Page 260 of 260 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260
Results 5,181 to 5,197 of 5197

Thread: General Anime Discussion Thread

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Default Re: General Anime Discussion Thread

Going by those cels in the tweet he's working on
    Spoiler:
    the Snakeman transformation
    so I think you can rest easy. Gas does seem to be involved though.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I found a lot of sites reporting Toshiko Fujita (68), Big Mom's former seiyuu, passed away due to breast cancer. Is it true?
    Last edited by rayleigh92; December 28th, 2018 at 07:19 AM.
    Prediction. Laffitte's ability: Tori Tori Fruit, Model Albatross, which brings bad luck;
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    I would love a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.

Yes, but this VA was old BM voice that was used in her first apperance in Fishman Island.

Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    I found a lot of sites reporting Toshiko Fujita (68), Big Mom's former seiyuu, passed away due to breast cancer. Is it true?
    Yes, it's confirmed https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...s-away/.141413

Discovered Stowaway ScotchInformer's Avatar

Episode 869 will air on 20 Jan 2019 ~ " Wake Up - Pass The Strongest Observation Haki ! "

Officially there is no Double Episode !

A few people discovered the twitter account of the animation supervisor for 867, Kimitaka Ito. When getting in contact with him, they confirmed a few of his scenes, and he also asked for his name to be translated as Hirotaka Ito as opposed to Kimitaka Ito. Just for reference.

Early Picture for episode 869

https://imgur.com/a/vKiLKY4

The Dressrosa arc will air inGermany this summer!

Im Februar geht es bei #OnePiece noch einmal zum #sabaodyarchipelago. Im Sommer reisen wir dann mit neuen Folgen nach #Dressrosa. #AnimeAction
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BsnUw9zlues/

Until then, they're starting from Sabaody Archipelago. I don't know if that means the first pre- or post-time skip.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

I'm not sure where to put this so I'll try here.

I have concerns.

So far Toei has done a pretty damn good job with Luffy vs Katakuri. There's been some filler I didn't like so much and some dragged out moments, but overall they've done the fight well.

My concern is about Snakeman. Given Toei's history of fucking up every Luffy finale since the Time Skip (Making him struggle against Hodi, making him struggle against CAESAR of all people, and the pushing match with him vs Doflamingo) I'm really worried they're going to fuck it up somehow. Or they'll try to animate the final blow instead of leaving it ambiguous. Or we're going to see some kind of pushing match that wasn't there.

Idk what do you guys think, do you think Toei is gonna mess this one up too or do you think they'll do it justice? It's just so hard to tell with them sometimes
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Dang, Miss Quexinos. Now Im worried too!

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    I'm not sure where to put this so I'll try here.

I have concerns.

So far Toei has done a pretty damn good job with Luffy vs Katakuri. There's been some filler I didn't like so much and some dragged out moments, but overall they've done the fight well.

My concern is about Snakeman. Given Toei's history of fucking up every Luffy finale since the Time Skip (Making him struggle against Hodi, making him struggle against CAESAR of all people, and the pushing match with him vs Doflamingo) I'm really worried they're going to fuck it up somehow. Or they'll try to animate the final blow instead of leaving it ambiguous. Or we're going to see some kind of pushing match that wasn't there.

Idk what do you guys think, do you think Toei is gonna mess this one up too or do you think they'll do it justice? It's just so hard to tell with them sometimes
    I think they will animate the finale more clearly than the manga, but I also don't think it will be a bad thing if we have some amazing animation.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Honestly I never saw any ambiguity in the manga.
    Spoiler:
    Both of them got bopped by the other's final attack, both of them managed to get back up, but only one of them was able to continue standing after that.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Remember back when Toei did this?

Yeah. Me Neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Honestly I never saw any ambiguity in the manga.
    Spoiler:
    Both of them got bopped by the other's final attack, both of them managed to get back up, but only one of them was able to continue standing after that.
    Ah, you're right, I guess what i mean is, I wouldn't want Toei to actually animate that and I want them to leave it how it was in the manga.
    Spoiler:
    just an explosion and the aftermath

Dang, Captain Krupp, that makes me remember of back when I used to love Bellamy so much. Anyone remember that? I made like 10 Bellamy topics and pissed everyone off?... good times, good times
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

To be honest, I think the final scene could easily be improved if they showed the final moment of impact and showing the explosion. That would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzMazz View Post
    To be honest, I think the final scene could easily be improved if they showed the final moment of impact and showing the explosion. That would be fine.
    I agree. I always tought Zoro vs Mr.1 would be more awesome if we actually saw the final blow too, even though it was brilliantly animated.

The execution of the final blow on Doffy wasn't as bad compared to Hody and Caesar because Doflamingo was actually a tough foe and it was satisfyingly animated.
    The definitive clash in the Katakuri fight is structured and flows differently. There's no way to do a three minute "push struggle" and make it satisfying.
    I don't think there's anything to worry about for the finale of this fight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information