+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: General 'Four Emperors' Discussion

Doubt-ダウト- Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast's Avatar

Default Re: becoming yonkou or not?

Quote Originally Posted by mdmartin101 View Post
    well first off if luffy would become a yonkou they would need to change the title cause yonkou meens FOUR EMPERORS and a yonkou is not an organization its the name for the only 4 pirates in the new world.
    No, he's saying if he BEATS one, he takes his place to become one ><
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

Luffy will reffer himself as the Gokou like he said he was the hachibukai in Alabasta

God makes the food.. and the devil makes the spices...Looks like it was too hot for you - Sanji

The way as it appears, the Yonkoh seem to have their own territories. Not only because Garp said that they rule like emperors in these seas but also because both Rockstar and Shanks knew where to find Whitebeard aswell as Mihawk being able to track down Shanks. Also there&#180;s that thing that Whitebeard still didn&#180;t find One Piece so far so it&#180;s not that unlikely that they have their own regions they claim for themselves.

And seeing how Luffy is constantly seeking new adventures he&#180;s not the type that cares much about claiming a certain place under his rule. He comes, wins and leaves again. No need for making him a Yonkoh. He&#180;s going to be Pirate King anyway.

However it&#180;s still odd that the WG didn&#180;t consider making Luffy himself a Shichibukai. I mean ok, he proved times and again to defy the WG especially the flag burning thing at Enies Lobby, but guys like Kuma, Moria and Doflamingo also must have done some outrageous things to have such high bounties and yet someone must have approached them to offer them positions as Shichibukai. I doubt that they offered their services themselves. I mean a good politician should at least have considered this possibility so why did the Gorosei not so far?

Err, the yonkou aren't appointed positions, are they? I thought it was just a title for four pirates in the new world that were so strong that they're pretty much the ultimate power in the place.

The Shichibukai are probably pirates that got knocked back from the New World and couldn't find a place for themselves over there.

They more than likely offered the services themselves to gain immunity from the marines, in order to attain enough power to make another voyage into the new world. Having to constantly fight off marines would only be a nuisance.

Blackbeard himself offered to be a Shichibukai, therefore I think it is feasible to conclude they probably do offer themselves for that position.

the hammer is my penis skarlath's Avatar

Something that MIGHT happen if Luffy totally trashes a Yonkou, is that some crew members (or mercs in the New World) might try to join Luffy.

However, as Luffy will probably not accept them, and thus not gain enough of a fighting force to rule a territory, it is unlikely that Luffy will ever have the power (or more importantly prestige) to be like one of the Yonkou.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryPotter View Post
    I fuck my mom and then suck on my own dick.
    If you only knew the power of the Pork Side

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    However itīs still odd that the WG didnīt consider making Luffy himself a Shichibukai. I mean ok, he proved times and again to defy the WG especially the flag burning thing at Enies Lobby, but guys like Kuma, Moria and Doflamingo also must have done some outrageous things to have such high bounties and yet someone must have approached them to offer them positions as Shichibukai. I doubt that they offered their services themselves. I mean a good politician should at least have considered this possibility so why did the Gorosei not so far?
    This is actually one of the concerns I had with the way the WG is trying to deal with the SHP. They seem to still be taking them lightly. To the point where after they have taken down Crocodile, taken down EL, and now taken down Gecko Moria. One would expect the WG to plan out their next attack against the SHP. Yet, what we get is an order to destroy them? Perhaps they simply think that the SHP must be weaken from their battle with Moria and maybe this is a good opportunity. Nonetheless, I would have expected the WG to make an offer to the SHP by now. Or at least some talks about dealing with them as a serious threat.
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Luffy will not give a damn. He will just kick the ass of anyone who gets in his way to One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    This is actually one of the concerns I had with the way the WG is trying to deal with the SHP. They seem to still be taking them lightly. To the point where after they have taken down Crocodile, taken down EL, and now taken down Gecko Moria. One would expect the WG to plan out their next attack against the SHP. Yet, what we get is an order to destroy them? Perhaps they simply think that the SHP must be weaken from their battle with Moria and maybe this is a good opportunity. Nonetheless, I would have expected the WG to make an offer to the SHP by now. Or at least some talks about dealing with them as a serious threat.
    Or it might also be the fact that Luffy is still undefeated right now. At least to the knowledge of the WG because I doubt that Kuzan would say he had the chance to crush them more then just once but didnīt do it.

You know, a pirate that didnīt get his rocks handed to him is far more reckless on his way to the top, which also means he couldnīt care less for privileges given by the WG.

No... Just no. I mean He's not trying to become a yonkou, He's trying to become pirate king. He's not going to take out just one yonkou. I think He'll take out all four if oda is really a bad ass. which he is. :P So yeah, No.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AD-HD Pirate's Avatar

Speaking of Yonkous, I always had this nice image in my head, where both Whitebeard and Shanks kneel to Luffy and declare him Pirate King.

