadn't seen him assume the form yet (and it would have accounted for the three slashes on Shanks' face, since he'd have claws). But then there was that one panel that showed him wearing a Wolverine-like claw gauntlet that would do the same job so that kind of went out the window. I just thought the guard dog of the land of death (or the devil's pet, if you will) would be a fitting Zoan for the ultimate nemesis of the series. Maybe there's still time. But I'm not counting on it.
    Except for the fact, that it seems to be well known among the WB pirates, that there is something inherently different about BB's body, and that could possibly be the reason why he was able to have more than 1 power...
    So it has nothing to do with DF.

  7. #2387

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    So I just want to share my prediction on how the Whole Cake Island and Wano arc will end.
    Not sure where to put it, but the Yonkou thread seems good for it, seeing at also give a prediction about the Yonkou structure.

    So with the Whole Cake Island arc coming to it's end do people still think it's possible Big Mom becomes an ally to the strawhats?
    Many people thought this was possible when the arc started, but it's looking more and more that it isn't happenening.
    However I still think it's possible. Big Mom is loosing weigth very fast and I predict she will not make it to the cake in time and collapse before reaching it.
    Someway the Strawhats will find the unconsience Big Mom and Chopper and Sanji want to give her the cake, or else she will die.
    They feed her the cake and she recovers, but she's still weak and unable to move. She also remembers all the things she did all the times she was in a food rage.
    Chopper sees she has symptoms for addiction. Big Mom cries in help for Chopper to cure her and he starts with a treatment.
    The Strawhats will leave Big Mom with her crew and Chopper tells them how to treat the addiction, they then leave on good terms.

    Later in the final stage of the Wano arc a rejuvinated (skinnier) Big Mom shows up to help against Kaidou.
    A 1 on 1 battle between Big Mom and Kaidou would be awesome and would end in Kaidou winning after using his devil fruit. (hyping him up even more)
    If Gecko Moria is present in the Wano arc (very likely) he can then give Big Mom's shadow (and other top fighters like Katakuri, Marco, Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Zoro, Law) to Luffy.
    Final battle super nightmare Luffy vs Kaidou. Luffy kills Kaidou (yes kills, Kaidou will beg him to kill him at the end).
    Luffy will thank Moria for his help with the shadows, but Moria will say the shadows only release the full potential from the body they are inheriting.
    So Luffy can really become so strong, everyone is shocked that Luffy has the potential to become such a monster.
    The Big Mom pirates, Whitebeard remains and Minks wil join Strawhat alliance (the Yonkou structure will collapse).
    Last edited by Dark-Abel; February 14th, 2018 at 05:28 AM.

  8. #2388
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by GolD.Ace22 View Post
    Cool but what if that's not the case. U have to die for your fruit to respawn, yes but maybe not if it's stolen.



    Well I'm also kinda thinking that way but i think u are a bit off. Teach's first 4 crew members are his Horsemen of the Apocalypse but Doc Q isn't Death, Van Auger is Death, Doc Q is Pestilence. The Phoenix doesn't do much for his motif tho, which is why i think Stronger might have it to be a reverse of Pierre in Skypiea.
    =D
    I didn't think of any of the other BB guys as the Horsemen but given the fact that he has a horse (the whole 'rode in on a pale horse and his name was death' thing) and uses a scythe, the signature weapon of the grim reaper, Doc Q does seem to be that more than anything. Obviously Lafitte would be the Archangel archetype but that's also death, so I wouldn't consider them a quartet of the four horsemen, at least not directly, maybe just that they all represent death in some fashion which is fitting for that particular crew. Just Doc Q seems like a real grim reaper themed dude. Plus pestilence would involve bugs and I don't get that from him, maybe plague, but he himself is the sick one (and his horse) rather than inflicting it on others. Would have made more sense to have him doing something involving germs back in Jaya rather than giving out exploding apples. Obviously Burgess would be the archetype for War but then I have no idea what Van Augur would be (unless you count bullets as bugs, then he could be pestilence; actually, since Usopp is a big fan of bugs and spent a lot of time with them on the Boin archipelago, that makes even more sense for him to be Pestilence since they're going to be opponents, especially since pestilence is usually depicted as bugs devouring crops, and Usopp uses Pop Greens). And then you could make the case for Lafitte being the Angel of Death with his wings, and Doc Q being Plague with his sickly appearance. But there's too much else to account for to make it overly clear who would be what.

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Except for the fact, that it seems to be well known among the WB pirates, that there is something inherently different about BB's body, and that could possibly be the reason why he was able to have more than 1 power...
    So it has nothing to do with DF.
    I was never totally clear on what that 'weird body' thing was all about but if he's able to eat "more than 1" as opposed to just having 2, then that still leaves room for a Zoan, hopefully a mythical one befitting his level of power and nature. Who knows, maybe he'll be a King Ghidora type of 3-headed dragon. But the explanation of how he can break the rule better be good, I don't want to settle for a lame cop-out. And I still want to know if he just had a fruit on him that turned into the Gura Gura no Mi when Whitebeard died, or if his Yami Yami no Mi enabled him to somehow absorb the power without having to directly consume the DF, bypassing the rule.
    Last edited by BattleFranky69; February 14th, 2018 at 03:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts