+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 129 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2575

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Default Re: History's strongest Disciple Kenichi

HSD Kenichi #475 Raw Here: Juin Jutsu Team

Sh!t Sh!t Sh!!!!!t...can't wait for the english scanlations....fap fap fap.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/histo...ichi/v45/c475/

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Just read it, and I like this cliffhanger. I'm not completely sure it's over!

Spoiler:
    This manga has the best goddamn fights. The very best. You know this fight could very quickly have felt like it was dragging because it was with one of the side-characters and you expected him to lose and you could have easily gotten the feeling of "just get this over with already!". But you never felt that because the fight was so well-written and there was a flow to it where it somehow managed to up the stakes each time even when every chapter, the fighter we were rooting for was getting more and more insanely fucked up and he still managed to win and it doesn't feel cheap at all. It just leaves an incredible feeling of "Whoah did he earn this!". Got the exact same feeling with the fight before with Miu and Kenichi. Just the best fights.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Fucking epic. Just wow. I'm so happy I picked this manga up 2 years ago.

Just dropping in from chapter 430 or so to say that I really liked Apachai's backstory. And that there's too much fanservice. Nearly caught up now, I like it.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Boooo!! It's nice that Hongo didn't die and all, but I didn't like how the Mighty Junazard lost. Martial arts tenacity pfft...I only let that kind of thing slide when it has to do with Kenichi or his crazy masters...The knee-arm combo was nice though.

I'm fine with it, Hongo earned his win :)

I'm not buying this. It's bad writing, really. Nothing indicates that Junazard has lost any of his martial prowess over the course of years, so with this we're forced to accept that Hongou is close to being on par with Elder himself, unless the latter has been training like a maniac and is much stronger now than he was when he "had trouble fighting" Silcardo. This also takes away entirely the possibility of building up Sakaki's character through an immense pain over the tragic death of his long-time friend and rival and replaces it with a weird love-hate relationship rivalry thingy between a master of Yami and Ryouzanpaku that doesn't feel thought out.

And there was yet another Deus ex Machina. A bad one at that. I'm starting to think that Matsuena is a craven, not having the courage to kill off his liked characters in a way that would transform the manga from a simple straightforward battle shonen to something a bit deeper and darker.

Yeah, I don't like it very much. As far as I'm concerned, Kenichi's moving in a dangerous direction.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

No we're not. Hongou was just fucking lucky. By all accounts he should have lost. He was outmatched and out-classed in every way. It's only through sheer will power and Jenzad letting his gaurd down that he managed to win. I think this was great writing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I mean Kenichi managed to beat Shou, that doesn't mean he was on Shou's level or anything (he still isn't now), just that he was really freakin' lucky and he managed to toughen it out. he earned his victory with the fuckload of damage he took as did Hongo. The author made it very clear in fact that Jenazad was much stronger than Hongo. Like the chapter said, it wasn't technique or strategy but tenacity that let Hongo win.

That was no different from Luffy defeating Crocodile.

Junazard just fell victim to the biggest flaw of most villains: Getting way too cocky.

I felt Hongou died a few times to many here but still a great fight.
    Last edited by Juvar; May 29th, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: finally caught up
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Now...if only Akisame is not there to pull a miracle bring back to life operation...He isn't!...wait...checking all panels since this crusade started just to make sure...oh wait... Shit! Mio's daddy was...maybe still there...there could still be a miracle back to life operation for Hongou...I hope it doesn't go that way...please...please...please.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    I felt Hongou died a few times to many here but still a great fight.
    I'll just say that the "technique to move your internal organs" was a little bit too much lol

But I guess it's better than Hongou making a pact with a Shinigami like Apachi did, which is still one of the most badass moments ever in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Genocider Syo View Post
    I'll just say that the "technique to move your internal organs" was a little bit too much lol
    It's not like it's new, Sakaki taught it to Kenichi and he has used it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjH...HeS3CkOuWTE7Gg

godhandfistleghandtwistlkdfjdfblergh
    eaf4e9

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlucarDraculA View Post
    It's not like it's new, Sakaki taught it to Kenichi and he has used it before.
    What I like about this is it gives Sakaki's fight, the one in that arc with Apachi, a point. It makes it the only master fight in that arc with a point, but hey one out of three ain't bad.

Heck, what I'm loving about this fight is that I've seen how a battle between master can go wrong so many times, and this one finally got it right. Funny that the trick was to give the fight actual tension and an enemy that was introduced before the start of the arc. It seems so obvious in hindsight.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

If Junazard dies this is really bad. I need his face to turn old and then become 2x stronger.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

what's up with jenezard's master being a gorilla like beast. Fight is nice though.You guys know to never to count out a guy on the verge of death .Apachai lived and so can Hongo

Quote Originally Posted by RPG KING View Post
    what's up with jenezard's master being a gorilla like beast. Fight is nice though.You guys know to never to count out a guy on the verge of death .Apachai lived and so can Hongo
    Apachai surviving really pissed me off I mean after having the imagery of "making a deal with the reaper" for a couple of seconds of movement he really should have died.
    So I hope Hongo stays down dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjH...HeS3CkOuWTE7Gg

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information