+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinland Saga

Shit Re-Shit Re-ReShit Furnace Sparks's Avatar

Default Re: Vinland Saga

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

That been out .
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by junte86 View Post
    The only thing I dont like about Vinland Saga is the author's stange sense of puttling love in most important scenes.. and his idea of love seems kind of off.

I really couldnt understand Prince's transformation at all, I thought it was rather comical really...

well although his last work also had this problem it was fine as it was fitting.. but for Vinland Saga I really dont know about this love lol
    Man, are you kidding

Those sequences were the absolute best

Also I have to comment and say I've been adoring everything past the prologue just as much as I was loving it. Everything just feels fucking perfect.

great series. I have no idea why it's not licensed (and assigned to me).

Shit Re-Shit Re-ReShit Furnace Sparks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    great series. I have no idea why it's not licensed (and assigned to me).
    yeah its amazing, am trying to catch up on it, feels like Berserk but yeah its good too

Spoiler:

http://mangastream.com/read/vinland_saga/92780160/1
    Chapter 69 is out.

Spoiler:
    I don't know what to say. Seeing Thorfinn recieve a beating like that is kinda unusual, and how Einar was the one that got angry. . .I was expecting Thorfinn to go berserk and kill everyone, but he is really looking and acting more and more like his father. Maybe, my less favourite chapter of the farm arc so far. The 34 pages were over in 2 minutes.

Man I hate that this is monthly. It feels like the farm arc will never end. Having said that, not a bad chapter.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

This series rocks.

I love the art, except for the eyes.

I thought Thorfinn looked like Askeladd when he did that angry face, but epic chapter..omg...cannot wait for him to return to fighting..canNOT wait

Was shocked that Thorfinn got hit from behind. He needs to sharpen up his combat skills again.

I think many people are just waiting for Thorfinn to snap and return to his old ways. But maybe he'll become more like his father, using his strength to protect his friends and not just be a cold-blooded killer.

Thorfinn snapping and eviscerating everyone would only be satisfying on a surface level. Because of the great pathos, you really can take it personally when people fuck with Thorfinn, so I can understand how it'd feel great to see him demolish shit. I know I enjoyed that punch. But his character has progressed and moved beyond that type of violence and it'd be uncharacteristic for him to just snap at this point. Or at least, from a storytelling perspective it seems unlikely. He's becoming a more mature individual, he's not the same kid he used to be.

I agree with Traveller. I believe that's where his character is heading.

I can see him still fighting of course, he has good reason to fight back now and kick ass. But it's a bit different.

I'm also not sure whether this encounter will end with them getting beat up, intervention, or Thorfinn getting back into the swing of things.

Farmland Saga has been really good for me, though, so I don't mind waiting patiently each month. I've been loving the arc and change of pace. I think in collected volume format it'll definitely feel faster too.
    Last edited by Pochipochi; December 1st, 2010 at 01:19 PM.

Shipmate

I honestly enjoy the everyday life of the Slave Arc to no end. Actually, it is one of Yukimura's strengths to write meaning behind simple things - just think of Planetes.

But of course, I wish to see how Thorfinn will move on. He has locked his warrior's skills and instincts deeply inside, but they still leak outside, and eventually will come out - only to meld with quite a new Thorfinn. However, we lack a bigger trigger for that. Out of the more simple premises, I see him being accepted into Snakes unit, or an invasion on Ketil's farm happening.

And I dearly miss Canute.

Thorfinn looks like a midget.

http://mangastream.com/read/vinland_saga/92780160/12

The artist needs to get his anatomy right. Not that I'm dissing the story or the rest of his artistic efforts.

Uhhhh

Looks

Pretty fine to me.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

He looked just like Askleadd to me here.

http://mangastream.com/read/vinland_saga/92780160/27
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    I love the art, except for the eyes.
    What don't you like about the eyes? They look decently realistic most of the time. Not that I pay much attention, but looking back at this most recent chapter, they seemed fine to me. If anything bothers me, it's how short these monthly releases feel. I swear we wait a lifetime for a new chapter-- not nearly as bad as Berserk or HxH, I know-- and the chapter is done with in a flash.

These two chapters by mangashare finally made me read this. So far it meets my expectations. And because of what I read about Vinland Saga over the years my expectations were as high as could be. A second Berserk Golden Age arc basicly. I'm at the point Canute unites Thorkell and Askeladds armies and it's very much like Berserk right now. Right now I have to keep myself from looking up names on Wikipedia cause some articles there are spoilery for this manga.
    Last edited by m00n; December 2nd, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    Uhhhh

Looks

Pretty fine to me.
    His head is as long (vertically measuring) as his chest is wide.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    What don't you like about the eyes? They look decently realistic most of the time. Not that I pay much attention, but looking back at this most recent chapter, they seemed fine to me. If anything bothers me, it's how short these monthly releases feel. I swear we wait a lifetime for a new chapter-- not nearly as bad as Berserk or HxH, I know-- and the chapter is done with in a flash.
    I think I understand him. I don't like how the irises contract WITH the pupils when the character is angry. As a realistic manga, the irises should stay intact, with the pupils contracted.

Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuigi View Post
    I think I understand him. I don't like how the irises contract WITH the pupils when the character is angry. As a realistic manga, the irises should stay intact, with the pupils contracted.
    Ah, to be honest, that was the one and only thing I noticed that would be worth complaining about. Don't have much to reference right now though, so I figured I'd just ask instead of aimlessly searching.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information