Default Re: CCC's Sculpts

Very cool! I love watching the progress pics! XD
    dechanique.com // includes portals to y-gallery, deviantart and my webcomic
    Traveling Sketchbook 2.0!
    Taking $15 pencil sketch commissions! PM me :B

Quote Originally Posted by dechanique View Post
    Very cool! I love watching the progress pics! XD
    Thanks! I was hoping at least one person would appreciate them. That makes it all worth it.

Here's another non-OP sculpt that I just finished: Dr. Albert Wily, of the classic Rock/Mega Man series.

Awesome lighting shot:

Progress shots:

Top View:

Close-up:

that rocks!!!!

holy shit!

you're getting pretty good

Why do I love your sculpts so much? <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

Dr.Wily is one of your best IMO. Great talent i envy you..

"Kochira... Kizaru..."

No major problems with this guy. The decision not to include his mantle (and epaulettes) was because it wouldn't have fit physically with the other figures on the display. Notable features include his textured jew-fro-ish hair (not really observable here), Denden Mushi wrist communicator, body and arm chunk being reformed by "light," facial hair drawn on with a pencil, and sunglasses whose lenses are triple-layered cellophane (that was a bitch to pull off- it involved super glue). Now I just have to wait another year or two for Akainu and his color scheme; then my admiral display will be complete.

In other news, I hate stripes.

Im in awe. It's amazing how well you did his face, considering how realistic it is.
    I too like when you take progress pics. You made me consider starting scupting aswell. I've done small figures before, but that Kaku really inspired me to do something bigger!
    How long do they usually take to make?

Nice tints.

16 awesome

Quote Originally Posted by El Pinguino View Post
    How long do they usually take to make?
    Simpler ones (Aokiji, Foxy, etc.) have taken 8-10 hours each, while the really big projects (Kaku, Moria) take upwards of 20 hours. Usually I spread the work over several days though.

to put it simply, you rock!

I don't wanna!! Devilfruitgrower's Avatar
    Some small town that you drive through to get to Chicago

Extermely impressive, how did you gethe facial hair to work?

Thanks E1n for the sig, and Traitor_Jim for the refine.

Why are you so awesome?
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

I fricken love the Moria! It looks official!

If you've seen my avatar over the past week, then you've seen these already!

This one's a bit different. I started with the 4 inch tall bust and made the neck peg-like so as to support the different heads. Then I made each head, one at a time, pushing them down onto the peg so that once hardened, they would slide right on again.

In order, left to right, top to bottom, we have:
    -Takoyaki eyes (chapter 492, page 16)
    -"No effect" (chapter 279, page 12, and chapter 518, page 5)
    -"Gomu Gomu no Bou" (chapter 281, page 18)
    -"Kokoro Baasan, a mermaid?" (chapter 491, page 3)
    -Beat-up after dropping the cash (chapter 325, page 13)
    -"Hey, did you eat all the meat?" (chapter 170, page 12)

The heads are, obviously, interchangeable, and as such, I may make more in the future.

Here's a preview of what's next:
    Spoiler:

Kid or Gear 3rd I'm guessing

Wohooooooo, absolutely rocking :3 I like the beat up one the best :3
    I think that is the base for Kidd :D

those are sooo awesome! you're really good!!

Good luck with Kidd.. all those little metal parts would be tough if you ask me

John Giant

i personally thought it was basil hawkins............the moment he turns into the voodoo monster and tries attacking kizaru with the nails..........could be wrong though

(if it is kidd then im sure the detail on the metal arm will be seriously hard)

either way im sure its gonna be SUPER!

I don't wanna!! Devilfruitgrower's Avatar
    Some small town that you drive through to get to Chicago

I LOVE the facial expressions, and good luck with Kidd!

Thanks E1n for the sig, and Traitor_Jim for the refine.

Usually I enjoy myself when doing these (why have a hobby that's not fun?) but Kidd was terrible. As [almost] always, you can't tell from the pictures, but the enormous arm caused inumerable problems (mostly due to the fact that my oven wasn't tall enough for it), and nearly every piece of junk on the arm fell/was ripped off multiple times. Even now the whole thing is teetering back and forth, and I will most likely be awoken in the middle of the night to a blood-curdling crash.

But enough doom and gloom. I got the pictures, so even if it were to blow up now the evidence that it once existed is here. He's 18 inches tall to the tip of the ring finger rifle barrel, tying with Kaku for the tallest fcking thing I've ever made.

In the spoiler tab you'll find lots of progress pictures, alternate angles, and a spread of all the arm junk.

Here's the junk index, going row by row, left to right, starting at the top row:
    Row 1: Purple Hilt Knife (across chest), Generic Pistol (also on chest), Random Wheel, Random Gear 2, Fat-Barreled Rifle, Normal Handcuffs, Short Piping, Long Piping, Cannon Segment 1

Row 2: Japanese Carpenter's Saw, Generic Sword, Fan Propeller 1, Random Gear 2, Tubing 1, Generic Plate 1, Small-link Chain

Row 3: Hubcap(no cars in OP? huh?), Large Axe, Stacked Plating 1, Large-link Chain, Crocodile's Poison Hook, Modern Art Ying Yang, Screwed Plate, Vented Plate, O-Ring

Row 4: Hand Mortar 1, Saber, Kairouseki Cuffs, Fan Propeller 2, Broken Propeller, Handled Cap, Gladius Dagger, Big Nut, Wire-link Chain, Smoker's Jutte, Anchor

Row 5: Snub-nose Six Shooter, Batarang, Tubing 2, Kunai, Generic Plate 2, Grooved Plate, Mario's Metal Cap, Land Mine, Sea Mine, Gin's Balled Tonfa, Stacked Plates 2

Row 6: Hookshot, Scimitar, Megaton Hammer, Screw Attack, Franky's Nose, Jango's Chakram, Cricket's Gold Bell, Cricket's Gold South Bird (but not really gold), Dalton's Odd Weapon

Row 7: Battle Franky XX's Tom Skewering Harpoon, DK's Steel Barrel, Hand Mortar 2

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information