+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Yian,across the seven oceans and the river which is longer than from the earth to the moon

Default Re: Yonkou

I dont understand what your asking about.

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CLERICSHADOW View Post
    What people don't understand is that there isn't just 4 pirate groups in the new world...the new world probably has MANY of POWERFUL pirate groups in the new world since its the whole second half of the grandline..so Kaidou might possibly be just a very strong pirate in the new world...but hey who knows...I'm just saying theres more then 4 pirate crews on the second half of the grandline and not every pirate that's gonna be mentioned on the second half is automaticly a Yonkou..
    I agree with you Clerics but I think people are discussing the posibility of two people beeing one of the same. I haven't seen anyone saying "he/she must be a yonkou". People are merely trying to match a name to a face. but noone is really ruleing out that he might be someone completly different.

Lobolover: *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Yian,across the seven oceans and the river which is longer than from the earth to the moon

Cant you people take a joke?I mean Carter jokes about homosexuality and no ones does a "sigh" on him.

Doubt-ダウト- Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast's Avatar

I'm lost now.....Sixteen dead ends
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

It's not the Mr. 2 part im *sigh*-ing at.
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

then witch if you would be so nice to enlighten us with the aparations of your holly mind?

yoruba

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiyae View Post
    About the whole sinbad thing.. I think Oda was inspired by that alot..
    The whole traveling the seas , gaining new crewmembers with there own unique ability's etc. Maybe the "baron of munchausen" to, OP shares some similarity's with that as well. And Munchausen is quite a well know europian myth tale.
    Several pirate stories overlap each other because of the lore of the story. The whole idea of crazy beasts abroad the seas and mythical powers in odd lands and forbidden treasures: it's all apart of thrill of the open sea (the voyage through the unknown). It's a powerful myth deeply rooted in many cultures. He could have been just as much inspired by Sinbad, the Odyssey, the "Baron of Munchausen" (yet to hear of that, I'll wiki it) as much as the viking anime he watched when he was small.

Even Journey to the West could have played its part. I read somewhere (I forgot now) how the Strawhat's journey somewhat resembles a journey to the west.
    1. finds Zoro, a swordsman "Mr. Bushido", Asian
    2. Drum Island stuff, winter, Russia
    3. Alabasta, Egypt
    4. Water 7, Venice / France
    5. Florian Triangle, spooky themed, Bermuda Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    is anyone else ever amazed at how little the SH's know about their world?
    Additionally, I don't think the other yonkou are like shanks or whitebeard with how they treat their crew, I think they will be more like Buggy's and Alvida's style of leadership. Don't care much, but then again, the whole crew is "evil"
    But these are also some of the weaker crews with fragmented crews. Then again, Perona didn't hesitate much to flee from Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    ...he was discussing Sinbad and Odysseus possibly being either the yonkou...
    Not really them being the yonkou, more like beingr alluded to.

Robin on the other hand has already traveled in the GL for some time (atleast 2 years) so she has atleast some bit of knowledge about what is going on. Franky might know some things as well, depending on how focused he was on becomeing a stationary shipwright at W7.
    I think if Brook is added to the crew, he would likewise provide knowledge. He has had a crew (not like how Nami and Robin have had) and has been around for 50 years.

I do wonder when the Strawhats will begin traveling outside of the direct order of islands given by the Log Pose. Will they come across an Eternal Pose? I say this due to how freely we see people like Ace, Shanks, Blackbeard, or Kuma move over the seas. Brooke can only get back to Laboon from steering off course.
    Last edited by yoruba; November 1st, 2007 at 05:54 PM.

eh, Yoruba: I'm pretty sure he has been lost in that triangle for the majority of those 50 years.
    His crew were presumed lost 2 years (or so) after departure if I recall correctly. He couldn't leave the triangle after he died and ressurected due to a broken rudder. Then all of a sudden he came across TB and embarked in hopes of beeing able to repair his rudder.

Wait, lobolover, what were you confused about?
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

yoruba

Quote Originally Posted by CLERICSHADOW
    I'm just saying theres more then 4 pirate crews on the second half of the grandline and not every pirate that's gonna be mentioned on the second half is automaticly a Yonkou..
    True. For me, what I get from a Shichibukia losing to someone in the New World gives a suggestion that it is a Yonkou. You are right, the idea of other pirates being in the New World other than the 3 powers doesn't come up often that's because we (the readers) haven't been given much to talk about such things.

eh, Yoruba: I'm pretty sure he has been lost in that triangle for the majority of those 50 years.
    Hehe, thanks for the correction on that. 45 years in the grandline, hehehe, silly me
    Last edited by yoruba; November 1st, 2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: oops, sorry clericshadow

Quote Originally Posted by yoruba View Post

But these are also some of the weaker crews with fragmented crews. Then again, Perona didn't hesitate much to flee from Moria.

