+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: General Persona Thread

Default Re: Persona (4)

Play through the Answer. The climax is worth it. REALLY worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Is P4 shorter than P3, or is it just that I'm familiar enough with the basic mechanics that it seems that way?

I notice that it's only 8/1, ~25 hours in, and the "Investigation Team" social link is already like Rank 7; I seem to recall in P3, the corresponding link only went up about one rank per month.

Or do they pull some grand "never mind, everything's completely different" switcheroo imminently?

It is amusing to look for the references to P3 in P4 -- Tanaka is still the home-shopping presenter, and the instructor talks about her brother in the city who wears a samurai helmet.

I feel like the Inaba background is disappointing-- it's a little small, with fewer places to explore, compared with the P3 world.

Spoiler:

Now, I'm sure something's wrong. Does the storyline always jump from like December 3 to March 21, or did I manage to trigger the "lame weak" path? The ending seemed rushed-- nothing that ever explained the 'Other World' after you don't chuck Watanabe into the TV set.

Spoiler:

Is there a dramatic difference between the paths, or is it always everyone saying "man, it's going to be boring" as you stand on a platform waiting to leave?

At 53 hours to conclusion, I really feel ripped off (Dragon Quest 8 took 65, and P3 took 95; OTOH, Wild Arms 4 took like 28.)

Scottish one piece fan shining knight's Avatar

To get the proper really brilliant ending you need to do the following

Spoiler:
    Do not chuck you know who into the screen

answer the questions asked as thus

->Wait a second here...
    ->We're missing something.
    ->Namatame's true feelings.
    ->Something's been bothering me.
    ->We're missing something...
    ->Calm the hell down!

Then the game will carry on until the end of december for reasons I won't say....

much later when you've defeated the "final boss" and you have said goodbye to all your social link friends instead of going home go to junes and keep trying to enter the elevator until it lets you do so to trigger the real ending

Don't forget:

Spoiler:
    After you enter that elevator, you have to beat izanami's dungeon,
    I'm currently powerleveling in there, to get lucifer .

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Scottish one piece fan shining knight's Avatar

of course that is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry View Post
    At 53 hours to conclusion, I really feel ripped off (Dragon Quest 8 took 65, and P3 took 95; OTOH, Wild Arms 4 took like 28.)
    I wonder how much time you spent on Social Links? 53 hours seems too short for a first playthrough..

I just finished the best ending. I had 90% of the Persona on my first run (including Lucifer!)

Psn id:
    Gaiyae

Discovered Stowaway Oni_Santoryu's Avatar

Default Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

PSP version has been announced and is coming out in japan on November 1st. Still no word on a NA or EU release.

Two articles of the changes in this version.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/18...table-details/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/21...nd-downgrades/

New Opening
    [youtube]-MRkM-fM7wg[/youtube]

Gameplay
    [youtube]738grU6H1Aw[/youtube]
    [youtube]PffATEqs0EE[/youtube]

New battle costumes have been added to the portable version, along with a “Guard” command during battles. You will also have full control over your party members this time around if you want to direct them in battle.
    Well this is good. But the downgrades kinda turned me off...still holding my breath for a fully new Persona.

rurouning between Paris, Strasbourg, Kehl and Grandline

Unfortunately, Famitsu also indicates that you will no longer be able to navigate the overworld in control of your character. Instead, you’ll be guiding a cursor around and “exploration” will be more menu-based. In scenes where you’re walking to school and interacting with people in class or during certain Social Link segments, you will only see portraits, not the actual character models (or sprites in this case) with animations.
    Meh... The sprites seem fine but I don't like the sound of it.
    However I'll buy it for sure, I'm a big fan of the original game.

Default Persona 5 !

Psn id:
    Gaiyae

Default Re: Persona 5 !

I bought the 3rd game late last year during GameStop's B2G1 Free event, yet to play it. Hopefully they decide to make this a PS3 title.

Persona 4 was amazing. Too bad I put about 40 hours into it and then stopped playing for some reason.
    Wheel of morality turn, turn, turn.

I hope the characters are good, but it will be hard to top the awesomeness that is Chie(STEAK!!!!!!!) and Kanji(GET BENT!!!!!!!) from Persona 4.

All this Persona 4 love makes me wonder if Persona 3 is even worth the time.

The story in Persona 4 is superior I think, while I liked the characters more in persona 3, the boxing dude and the dog ftw! Kanji was awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I haven't played 4 yet, but Persona 3 was amazing. I clocked about 120 hours in it, then considered running a new game+.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I haven't tried 4 yet but 3's amazing. From the music to the story to the characters, it's just..
    Last edited by Kaizoku Mele; March 26th, 2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: "Just dialing your number, forgetting to press the last two~"
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

I think Persona 4 had better Social Links compared to 3, you actually care about some of the characters and their stories and 4 has this Social Link:
    Spoiler:

Badass female Fox

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information