+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Bug Help

Default Re: Computer Bug Help

ooh. let me know what they say.

I'm wondering which system is running on your computer Mokenda Mint?

There's a problem with my disk drive.

DVDs won't play on it, and although newer games like Civilization V will work, older discs like Oblivion won't be seen.

All the advice I've found online was to pirate an .iso file or uninstall the disk drive software and reinstall it, but I don't particularly want to do them.

Having some problems accessing msn and my emails.

Basically whenever I try to log onto that I get 'service is down. Error Code 8100030d'

and then when I try to go onto hotmail or any other microsoft pages I just get 'Problem Loading Page. Make sure you are connected.'

Now I know other people are online atm so I don't know if it's a problem on my end or what. I tried looking at my firewall and it's on trusted sites/programs so.

my msn is working. try downloading the new version. i know i've had problems in the past until I DL'd the latest version. also, google that error message and it will explain what is wrong. I think that is the error for no internet connection. check and make sure your password is entered.

Anyone got any good recommendations for Anti-Virus software?

I currently have Kaspersky and it's pretty dire. Uses a ton of CPU usage (remember when I was complaining about this before. It was Kaspersky using 50-80 constantly.) and attempts to combat anything. Want to watch a DVD? Kaspersky doesn't think so!

Want to uninstall Kaspersky and ? HELL NO! Kaspersky will run and combat it! Sometimes causing the computer to overheat and switch off! Yaaay!

I've used McAfee in the past a few times. Although got annoyed by the constant need it had of registering. When I tried to register it said I was already registered.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

All AV programs are going to hit your CPU hard. If your computer is overheating & shutting down, that's a hardware problem, not a software problem(unless it's 50-80% all the time, not just when running scans)

As for not being super-intrusive, the freebie version of AVG seems ok on that score.

Try SUPERAntiSpyware.

i thought avast was pretty good at not eating up all your ram.

i'm using windows defender on my netbook and AVG on my desktop.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

It's not ram that's causing his problems, it sounds like his computer is either not properly ventilated, or the fans/cpu itself is dodgy.

Last time I had an anti-virus program take up 50-80% of the CPU was Avira on my old 600 MHz Pentium 3. If your computers is about as fast you might have a hard time finding a program that isn't occupying your entire CPU all the time.

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Anyone got any good recommendations for Anti-Virus software?

I currently have Kaspersky and it's pretty dire. Uses a ton of CPU usage (remember when I was complaining about this before. It was Kaspersky using 50-80 constantly.) and attempts to combat anything. Want to watch a DVD? Kaspersky doesn't think so!

Want to uninstall Kaspersky and ? HELL NO! Kaspersky will run and combat it! Sometimes causing the computer to overheat and switch off! Yaaay!

I've used McAfee in the past a few times. Although got annoyed by the constant need it had of registering. When I tried to register it said I was already registered.
    What's your set up?

Have you ever opened up your computer to clean out dust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

For some reason my vista c drive is full even when I delete stuff it still fills up even when I don't download anything. Can someone help please this is annoying.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Narutossss View Post
    For some reason my vista c drive is full even when I delete stuff it still fills up even when I don't download anything. Can someone help please this is annoying.
    Temp cleaner run as adminstrator. Dont modify any options. just select drive and clean

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    Temp cleaner run as adminstrator. Dont modify any options. just select drive and clean
    thanks that freed up alot of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    All AV programs are going to hit your CPU hard. If your computer is overheating & shutting down, that's a hardware problem, not a software problem(unless it's 50-80% all the time, not just when running scans)

As for not being super-intrusive, the freebie version of AVG seems ok on that score.
    Sorted it. Forcefully removed Kaspersky and reinstalled it. Works (kinda) like a dream now.

And yeah. The fans on this thing are rubbish. Whoever thought of putting fans on the bottom of the laptop instead of on the side -_-

you got an HP too didn't you? :\

I'm having a bit of a problem with my computer. Actually, it is more of a problem with my browser. Seemingly randomly, my browser(Firefox) will start overloading my CPU and the temperature of my computer shoots up to 130+ degrees. This happens for a minute and then things go back to normal. I tried using a different browser(Chrome), and it did the same thing. This just started happening recently. So my questions are: why is this happening and is there a better browser that doesn't have this sort of issue?

So since my Windows XP PC was last fixed from a virus around a year ago, I've not had any sound at all. Until now I could live with it but today I found I can't play my new Assassin's Creed game without working sound. As in, the game won't even start.

Long story short, the computer couldn't find the sound card (I've got built in speakers by the way). So I downloaded the latest driver (Realtek High Definintion) and rebooted my PC. When it reloaded I noticed that the sound icon appeared in the bottom right hand try for the first time since I lost sound. Also when I open itunes I no longer get a warning message telling me there is a fault with my sound system. This would all be great, but there's still no sound and I don't know what to do next.

Anyone had this issue before?
    Just your average Sherlock/Eragon/Game of Thrones/One Piece/Harry Potter/Dr Who/Supernatural fan

My blog: http://companion-in-training.tumblr.com/

Hi guys.

This started 2 days ago and it's really annoying. obviously (and fortunately), this is one of the few sites i can open. I can't open facebook, twitter, yahoo mail/yahoo messenger, and a lot more. Torrent is not downloading also. I already scanned the computer using avast, threatfire, and malwarebytes (quick scans though and in safe mode) and no virus/malware appeared. I also did system restore, and I still cannot open some sites. And I can only browse at night LoL. I consider 2 possibilities:

1. my laptop is infected by some freaking virus.
    2. internet service provider is having problems. (though i called them and they said they really are having problems throughout the country)

I'm just paranoid that my laptop has a virus and I can't do anything about it right now. :) So please can someone tell me that the problem is really the internet provider? :D

(btw, I can only open some sites at night/midnight, at noon, I can't open anything.)

thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information