+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

Default Re: Official Yonkou Discussion Thread

yea I find it funny too how the only expected people are remaining shichibukai and yonkous. Any new name we find people go straight too I bet he/she is a yonkou or missing shichibukai.

I like how we are getting more and more pirates to the world. We have the new 9 crews (supernovas) and Lola's mom. are there any other mentioned pirates that we will meet/possibly or is the rest all just shichibukai/yonkou or marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    yea I find it funny too how the only expected people are remaining shichibukai and yonkous. Any new name we find people go straight too I bet he/she is a yonkou or missing shichibukai.

I like how we are getting more and more pirates to the world. We have the new 9 crews (supernovas) and Lola's mom. are there any other mentioned pirates that we will meet/possibly or is the rest all just shichibukai/yonkou or marines.
    i'm completely agree...

yonkou rules the new world, but probably there are a lot of less important pirates!

anyway, also supernovas are going to the new world...

then: 4 Yonkou + 7 (6?) Shichibukai + 8 Supernovas crew + Smoker + Garp-Koby-Hermeppo + 3 Admirals + Bagy + some little pirate...
    =
    750.000 chapters?!?

(what about: fourth yonkou = Hancock the pirate queen = Lola's mom?)

Hancock and Lola's mom are not the same person... plus me thinks that Hancock is just a very beautiful women and that's all. oh and she is a pirate.
    The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal his gold teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    I find it interesting that the expectation from OP fans, seems to be that of only four pirate crews in the new world.

Maybe many of us think that because weak pirates wouldn't last in the New world, while pirates that stand out would either be recruited or taken out by the Yonkou, Shickibukai, higher level marines, and maybe the as of yet unseen Uber Bounty Hunters(seriously there have to be a couple).

I can imagine crews making it to the New World before the Supe Novas, I can imagine random superstrong people on different Islands like Tom&Eneru, and Bounty hunters but not small independant crews operating for years in the New World unhindered.

Well, we don't know if Lola's Mom is a captain. We just know that she is a known pirate (That is what I remember). She could be like in the crew of an emperor like Ace is...
    Division captain for an Emperor could work. Rockstar had a 98 mil bounty but was still seen as a nobody on WB ship. That makes it possible even Division Captain #16 could be a famous pirate in their own right.

Well that another case to show that there are probably more in the New World than just those 4.

Rockstar had a 98 million bounty and was seen as a nobody. So why would the yonkou do anything ot destroy him or his crew (say he was a captain) they wouldn't they dont' care about small fry. And for all we know small fry is anyone under 500 mil.

Dreaming Pirate Queen Blackrose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    Well, we don't know if Lola's Mom is a captain. We just know that she is a known pirate (That is what I remember). She could be like in the crew of an emperor like Ace is...
    I think it would make sense if Lola's mom was a captain of a ship because then Lola would be following in her mother's footsteps. Another possibility is that her mother could be the first mate of a ship and her father is the captain, but this is unlikely since the father is never mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    Division captain for an Emperor could work. Rockstar had a 98 mil bounty but was still seen as a nobody on WB ship. That makes it possible even Division Captain #16 could be a famous pirate in their own right.
    This is quite plausible, but another theory could be that Lola's mom was born and raised in the New World which means she could lead a small crew around unhindered or at least defend themselves quite well. Lola was born there so why not her own mother?

Well that another case to show that there are probably more in the New World than just those 4.

Rockstar had a 98 million bounty and was seen as a nobody. So why would the yonkou do anything ot destroy him or his crew (say he was a captain) they wouldn't they dont' care about small fry. And for all we know small fry is anyone under 500 mil.

Yet he was enough of a somebody for Shanks to recruit him and then send him on a very important mission. They treated him like a nobody because he was acting smug to experienced crewmates and to WB himself.

I'm not saying the 4 Yonkou themselves actively pursue rookies, but I'm sure a lesser Division Captain would notice some upstart moving in on their territory looking for treasure, attacking ships, robbing towns, upsetting any operations ect. Find the troublemaker and then they're given a ultimatum join, leave, or die.

Why do you think WB's crew is so big? They're seem more like factions than measly crews.
    Last edited by Ryuksgelus; June 18th, 2008 at 11:54 PM.

^ Yeah I want to see a bit of a timeskip too when it will show Luffy as the pirate king, and his crew being hundreds of crewmen. It would give us a better impression that Luffy has indeed become a great pirate.Something similar to Divisons for the straw hats at the end would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NuFiasco View Post
    ^ Yeah I want to see a bit of a timeskip too when it will show Luffy as the pirate king, and his crew being hundreds of crewmen. It would give us a better impression that Luffy has indeed become a great pirate.Something similar to Divisons for the straw hats at the end would be cool.
    Maybe Usopp will be a Division Commander, so he can have a large crew as "Captain" Usopp, but still be a SH.
    1st Mate of the Ancient Forest Pirates.

