+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Microsoft / XBONE 180 thread

Default The Microsoft / XBONE 180 thread

Why there hasn't been one of these up till now is beyond me...

neway my younger brother got a 360 for Christmas and I must say it is a fun piece of Hardware, and I'm constantly debating with myself over getting Mass Effect

Default Re: Official Microsoft / XBOX thread

http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=1632

it was in the wrong forum, though.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

oh its one of the half of the video game threads that weren't moved

Mass Effect is pretty iffy. The story is really good. But I personally think the combat is terrible, especially when your in the car. Maybe my characters suck, they died so fast, and maybe it's cause I made my Shepard an Engineer instead of a soldier (my male shepard was a Soldier, but then I went with Female.. for certain reasons >.>)

Best buy for the 360 is Call of Duty 4, no doubt. This is by far the most fun I've had with an FPS since Gears of War. Halo is NOTHING compared to COD4, and I'm kind of mad it gets so much attention.

And there's plenty of stuff to be excited about for the 360 upcoming. Lost Odyssey is my big "can't wait". 360 looks like it'll be the PS2 of this gen. Sorry PS3.
    Name : G-EXP
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

I was gonna get Bioshock, but I said screw it rented it, finished it and took it back.

I never got what was so great about Bioshock. The story was good, but it wasn't incredible with the gameplay. Other games certainly could've been game of the year over Bioshock.

Then again, I don't see what's so great about Super Mario Galaxy, so maybe I have bad taste in games.
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

yeah my Brother got CoD4 and Halo 3 with it, and CoD4 was definatly much much more than I expected

he got Rock Band yesturday aswell, so much fun

Well I got CoD4, Rock Band, DOA4, Halo 3, and on the aracade I gots Puzzle Fighter ,TMNT, Street Fighter and Alien Hominid.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    and I'm constantly debating with myself over getting Mass Effect
    I'm in love with Mass Effect, I even like the combat a lot, but I still hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Dunno, it just seems like a game that isn't for everybody. If you can try it first.

From what I have read, apparently Lost Odyssey isn't that hot after all.

Can ya go online with Mass Effect?

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Like playing against other players? No. It's a just single player experience. Like KotOR, Baldur's Gate, Fallout or... you know. It wouldn't make a good online game anyway. But there will be downloadable content though. To gap bridge between ME 1 and eventually coming ME 2. Or at least that's what they promise.

Anything would do, as I'm actually eagerly waiting for an excuse to play throught ME again. I would still like to have something concrete. Now I can't wait for Fable 2 and Fallout 3 either. I want more role playing!
    Last edited by Yoska; December 29th, 2007 at 02:48 PM.

haha maybe I just really like some MMORPG since some RPG I would be bored. But I might rent Mass Effect.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Oh yeah. Sorry, my fault, of course you meant in MMO style. I do play games in every shape and colour but MMOs has never really been my cup of tea, or at least not my number one choice, so I sort of... forgot.

Aw Lost Odyssey isn't all that I hoped it would be?

Blue Dragon was definitely a shitty RPG. I had hoped LO would be much better. Of course I'll still get LO, but to hear that it isn't that great makes me hope for not another Blue Dragon.

There's always Cry-On, Mistwalkers 3rd RPG for the 360. And then Mistwalker is making an MMO that's supposed to be "like" an RPG. Could it be the MMO that I hoped FFXI would have been? Party of 3, random monster encounters, kind of like .hack.

You'd think Sakaguchi could make some awesome stuff.

EDIT:

Oh did anyone play Eternal Sonata? I still have some hope that the 360 won't be just a FPS machine.
    SSBB Code :
    4768-7125-9914

Really want to give DMC4 and Enternal Sonata. I plan to buy more new Games Nexy Year since I ger more money haha.

Anyone here buy the XBLA games?

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by rusashi View Post
    I still have some hope that the 360 won't be just a FPS machine.
    Currently I would buy a PS3 for FPS games. PS3 has Resistance and Unreal Tournament 3, plus it has Haze and Killzone 2 and the new Resistance game coming out. The only thing I would miss would be Halo 3. You can buy stuff like The Orange Box and Call of Duty 4 for both machines and coming games like the new RP6: Vegas and the new Episode for HF2 are multiplatform titles.

Oh, I forgot Too Human! Too Human, Fable 2 and Fallout 3 should be enough to satisfy my RPG hunger. As of now my expectations for JRPGs are little low though. Lost Odyssey might still be good. I hope so.
    Last edited by Yoska; December 29th, 2007 at 04:12 PM.

Hey, I liked Blue Dragon. :(

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Got one for Christmas, bought The Orange Box with some Best Buy reward coupons + gift card, can't get the ending song from Portal out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by rusashi View Post
    EDIT:

Oh did anyone play Eternal Sonata? I still have some hope that the 360 won't be just a FPS machine.

I'm currently about 75% through it. The graphics are undeniably gorgeous but there is no "must-own" JRPG for the 360 yet. ES has some unavoidable issues with combat and story presentation that drag it down, and you really have to jump through some hoops if you want to get any decent achievement points (i.e. only 20% of them are unlockable on the first playthrough, and the second playthrough is twice as hard). I'd say on a hard 1-10 scale where 5 is completely average, this game is a 7, while Blue Dragon is more like a 4 or 5.

If you gotta have RPGs, none of the current-gen systems are very good yet (you really want a DS or PSP) but the 360 is just stuffed with great action games. I've been totally addicted since I got mine this winter.

What exactly is with the Blue Dragon hate? It's basically a throw back to old-school RPGs. What was wrong with that? :s

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information