+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Bug Help

Default Computer Bug Help

Hi MF

Default Re: Computer Bug Help

I use the last two but haven't heard of the first one yet. How good is it?

It picked up crap that Best Buy's Geek Squad and the other two couldn't, and it kept my home page from being changed without my permission.
    Hi MF

Alright, guess that'll bring my programs up to four (with AVG).

AVG is kinda buggy. I couldn't even get on internet because it had conflicts with some other anti-virus program. I checked out forums on internet and AVG seemed to give errors with other anti-virus programs as well. Now i use Kaspersky antivirus and it works great :D

not free, but I pay for trnd micro pc chillin, and it's great. it always warns me if i go to a shady web page.

I recently DL'd uniblue registry booster as well. suposed to help tidy up your registry.

I use AVG for main viruses and Spybot for Adware,Spyware,etc.
    Spybot is a great free program and actually helped me in alot of the PC problems I have had lately.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Ok, help.

I just used SAS to get rid of a bunch of viruses that I apparently just picked up today, rebooted my computer, and now nothing is running. SuperAntiSpyware and other exe files aren't running, and pictures aren't showing up

help
    Hi MF

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

tried reeboting in safemode or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

You probably had a virus in autorun.exe and chose to delete it. Not exactly sure how to fix that... I just remember hearing this as a problem from someone.

ok, i have riva flv converter. i've used it before fine. now i open it, and it doens't load the program properly. it looks like it got frozen, but it is not frozen. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling. even redownloading. It still comes up frozen. I've done 2 virus scans. My pc is bug free. I don't understand why it is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    ok, i have riva flv converter. i've used it before fine. now i open it, and it doens't load the program properly. it looks like it got frozen, but it is not frozen. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling. even redownloading. It still comes up frozen. I've done 2 virus scans. My pc is bug free. I don't understand why it is not working.
    Maybe it wasn't registered?? i.e. a trial version
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Maybe it wasn't registered?? i.e. a trial version
    if i am not wrong its supposed to be free.

anyway just a tip for everyone.
    if you think that some file contains virus but your anti-virus is not detecting it. then upload it to www.virustotal.com and get it scanned by about 40 AV and know for sure if its a virus or not

hey, I'm having problems with my internet, and i'm wondering if part of my hardware is to blame. I remember hearing you can go somewhere on your pc and it will check all your parts and tell you if they are ok. how do you do that?

for a couple of weeks now, the internet will run fine, then get really laggy, then run fine, then take forever to load a page...etc. all my roomate's computers are fine though, so we figure it has something to do with just my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    hey, I'm having problems with my internet, and i'm wondering if part of my hardware is to blame. I remember hearing you can go somewhere on your pc and it will check all your parts and tell you if they are ok. how do you do that?

for a couple of weeks now, the internet will run fine, then get really laggy, then run fine, then take forever to load a page...etc. all my roomate's computers are fine though, so we figure it has something to do with just my pc.
    How long are the laggy periods? Are we talking minutes, hours ? Also, are you on a wireless network or hooked up directly to the router?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofSarus View Post
    S7evin is such a badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    You are nice and bad-ass at the same time, S7evin.

mm, half an hour, to an hour. then it will be fine for say half an hour. and I'm on a wireless connection. I have a really powerful wireless card with 3 antennas, and like I said my roomates are not having troubles.

my computer is old though. I still use DDR ram. My friend just gave me a new stick to help speed up my pc a bit.

Anyone know how to get rid of this virus?

Hidden:

It keeps giving me popups and is pretending to be a security thing. And my Norton 360 isn't doing anything about it. Help. D: It already killed my mom's computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sai-chan View Post
    Anyone know how to get rid of this virus?

It keeps giving me popups and is pretending to be a security thing. And my Norton 360 isn't doing anything about it. Help. D: It already killed my mom's computer.
    Malwarebytes?
    I had something similar, and that worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
    Ouch. That one's a bitch. But the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program ought to take care of it. This site should give you the instructions to help you get rid of the virus if it's the same one I'm thinking about.

If Malwarebytes doesn't fix it for whatever reason, then download and run Combofix. It should take care of the virus, and anything else that might be lurking on your PC. Both programs are free, by the way.

Make sure to backup your files before using either of these programs, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream-of-Chicken View Post
    Malwarebytes?
    I had something similar, and that worked for me.
    Could you give me an explanation? >3<

EDIT: Okay, I tried downloading it several times, and nothing happened. D:
    Last edited by Sai-chan; March 14th, 2010 at 02:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information