It would be cool if any of the SuperNovas joined an emperor, I think is Bonney, joining Hancock would be nice so that we got a strong emperor crew run by women.

Hancock is NOT a Younkou...
    The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal his gold teeth.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Who the fuck is Hancock?
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

she is mentioned here ->
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/
    top left panel... and couse she is described as empress so everybody is like wooooow, she is the 4th younkou... it's just a girl famous for her beauty, so stop with this "Hancock the 4th Younkou" please...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    Yet he was enough of a somebody for Shanks to recruit him and then send him on a very important mission. They treated him like a nobody because he was acting smug to experienced crewmates and to WB himself.

I'm not saying the 4 Yonkou themselves actively pursue rookies, but I'm sure a lesser Division Captain would notice some upstart moving in on their territory looking for treasure, attacking ships, robbing towns, upsetting any operations ect. Find the troublemaker and then they're given a ultimatum join, leave, or die.

Why do you think WB's crew is so big? They're seem more like factions than measly crews.
    Well we saw when Mihawk went to shanks, that he had plenty of fodder guys in his crew.

And if you got some new upstart like Rockstar that was thinking he was a big shot, what better way than to send him on a petty erand to Whitebeard to show him whats up.

I mean even Shanks knew what was gonna happen, so its not like Rockstar was needed for that specific role. he could have sent any of his crew.

Well we saw when Mihawk went to shanks, that he had plenty of fodder guys in his crew.

And if you got some new upstart like Rockstar that was thinking he was a big shot, what better way than to send him on a petty erand to Whitebeard to show him whats up.

I mean even Shanks knew what was gonna happen, so its not like Rockstar was needed for that specific role. he could have sent any of his crew.

Thats a pretty wild assumption. Its the New World, its not reasy to navigate and travel, especially alone.

Those fodder guys were scared shitless of Mihawk. That is way different than acting smug to WB. Shanks probably wanted to teach Rockstar respect, but its highly unlikely he could send a grunt on that important(petty?) mission.

Shanks had to send somebody who could get the job done, but also not attract the attention of the Marines because we saw their reaction at a Yonkou meeting. That he manged to teach Rockstar a lesson, was just a bonus.
    Last edited by Ryuksgelus; June 20th, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shen_ron View Post
    she is mentioned here ->
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/
    top left panel... and couse she is described as empress so everybody is like wooooow, she is the 4th younkou... it's just a girl famous for her beauty, so stop with this "Hancock the 4th Younkou" please...
    Oh, yeah, true, my bad. ^^ And from what we've seen of shadows of the yonkou none looks like a female.

Anyone else thinks that WB will be taken down in the upcoming war? It looks like the WG is taking everything they got against him with the marines and the shichibukai and it would also be very intresting for the story progress if he gets defeated and I really cannot see any better purpose for him in the future.
    And also if he gets defeated then the WG will probably have the upperhand against the rest of the yonkous in the new world and will try to eliminate them as well creating somekind of giant war that everyone in the new world will be invovled with, the 3 admirals, smoker, garp, Koby rest of the marines, and the shichi bukai, and shanks and the other yonkous, and also maybe some of the supernovas, as well as buggys crew and of course the strawhat pirates, and maybe Ace survives and leads the remaining WB troops annd Dragon will take this oppurtunity to strike the WG. And a guy like Smoker will probaby turn side and figth against the WG.
    So this war could round up all the characters still active in the story and as well as the hidden history, the ancient weapons and the D. Creating the perfect last volumes of One Piece.

It would be boring if the strawhats still had same formula in the new world, visit island, some story beat up the bad guy, next island same thing and so on, but instead create a massive war in the new world with different perspectives and characters involved with the war on each island.

Just some thoughts I wanted to get out.
    Last edited by Solid; June 20th, 2008 at 03:05 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by shen_ron View Post
    Hancock is NOT a Younkou...
    Odd... Can I see the source you got this information from? I don't recall Oda ever saying she WASN'T.

Indeed it's possible that Hancock is the 4th Yonkou.We need some strong female pirates in this manga even better if they are sexy

ok, let's say that she is a Yonkou... and she is introduced just like that? only mentioned between the lines and not even stated she is a Yonkou? not likely.
    so my question - can some1 who speaks Japaneese tell from some RAW version what's the original line for this translation "empress"? -> http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/489/16/

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Well, it doesn't carry over well in translation, but the character used for her as "empress" is diffrent from the ones used for Youkou.
    Yonkou uses 皇, which is usually used for Japanese emperors. It also means kings.
    Hancock was referred to as 女帝, and 帝 is usually used for Chinese and other foreign emperors.
    In Chinese mythology terms, 皇 and 帝 have other diffrent celestial meanings, but we won't get into that.

Further more, 女帝 meaning empress is often used in everyday Japanese to just mean a bossy lady, or a woman in charge with great power.

I think associating her as a Yonkou, simply because of translated meaning of empress, is too early at this point.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information