+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 454 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

KatanaJon

Default Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

How many of you have read Jojo?

I finished part 3 last week, and it was a hell of an ending.

I've read all the way up to the first 4 books of part 4. And I can honestly say... It's the best action manga I've ever read!! (well one of them) (Jotaro ownz all)

JoJo is like crack and coffee. I love it. It's the only other Manga I collect.

JoJo Series 3 and Series 5 are considered to be the best. I love the Series 3 gang and Series 5 is just crazy with Dio's son as the main character.

I saw this really bad "Hong Kong" fansub of the second JoJo OVA series. The translation was so bad it was just AWESOME. You gotta love the fact that they translated its Episode 2 title as "The Fate of the Pope" when it had absolutely nothing to do with religion. Haha.

Valiantt

I only read up to part 1 T-T, sounds pretty good so far. Though collecting this serie might take a WHILE XD (80 books or whatnot..)

TheUprightMan83

I read up to the second book of part 4. The best part for me would have to be part 3, it has the best characters by a long shot.

I'm a Jojo's fan (I like the anime, manga, and video games). My favorite character is Kakyoin...he's one of my top characters of all time (from any manga/anime series).

I'm mostly only familiar with series 3 though (since the 2D Capcom fighting games and anime were based on it). I haven't read all of the other Jojo series.

I LOVE part 3. The Jojo gang, Vanilla Ice, the D'Arby bros.......everyone is just damn cool.

The first two aren't as good imo, and the latter two heroes look like punks. Though I really hope someone scans part 4. Josuke looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Feb 18 2005, 02:30 PM
    I LOVE part 3. The Jojo gang, Vanilla Ice, the D'Arby bros.......everyone is just damn cool.

The first two aren't as good imo, and the latter two heroes look like punks. Though I really hope someone scans part 4. Josuke looks cool.
    [snapback]4020[/snapback]
    Haha, I can't get over Josuke's hair. But the villian in 4 ROCKS. A rich good-looking psychopath in a suit (like Christian Bale in American Psycho ) that keeps a woman's hand in a jar and collects his fingernails.

5 is great though. The other members of GioGio's gang are pretty cool and one of the stands is called Aerosmith that is *ding ding* a fighter plane.

Sorry if you guys counted this as dead, but I thought it'd be better to bring this back instead creating a new one.

So it turns out that Part IV was actually online at higher voltage.
    Bad move, bub!

azuma joestar

heh heh
    I have almost all of the part III manga but I cant read any of it :'( lol
    Part I & II were awesome, how Dio came to be and how Joseph became the great adventurer that was... it's frickin sweet!
    Kinda wish I could read Part IV and VI cause Jotaro appears in both
    I wanna read part V just cause Polnareff is beating some serious ass while in a wheel chair
    Oh and in Golden wind,
    *spoilers*

Polnareff shows up in one level... You play as him in a wheelchair and they play his music from the fighting game :D
    Anyone play the jojo's rpg on the SNES also?

P....Polnareff?! Argh, the spoilers! :P

Higher voltage has part in .rar form (scan quality sucks ass though).

I checked out that RPG, but it didn't make sense to me, and I stopped playing after a few minutes.
    Bad move, bub!

azuma joestar

Awww crap I forgot about that >_<

i have read to the end of jojo part three and must say that it tops part two slightly on the jojo totem pole imo. I just love how star platinum breaks the world and how he stops time
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

KatanaJon

SPOILERS

I just love how Jojo defeats Cars. He tells Cars he planned it just to piss him off.

I&#39;m still to see the OVA of part 3. THEN I&#39;ll go to part 4.

I also have yet to see the OVA. Damn STA and their overpriced dvds...
    Bad move, bub!

azuma joestar

The OVA for the second half of part 3 is awesome
    the whole battle with darby looks so awesome animated
    The whole thing where he starts getting nervous, when he convulses and pases out is so awesome :D

i have the whole series (at least what&#39;s out in japan)
    here&#39;s my rating for the series excluding part 7 cause it isn&#39;t done yet

part 3: must read. one of the best series in manga ever.
    part 2: gotta love the main character.
    part 4: some people don&#39;t like it as much cause it&#39;s all based in one city
    part 5: all right... i wanted to see more "purple haze"
    part 1: classic
    part 6: sucked big time...

part 7 is starting off really good. it&#39;ll probably be one of the top three.

ooshi78
    "Listen, you can send a stripper to my party if you like. It won't affect me because, as you can see, I am appearing naked, which I always try to do because I'm kind of a natural guy."

-kermit the frog

KatanaJon

Originally posted by ooshi78@Apr 18 2005, 01:52 PM
    i have the whole series (at least what&#39;s out in japan)
    here&#39;s my rating for the series excluding part 7 cause it isn&#39;t done yet

part 3: must read. one of the best series in manga ever.
    part 2: gotta love the main character.
    part 4: some people don&#39;t like it as much cause it&#39;s all based in one city
    part 5: all right... i wanted to see more "purple haze"
    part 1: classic
    part 6: sucked big time...

part 7 is starting off really good. it&#39;ll probably be one of the top three.

ooshi78
    [snapback]33415[/snapback]

Part 7 is Steel Ball Run, which is a spinoff. It&#39;s not actually Jojo.

I thought SBR was only one volume.

I&#39;ve read the first 5 volumes of IV so far. Good, but I can tell it&#39;s not going to top III.
    Bad move, bub!

steel ball run has 4 volumes so far. they&#39;re doing 2 book releases with SBR so 5,6 should be coming out soon. Hirohiko officially says that SBR isn&#39;t jojo part 7 because he want&#39;s new readers to be able to enjoy the manga without knowing the whole series. Semi officially it&#39;s a prequel, set in the 1800&#39;s with all the ancestors of familiar characters making a apperance. it&#39;s kind of interesting because although you know who the main characters are, you don&#39;t really know which ones are bad/good. everybody&#39;s just kind of in it for themselves.
    ooshi78
    "Listen, you can send a stripper to my party if you like. It won't affect me because, as you can see, I am appearing naked, which I always try to do because I'm kind of a natural guy."

-kermit the frog

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information