+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 247 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 4928

Thread: General Anime Discussion Thread

Default Re: General Anime Discussion Thread

My dream is for them to do 26 episodes a year, so episodes can average 2 chapters each
    The 52 episodes a year will be some dumb Japanese fear that if the show is off the air for a few weeks people will stop caring about the IP, which is absurd

Quote Originally Posted by parappa View Post
    My dream is for them to do 26 episodes a year, so episodes can average 2 chapters each
    The 52 episodes a year will be some dumb Japanese fear that if the show is off the air for a few weeks people will stop caring about the IP, which is absurd
    They don't want to lose the cushy time slot it has. Which apparently is notoriously hard to get (even if you're the most popular IP apparently)

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

According to JUMP reported that in Osaka "USJ" One Piece Stage will Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the Great Production in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    They don't want to lose the cushy time slot it has. Which apparently is notoriously hard to get (even if you're the most popular IP apparently)
    it's not about losing the slot since FujiTV is also funding and producing the show with toei animation and ADK, and they can bring it back there if they want. the problem is that you will cut the weekly routine for Japanese people, which will lead to losing more people, and many of them not deeply into anime so you will need heavy advertisements to et some of them back. because of this, i don't think FujiTV will ever agree on something like this if toei animaton propose it

note: far most of 1-cour/2-cours shows get less audience in their 2nd season after all
    Last edited by conan___e; April 21st, 2017 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conan___e View Post
    it's not about losing the slot since FujiTV is also funding and producing the show with toei animation and ADK, and they can bring it back there if they want. the problem is that you will cut the weekly routine for Japanese people, which will lead to losing more people, and many of them not deeply into anime so you will need heavy advertisements to et some of them back. because of this, i don't think FujiTV will ever agree on something like this if toei animaton propose it

note: far most of 1-cour/2-cours shows get less audience in their 2nd season after all
    Exactly, why risk losing a stable audience now when you can air a condensed version 20 years down the line?

Would the audience be turned off by reruns?
    One or two months of reruns a year advertised as special re-airings of fan favorite moments would help , even just a little.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    One or two months of reruns a year advertised as special re-airings of fan favorite moments would help , even just a little.
    The real question would be if toei even wants to go through the trouble at all? If 10 years of this anime has taught me anything, the answer would be no. Even if the reruns costs them virtually nothing. If it isn't giving them money, than it isn't worth it.

Is this to air separately from the weekly anime?

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Of course. Airing a separate anime from the original wouldn't fix the original anime's pacing. Which was the topic of the discussion at hand.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

They actually did air an HD upscale of all the pre-Davy Back Fight episodes with the past few years.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The real question would be if toei even wants to go through the trouble at all? If 10 years of this anime has taught me anything, the answer would be no. Even if the reruns costs them virtually nothing. If it isn't giving them money, than it isn't worth it.
    If it costs them virtually nothing and they make money off of it, I don't seem the harm in at least testing it out.

I don't even want to begin to imagine what goes on in the minds of the CEOs at Toei and Fuji TV.

It would air on the same channel and timeslot, but wouldn't be counted as a part of the anime. Unlike those damned Enies Lobby recaps.

It's 2017 now, but sadly many people still like to blame Toei for something that is not Toei's business.

Fuji TV used to cancel Kitaro to broadcast DB Kai all of a sudden, and then cancelled DB Kai to broadcast Toriko, and then cancelled Toriko to broadcast DB Kai AGAIN. The only thing that Fuji TV cares is rating, rating and rating.

Just like what I said before, the profit chain of One Piece is very complicated, and all the stakeholders (Shueisha, Fuji TV , ADK, Toei Animation, Oda and sponsors) can say "Yes" or "No" on any big decisions, such us the planning of a long filler arc.

There was an interview with the current producer Koyama. And in the interview Koyama already confirmed that it needs the decisions of all stakeholders related to One Piece to make a filler arc. Someone even don't want Toei to make a longer filler arc, do people really believe that Fuji would like to let One Piece to have a rest?

By the way, even though Fuji would like to let One Piece to have a rest, audiences wouldn't. That's the reality.

