+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/12 "A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru!" Dub Discussion

Default Re: 1/12 "A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru!" Dub Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    The only thing that tonights episode did for me was make me eager for next week.

Nothing special that I can really point out. And I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely heard "Varse".
    Yeah I heard Varse too... That was a real WTF for me since everyone else seemed to be hearing Vearth.

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    And I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely heard "Varse".
    Same here. Don't know how everyone else heard "Vearth".

I PLIGHT MY TOTH
    Hidden:
    [YOUTUBE]93Jjel1euaQ[/YOUTUBE]

For the subs right? Well that's pretty neat. I bet it was fun to watch it dubbed.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

For some reason I didn't like Luffy's performance this episode. He sounded mad all the time, even at the end with his "I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" It was like Colleen had a cold or something... maybe she did, who knows? I can look past it though. It didnt' really start bothering me until the end.
    Actually I thought Luffy sounded pretty jolly. Especially during his little tour of lovely town, and I thought his selfish attitude was done perfectly in regards to the gondola... He didn't really sound all that mad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    This was the very first OP ep I translated, I just realized That's neat about the closed caption thing, too!
    According to someone over at toonzone, apparently the CC itself wasn't matching up with the dub dialogue...

Strange, I actually liked Clinkenbeard's performance better this week. She does a better toned down and serious Luffy than an excited one if you ask me. I'm glad that that scene at the end was pretty much as dramatic as the original, very pleased.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

HOLY CRAP GO MATO XD That was a spectacular Translation!! I thought it was very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff-s View Post
    Same here. Don't know how everyone else heard "Vearth".
    To be perfectly fair, the way it's pronounced in both English and Japanese is pretty much the same...just the "r" is much more pronounced, so that it sounds more like "varse" than "vaasu" or however the hell it would be romanized. >..>;;

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    HOLY CRAP GO MATO XD That was a spectacular Translation!! I thought it was very well done.
    I think he meant for the subs ;)

Actually I thought Luffy sounded pretty jolly. Especially during his little tour of lovely town, and I thought his selfish attitude was done perfectly in regards to the gondola... He didn't really sound all that mad to me.
    I have a very old TV, it's at least 10 years old... it only has one small speaker on it's right side. Sometimes sounds don't come through right and this is the first time I watched the new dub on this TV so... I dunno maybe I'm just used to hearing it through computer speakers. I'll watch Chibi's episode and see if I feel any different.
    Either that or my potato chips were crunching too loud.
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

I thought Vearth sounded fine, to me I remember the japanese pronouncing it 'varce' ? I could be wrong xD

yeah it was sorta like "varse" when they said it in the Japanese episode
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Yeah, it sounded the same. Which is why using "Varse" doesn't bother me much...
    Everything was all for nothing

Sonny did a good job with Usopp in this episode

Kamen Rider OOOs

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGod View Post
    Yeah, it sounded the same. Which is why using "Varse" doesn't bother me much...
    did Oda ever romanize(SP? spell checker brings up womanize) it as Vearth?
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    did Oda ever romanize(SP? spell checker brings up womanize) it as Vearth?
    dictionary.com says that "romanize" is indeed a word. Anyways--I don't think it has been; I should think that someone would've come in and said if he had by now...

so where do we get Vearth from?
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

I think he meant for the subs ;)

I have a very old TV, it's at least 10 years old... it only has one small speaker on it's right side. Sometimes sounds don't come through right and this is the first time I watched the new dub on this TV so... I dunno maybe I'm just used to hearing it through computer speakers. I'll watch Chibi's episode and see if I feel any different.
    Either that or my potato chips were crunching too loud.
    I have a feeling you'll feel different after watching chibigoku's version, but I understand what you mean then.

I think the closed captions were quite ironic as well, I forgot to mention that XD Gan Fall sounded great in this ep too, gahhh I cannot WAIT to get to hear everyone else, the Priest, and Shandians.. can't WAIT XD

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Well, that's what KF translated it as.
    Everything was all for nothing

I think it's because it's similar to the world "earth", which is what Vearth is made of.

Also, many manga translators used this spelling, so it might have just stuck with a lot of fans.
    Last edited by Candlejack; January 12th, 2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Add more statements.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information