I'm just saying, these pirates are th governments most wanted, they can't al be sort of utilitarian anarchists like shanks or luffy, there must be some really nasty guys out there too, which is why I think the other yonkou will reflect buggy's STYLE a bit more, I'm not saying they are just like Buggy's crew

Post number 30..why does it say Gorlom posted that first quote..I DID Gorlom your stealing my fire tonight you basterd!!! *Raises old man fist*

Post number 30..why does it say Gorlom posted that first quote..I DID Gorlom your stealing my fire tonight you basterd!!! *Raises old man fist*
    I was wondering about that one too. I'm trying to find if I'v posted something similar to that quote in some other thread or why he edited it like that...
    But reading your post again: it really is your post edited to look like mine.. =S

I was wondering about that one too. I'm trying to find if I'v posted something similar to that quote in some other thread or why he edited it like that...
    But reading your post again: it really is your post edited to look like mine.. =S

*shoots rainbow mist filler arc cannon at Gorlom*

What people don't understand is that there isn't just 4 pirate groups in the new world...the new world probably has MANY of POWERFUL pirate groups in the new world since its the whole second half of the grandline..so Kaidou might possibly be just a very strong pirate in the new world...but hey who knows...I'm just saying theres more then 4 pirate crews on the second half of the grandline and not every pirate that's gonna be mentioned on the second half is automaticly a Yonkou..
    Yes, but there's a high probability that this Kaidou character might be a Yonkou. The 4 Emperor's are in fact, the most powerful pirates in the New World and we already know Kaidou's stronger then Moria, a pretty powerful Shichibukai. Kaidou is someone very powerful. It makes the most sense in him being a Yonkou, for me at least.

Also. That Kizaru thing was a joke. It would be kinda fun I guess, if he trained Luffy and maybe Ace. But it would be cooler if he actually turns out to be a future opponent for Luffy, both of them being monkeys and all.

A lot of confusion in this thread too.

yoruba

Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I'm just saying, these pirates are th governments most wanted, they can't al be sort of utilitarian anarchists like shanks or luffy, there must be some really nasty guys out there too, which is why I think the other yonkou will reflect buggy's STYLE a bit more, I'm not saying they are just like Buggy's crew
    Yea, I got 'ya. The word "influential" caught my eye when I was re-reading that chapter so I was thinking how being around these people evokes something in pirates. People like Ace could have probably made a sufficient run for Pirate King himself, yet he rather support Whitebeard's campaign instead. It tells about Whitebeard's character (not only in terms of strength level) as much as Ace's.

It's odd, but for most of the pirate antagonists we've been introduced to, few proclaim the hunt for One Piece. I think more thought-provoking motives will come from meeting the pirates of the New World. They are closer to the finish line and so are probably more compelled by it than from the pirates introduced thus far.

I think the mindset in the New World is much different than the first half. The first half is almost like a dash, and the second is like an easter egg hunt. I look at Shanks and think, he has nothing better to do than go ask Whitebeard to "let me have Blackbeard" for scars he's had ever since he left Luffy his strawhat?

Post number 30..why does it say Gorlom posted that first quote..I DID
    oops.... fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara No Hermy View Post
    Yes, but there's a high probability that this Kaidou character might be a Yonkou. The 4 Emperor's are in fact, the most powerful pirates in the New World and we already know Kaidou's stronger then Moria, a pretty powerful Shichibukai. Kaidou is someone very powerful. It makes the most sense in him being a Yonkou, for me at least.
    You said every thing I was about to. Good Show.

Default becoming yonkou or not?

When luffy enter the new world, I think luffy will suddenly run into kaidou a Yonkou and they will get into a fight.
    If luffy defeat kaidou is the loser still a yonkou or will they lose there title. And the winner will become the new yonkou.
    If strawhat become the new yonkou how will the world government and world know a yonkou been replace. Will the world government even release the information that the strawhats become a yonkou
    Yonkou r the closet to becoming the pirate king and is luffy dream is to become a pirate king, isn;t it natural that luffy will become a yonkou.
    Won't becoming the yonkou help him achieve his dream.
    Isn't it enivtable for people who aiming to become pirate, have to fight a Yonkou, aiming to become the pirate also mean aimming to become the strongest in the world. To achieve this dream mean fighting strong oppnoent like the yonkou and the current strongest whitebeard.

Default Re: becoming yonkou or not?

I've seen double posting a post, but never double posting an entire thread
    And a useless one at that.

Default Re: becoming yonkou or not?

well first off if luffy would become a yonkou they would need to change the title cause yonkou meens FOUR EMPERORS and a yonkou is not an organization its the name for the only 4 pirates in the new world.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information