Oda, make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-HD Pirate View Post
    Speaking of Yonkous, I always had this nice image in my head, where both Whitebeard and Shanks kneel to Luffy and declare him Pirate King.

Oda, make it happen.
    That would be awesome!

I agree with those who say the WG is taking the SH too lightly. These pirates destroyed Enies Lobby, declared war on the government, defeated two Shichibukai and escaped a Buster Call. And then, when Kuma is talking to someone of the WG, this someone just says that the SH Pirates are a "troublesome lot" and orders them dead.

So, we have a crew who defeated two Shichibukai and you send then a third, without any backup against them? Either Kuma is god, the New World is so terrible that anything the SH's made so far are nothing or someone on the WG really needs to be taken down so smarter people may rise in their place.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

yoruba

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    The way as it appears, the Yonkoh seem to have their own territories. Not only because Garp said that they rule like emperors in these seas but also because both Rockstar and Shanks knew where to find Whitebeard aswell as Mihawk being able to track down Shanks. Also thereīs that thing that Whitebeard still didnīt find One Piece so far so itīs not that unlikely that they have their own regions they claim for themselves.

And seeing how Luffy is constantly seeking new adventures heīs not the type that cares much about claiming a certain place under his rule. He comes, wins and leaves again. No need for making him a Yonkoh. Heīs going to be Pirate King anyway.

However itīs still odd that the WG didnīt consider making Luffy himself a Shichibukai. I mean ok, he proved times and again to defy the WG especially the flag burning thing at Enies Lobby, but guys like Kuma, Moria and Doflamingo also must have done some outrageous things to have such high bounties and yet someone must have approached them to offer them positions as Shichibukai. I doubt that they offered their services themselves. I mean a good politician should at least have considered this possibility so why did the Gorosei not so far?

I agree, I think the New World is an entirely new dynamic than the 1st half of the Grandline. I don't think the New World is as much of a race to the end as the 1st half or else why would the Yonkoh be at such a standstill. It'll be interesting to see what it is that has slowed the forward pushing pirates to reaching Raftel, I'm sure Oda has something than Sea Kings.

Though Ao Kiji / Kuzan has "defeated"the Strawhats, they still don't have a definite loss under their belts. Maybe Kuma would be the first to give it to them, only Oda knows. But I think there will be a time that the Strawhats could be pushed to the Calm Belt and have to survive from the terror.

No, I still say Luffy has to punch Shanks with a Pistol, then he will pass trough Shank's territory after he goes "Woah! Your punch is actually strong as a pistol!"

Default Shichibukai & the Yonkou

I've been thinkin' about this, and think that those chosen to become Shichibukai were chosen because each were somehow involved with one of the Yonkou. My only support for this are Mihawk, Blackbeard, and Moria. I thought that the Government might want pirates that are strong and have a history with a Yonkou. I know its a stretch, but just want to see if anyone agrees. Plus, I've heard theories that sound more like crap than this one (*cough, Akatsuki Leader is the 4th, cough*).

P.S. I typed this on my Wii, and it was a pain doing it.

Soon to be "IvanKing"

the hammer is my penis skarlath's Avatar

Default Re: Shichibukai & the Yonkou

We know how the SBKs are picked... strong pirates that are willing to throw off some of their more violent tendencies in order to have their bounties waived and frozen

and if anyone said anything about Akatsuki... then it was SARCASM...
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryPotter View Post
    I fuck my mom and then suck on my own dick.
    If you only knew the power of the Pork Side

I'm guessing the REAL requirement is probably more like 'have power somewhat near that of one of the current Yonkou', probably.

Just so the WG knows that if push comes to shove and they have to use the Shichibukai to fight off the Yonkou from doing something the WG doesn't like, they might actually stand a chance.

Aside from that though, I'm pretty sure Yonkou involvement is not a requirement to become a shichibukai. I'd think it'd be a combination of power level (not THAT kind =_=) and likelihood to rebel, probably.

And, uh, yeah, what Skarlath said sums it up pretty nicely.
    I'm a lurker. I don't really post much. So... I'm not really sure what to put as my signature.

I think the connections are just because powerful pirates tend to make allies/rivalries with other powerful pirates, not because it's an official requirement.

You pretty much just have to be really strong and have a record so other pirates fear you. Blackbeard is an exception, but he just beat the crap out of Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSpada View Post
    You pretty much just have to be really strong and have a record so other pirates fear you. Blackbeard is an exception, but he just beat the crap out of Ace.

Hey hey, that's not confirmed yet.

For all we know, Blackbeard could've just slept with Aokiji to get himself into the Shichibukai, or something.

Not that that's likely, but... you never know until you get the facts, yeah? :P
    I'm a lurker. I don't really post much. So... I'm not really sure what to put as my signature.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information