+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime Discussion Thread

Default Re: Official RAW Discussion III - Thriller Bark Now in Japanimation!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    Haha. Love him dancing with Luffy in the preview.

He's not as epic as I was hoping, but he still sounds pretty good. I think I wanted something a little deeper.
    I wanted him to sound more like a Butler with a semi-serious tone of voice (it makes all of his jokes sound funny because it isn't expected).

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Well, have you seen the entire episode or heard any of his deliveries for jokes? We got a seven second long clip, and the episode preview for the next episode. Doesn't sound like you've got enough room there to scream your hate yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    Well, have you seen the entire episode or heard any of his deliveries for jokes? We got a seven second long clip, and the episode preview for the next episode. Doesn't sound like you've got enough room there to scream your hate yet.
    I heard the panty line....which ruined it for me :S

Oh well, since I expected them to screw with this, I'll probably get used to it soon (happened with Franky, Robin, and Usopp).

Well... not convinced. Wainting for more.
    I remember hating Franky's voice first but I just looove it now.
    But Brook's voice isn't enough... theatral.
    Can't read the video on fujitv... It makes my Firefox fall down. Somebody knows why ?

I heard the panty line....which ruined it for me
    You did? Where? Is it online? I'd love to hear it again!

edit: Wait, did you think what I posted was the panties line? What I posted was:

Courtesy of stephen:

I can't help but have an eye for the pretty ones!!
    I can't help it, because being a skeleton, I haven't got any!!
    YOHOHOHOHO!!
    It's exactly how I pictured him to laugh like a complete dumbass after those totally lame dry puns. I don't think I've ever been this happy about a voice and it seems like it will be easy to replicate in English.

The panties line he delivers deadpan (CAUSE HE ALREADY DIED ONCE YOHOHOHO) and it's absolutely perfect. Haruka was listening to it half asleep and just hearing it she woke up in a fit of laughter.
    Last edited by Greg; January 5th, 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Great to see the skeleton showing up. (oh, and I also saw a pic with "a ghost"...makes you wonder how far Perona's extent is from Thriller Bark)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You did? Where? Is it online? I'd love to hear it again!

edit: Wait, did you think what I posted was the panties line? What I posted was:

Courtesy of stephen:

It's exactly how I pictured him to laugh like a complete dumbass after those totally lame dry puns. I don't think I've ever been this happy about a voice and it seems like it will be easy to replicate in English.

The panties line he delivers deadpan (CAUSE HE ALREADY DIED ONCE YOHOHOHO) and it's absolutely perfect. Haruka was listening to it half asleep and just hearing it she woke up in a fit of laughter.
    Naw, it was on ニコニコ動画. Looks like it's removed now (they had the next ep. preview as well, but that's gone too).

If it comes back up, I'll post the link. Actually, with the exception of him saying "Yohoho", I imagined his whole dialogue (before he gets on their boat) to sound the same in tone (same with the dinner dialogue and the line with Robin at the table).

I dunno...it might seem better later on, but seeing as how it's not what I wanted, I have to get used to it (it'll probably be easier than Franky because I didn't like his character almost 100 chapters and his voice for 30-40).

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Brooke really does sound like the Japanese Jack Skellington! It's just as high-pitched as I pictured. The "Yohohoho!" laugh couldn't have been delivered better.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Lovin' the voice. Very fitting indeed.

Holy crap...just wow. Seeing Brook in the anime now...is just surreal. Thriller Bark was the first One Piece arc that started after I was officially on board and up to date so it's special to me, so seeing it in anime form now is just....stunning.

SakuraDestiny (or whoever is good with Share) should hop on because it looks as if someone has it up now (I can't stay connected for more then a few minutes so...I can't do it. Sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Anderson View Post
    The preview for the next episode is also up! Catch Brooke speaking in the preview!
    Brooke's voice is awesome! Yohohoho!

Watch it on Fuji TV's website (click on spot movie)

Code:
    http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/onepiece/
    Does anyone have this ripped yet? I keep getting a page error.

Brooke sounds beautiful ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Holy crap...just wow. Seeing Brook in the anime now...is just surreal. Thriller Bark was the first One Piece arc that started after I was officially on board and up to date so it's special to me, so seeing it in anime form now is just....stunning.
    My thoughts and feelings exactly.

I LOVE Brook's voice. Can't wait to see the actual episode once the RAW's up! :D

Gwah... 529mb on share. Downloading now. Could very well be fake...

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

I love the lighting of Brook's ship. I was afraid that Toei was going to make it to bright. But judging from Crossbone's pics, it appears to be perfect. :)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky View Post
    I right clicked properties and it said Blook.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

Ohh snap it does

I guess we've got another Alabasta Flanky Rogue Blook on our hands people :(

Better catch em' before Viz sees it

Haha, so it does! How funny would that be if it turned out to be the official romanization.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    Ohh snap it does

I learry hope that isn't the case, Robster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    Ohh snap it does

I personally approve of and say Alabasta, and Rogue.

sorry if im wrong.
    J

Check out larger(huge) pictures of One Piece flags in my deviant art gallery: http://zerocustom1989.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Official Gol D Roger. Just added.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information