+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 533 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel Awesome, AVGN, and other web review shows

Default Channel Awesome, AVGN, and other web review shows

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/

This guy is fucking hilarious. Ive only watched his Nostalgia Critic videos so far: Pokemon The Movie, Space Jam, Drug Special, Batman and Robin, and Super Mario Bros

I have a headache from loosing so many tears from laughter...

Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses

I'm glad someone opened a thread about this guy, he's the best Internet comedian sketch artist to get on the Internet since the AVGN, and he's much better. I like how they're actually fighting each other now. Anyone seen his "Captain Planet" video? He just said everything I felt about the show when I was 7 in a good 20 or so mintues.

Bookmarking...........

I stumbled upon him a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if I'd say he's better than AVGN, but he definitely offers a nice alternative. Plus his site is updated a lot considering videos make up most of his content.

BTW, the Batman and Robin one is by far the best. No contest. Bat Credit Card...

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

He tries too hard to be funny, I wasn't impressed with any of the videos.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

^I kinda felt that way with some of his videos. I personally didn't like his SFII movie review much, but I like how he highlited the 'CHANGE THE CHANNEL' line.
    I shudder to watch his TMNT movie reviews, but I'll give them a quick watch anyways.
    Oh and I liked his MK movie review.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

The nostalgia reviews tended to piss me off, even with the shows/movies I didn't like or never saw.

The bum reviews felt like a poor imitation of Ask A Ninja, complete with the stitched together takes. I smiled when he called Eve and egg during the Wall-E video, but he didn't make the obvious connection after the earlier joke calling Wall-E a chicken. He went right up to it with the "which came first" gag, but completely skipped over it.

If it was a live taping it would have been forgivable; what a wasted opportunity!
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Nostalgia Critic is the shit. He pretty much says what I've always thought about some lameass movies and shows, and even the ones I liked.

I dont like his Bum Reviews, but i like NC and his randoms

Like the one "How i quit my job"

yup i saw it earlier. I liked that show too, had no idea Marc had OCD

This thread prompted me check it out, and I must say I love it! I too have only seen the nostalgia segments, but I'll try and check out some of his other stuff. I loved his review of Pokemon the First Movie and Power Rangers. I think he was too hard on Space Jam though. Sure it was a sell-out movie, but I think it was still good and I still like it to this day.

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

No, he was absolutely correct about Space Jam.

Even through I'm a Power Rangers fan, I loved his review on the MMPR movie. I watch his review for Batman & Robin for the first time yesterday. I die of laughing because it was pretty true about that movie watching years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Even through I'm a Power Rangers fan, I loved his review on the MMPR movie. I watch his review for Batman & Robin for the first time yesterday. I die of laughing because it was pretty true about that movie watching years later.
    Yeah, I was a Power Rangers kid when I was growing up, as well as a Pokemon kid. I have to say even as a kid, and even though I liked those shows, I think even then I realized a lot of the utter stupidity present in them. I only saw Batman and Robin once, when I was like 10 years old so I barely remember any of it. Regardless, the Nostalgia Critic's reviews of all three of them were hilarious.

I also liked his "Top 11 Naughtiest Moments of Animaniacs." Heh heh, "Finger Prince."

New

Nostagia Critic: 3 Ninjas
    Bum Reviews: Dark Knight

The top 11 animated Hotties is up. xD

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...animated-women

Out to Lunch was priceless

Good one NC, though Jessica was a given. I say Jasmine for #1...dont kill me

Ariel, actually, is the only animated redhead that I find to be outrageously sexy (not including anime).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information