On the other hand, I believe that many people may already notice the changing of One Piece anime. The changing isn't from Zou or from WCI, it's from PH indeed. But Zou can be treated as a new start of the anime in many degrees, and the first two episodes of WCI already showed the determination of the anime staff. However, I couldn't believe that this time they even invite Ichikawa to be the CAD.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Toei's anwser might be Yes. It's Fuji that would say No without any doubts.
    Last edited by Sun_Chopper; April 21st, 2017 at 09:01 PM.

People in Japan are clearly losing interest in the anime. The ratings for One Piece are the worst they've been in years

All ratings are down compared what they were 20 years ago.

Dragon Ball, Sazae-san, etc. used to pull in 10+ million viewers a week.

All ratings are down compared what they were 20 years ago.

Dragon Ball, Sazae-san, etc. used to pull in 10+ million viewers a week.
    If you are paying attention to the ratings for the past 8 months, you will see a big decline for One Piece.

I dk what happened to the show that made people lose interest suddenly.

Both things are true, to an extent. I've been following weekly rankings for 10+ years and it's obvious that anime ratings (or just ratings in general) really seem to be getting lower every year, however, One Piece did suffer from a drop since Dressrosa ended - i don't know if that arc burned out some viewers or what. There were even some weeks where it was almost beaten by its lead-in, Dragon Ball Super, that's not common. I think this drop is the reason WCI got more promotion than usual for an arc, they really wanted people to know a new arc was starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun_Chopper View Post
    It's 2017 now, but sadly many people still like to blame Toei for something that is not Toei's business.

Fuji TV used to cancel Kitaro to broadcast DB Kai all of a sudden and then canceled DB Kai to broadcast Toriko, and then canceled Toriko to broadcast DB Kai AGAIN. The only thing that Fuji TV cares is rating, rating, and rating.

Just like what I said before, the profit chain of One Piece is very complicated, and all the stakeholders (Shueisha, Fuji TV, ADK, Toei Animation, Oda, and sponsors) can say "Yes" or "No" on any big decisions, such us the planning of a long filler arc.

There was an interview with the current producer Koyama. And in the interview, Koyama already confirmed that it needs the decisions of all stakeholders related to One Piece to make a filler arc. Someone even doesn't want Toei to make a longer filler arc, do people really believe that Fuji would like to let One Piece to have a rest?

By the way, even though Fuji would like to let One Piece to have a rest, audiences wouldn't. That's the reality.

On the other hand, I believe that many people may already notice the changing of One Piece anime. The changing isn't from Zou or from WCI, it's from PH indeed. But Zou can be treated as a new start of the anime in many degrees, and the first two episodes of WCI already showed the determination of the anime staff. However, I couldn't believe that this time they even invite Ichikawa to be the CAD.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Toei's answer might be Yes. It's Fuji that would say No without any doubts.
    I'm surprised they never consider western fans into that equation!

Naruto had longer filler arcs that many people thought would lose ratings but has the opposite effect of making TV Tokyo lots of money instead.

I think it has more to do with multiple people being a Yes or No men faction.

Some people would like a long ass filler arc. (Western fans and Japanese ones.) But some like the higher up in TV and marketing would say no for some reason and ratings can be the detector of this.

I'm not saying there needs to be new blood to replace the old system... But with so many animators not getting paid and one of them died in their sleep while working on Boruto. That says a lot!
    Thank you for drawing this fanart, yeyeliz? http://yeyeliz.tumblr.com

anime generally start losing in audience on TV, other new projects start including more streaming services in their broadcast choices, for example toei did have ton of them for tiger mask w(they are listed in Toei's tiger mask page, but not in Asahi's page), but this probably because Asahi didn't expect really high rating so they didn't try to monopoly the streaming choices(so the ads revenue) just for it's networks.

Yeah they could just do recaps on an official streaming service for free and tie it in to promote the anime. A recap every arc would barely leave a dent. Anime rating are going down because generally younger audiences don't watch as much television, One Piece will move to streaming service (but also stay on television) in Japan along with most other anime. It's still gonna be air weekly and will be until it ends.

Yeah they could just do recaps on an official streaming service for free and tie it in to promote the anime. A recap every arc would barely leave a dent. Anime rating are going down because generally younger audiences don't watch as much television, One Piece will move to streaming service (but also stay on television) in Japan along with most other anime. It's still gonna be air weekly and will be until it ends.
    So we are talking about boosting ratings correct? Because your solution doesn't fix the pacing problem. Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information