P Diddy killed it bad but I don't think he was the fire starter

Default Re: Hip Hop Thread

obviously you didnt listen to the song good enough to get the meaning

The song is what it is
    Hip Hop is mainstream garbage therefore dead
    Nas also had a part in it being dead

I went to a pretty good show a few months back. Was a Kanye West concert, with NERD, Lupe Fiasco, and Rihanna. I don't much care for Rihanna, but anything sounds good live after a few drinks. Lupe Fiasco was awesome, NERD was awesome, and Kanye put on one of the best shows I've seen in my life. It was a helluva concert.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I still can't believe people actually listen to this shit. It's gotten so fucking out of hand. There used to be some good Hip Hop, but it's fucking gutter trash at this point.
    Hip Hop has been dead for years, now it's just a genre of music for the people who don't have any fucking taste in music.

/troll

Quote Originally Posted by Superstars View Post
    The song is what it is
    yeah mainstream isnt all there is. So you just basically contradicted yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    I still can't believe people actually listen to this shit. It's gotten so fucking out of hand. There used to be some good Hip Hop, but it's fucking gutter trash at this point.
    98% of Mainstream Hip Hop has been dead for years, now it's just a genre of music for the people who don't have any fucking taste in music.

/troll
    edited for truth

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post
    Midnight Maurauders?
    lol, no. Try again.

The song is what it is
    Hip Hop has been dead for years, now it's just a genre of music for the people who don't have any fucking taste in music.

/troll
    Wah wah wah, we're too lazy to actually look for good music.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Zephos...k_in_progress_

Fly away shitposters.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post
    yeah mainstream isnt all there is. So you just basically contradicted yourself
    No, no I didn't.
    You don't even know the meaning of the song [Hop-Hop is dead] and you tried to tell me I didn't
    Seriously you're just trying to change subjects

@Deltron 3030: Yeah and that's nothing new to me?

BTW, did you include "colors [Ice T]" in your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    lol was that supposed to prove anything
    If this is your only response I'd say it worked pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar
    @Deltron 3030: Yeah and that's nothing new to me?
    If it weren't you wouldn't be parading around the "HIP HOPS DEAD" line.

BTW, did you include "colors [Ice T]" in your list.
    Hmm, yes, I will put a single song on a list for albums.

lol go google it dumbfuck, since the song is dumbed down already you still obviously dont understand.

Nas says mainstream hip hop is on the verge of dying. The song itself was to start controversy. It did, and consequently it got people talking "is hip hop dead?". That was the goal, when people talk about something it means its NOT dead. It got some shitty rappers offended and got some to TRY to do better, some just keep on doing what there doing.

Anyways i dont listen to mainstream much anymore besides Lupe, Common and some other guys (note that lupe is still primarily underground). Stop getting media brainwashed and look for good music instead of bawing bullshit.

The only form of rap in trouble is gangsta/hardcore rap.

Backpacker/alt rap is going strong.

The only problem with rap nowadays is the embarassing visibility of it's crap as the mainstream. It's a pride issue because that's how non-rap fans will perceive it.
    There's still plenty of great music being made for anyone who actually followed the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Deltron 3030 View Post
    If it weren't you wouldn't be parading around the "HIP HOPS DEAD" line.
    Nah it is now. understand the now.
    The majority of it is actually
    Yes there still is good music being made but overall the game is down

Hmm, yes, I will put a single song on a list for albums.
    Hahaha, my bad.
    I was just thinking you would have a list of singles too.

Quote Originally Posted by King Ty
    lol go google it dumbfuck, since the song is dumbed down already you still obviously dont understand.

Nas says mainstream hip hop is on the verge of dying. The song itself was to start controversy. It did, and consequently it got people talking "is hip hop dead?". That was the goal, when people talk about something it means its NOT dead. It got some shitty rappers offended and got some to TRY to do better, some just keep on doing what there doing.
    "It's been dead, I am just bold enough to say it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3s4o4wUj0

Anyways i dont listen to mainstream much anymore besides Lupe, Common and some other guys (note that lupe is still primarily underground). Stop getting media brainwashed and look for good music instead of bawing bullshit.
    You have posts in this thread hyping up Lil Wayne and you say I am brainwashed by the media?
    I know about Commmon [who da heck doesn't], and Lupe, Q-tip yeah and?
    Last edited by Superstars; November 22nd, 2008 at 12:07 PM.

Nah it is now. understand the now.
    The majority of it is actually
    Yes there still is good music being made but overall the game is down
    Down =/= Dead.

"It's been dead, I am just bold enough to say it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3s4o4wUj0
    King Ty is right, Nas is doing something that's been a classic art technique. Playing Devils Advocate. Stirring up discussion over something that needs to be discussed or have attention brought to it.
    Do you think he would have gotten all this attention to the issue if he had the song be "Hip Hop Isn't Really Up To It's Old Standards Overall"?

Roll to every station and firmly inform the djay of his poor choice of music.

Down =/= Dead.
    People have different interpretations
    It could mean dead as of right now, which it is.

King Ty is right, Nas is doing something that's been a classic art technique. Playing Devils Advocate. Stirring up discussion over something that needs to be discussed or have attention brought to it.
    Do you think he would have gotten all this attention to the issue if he had the song be "Hip Hop Isn't Really Up To It's Old Standards Overall"?

Nah, Nas is right. His point was to let people know that hip hop is dead.
    Like Nas said, he was just bold enough to put it out there.

If Nas actually thought rap was dead he wouldn't be making music. Let alone releasing more albums after making that one.

Are you going to just keep repeating "it's dead" or are you going to actually make a argument for it being dead?

Your talking to somebody whose spent the last two months listening almost exclusively to post-96' hip hop.
    Your saying Joe died on Monday, and I've been hanging out with him since Wednesday.

If Nas actually thought rap was dead he wouldn't be making music. Let alone releasing more albums after making that one.
    Nas feels like he could save rap..Heck many people see him AS hip-hop.

Are you going to just keep repeating "it's dead" or are you going to actually make a argument for it being dead?

Your talking to somebody whose spent the last two months listening almost exclusively to post-96' hip hop.
    Your saying Joe died on Monday, and I've been hanging out with him since Wednesday.
    Yes you listen to the classics, so do I but many don't now [I am speaking now]
    My argument was what exactly Nas was saying.
    Last edited by Superstars; November 22nd, 2008 at 12:05 PM.

Quit living in the past dude!

Hip Hop in the mainstream IS DEAD. There are some great Hip Hop artist out! Lupe, Common, even Q tip is trying to make a comeback...but honestly will the majority of the kids/teenagers listen to them..no.

They listen to that BULLSHIT that is soldierboy/bowwow/liljohn/ect.ect.

So yes just because a couple of true fans like yourselfs still listen to the good music that you could only find on the internet, turn on your tv, go to a music station and try to find your Lupe, or Common. Most of the time you will find some stupid bull shit.

Hip Hop is dead.

I was with you till the last sentence

mainstream not dead, its just been abused horribly and is on life support. I mean i hope it comes back, doubt it though

Until then ill listen to my Lupe/ Q-Tip/ Older stuff/ and underground stuff

Nas is right but your so ignorant to win this arguement to see that your confused on Nas' standpoint. And all the people who are with Nas, like Andre 3000. Hip Hop is Dead is a movement, not a fact. Meant to bring awareness to the bullshit that is 98% mainstream "rap" music

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information