+ Reply to Thread
Page 309 of 314 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 6280

Thread: Bakuman

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Default Re: Bakuman

Who's that guy on page 308 in this thread?
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    So... its nothing about the ending, you just want the series to run for another five years, is what you're saying.

That at least I can understand.
    Five years is an overstatement, but I was hoping for a year. That was, of course, before I came to accept that it was ending right before the official announcement was made.

As I said, the fact that we want it to continue means Ohba accomplished his goal as a writer (Ohba does the writing, right? Or did I mix them up again?)

I'm sure everyone will calm down and realize they can simply reread the series to continue seeing this wonderful characters. In the end, that's what is boils down to. Hardcore fans get so attached to the characters that it's hard to see them go, but nothing can last forever. And Bakuman ended right where it needed to.

can we have a spin off about eiji now
    Hi MF

Did the bonus Otters chapter get published in any of the trades between 10 and 17? If not, that could be used to fill some of the extra space in the final volume.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    can we have a spin off about eiji now
    I'd prefer Hirimaru.

Actually, I'd prefer the entire side cast, and leave Mashiro and Takagi out entirely.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

I could not stand seeing Hirimaru taking up page space no reason every chapter at one point(I think they stopped after realizing this).
    A whole manga based on him? Pass
    Homewrecker is where it's at.

My Verdict: Amazing manga-ka manga, kind of average romance manga. To those that want to see the life a manga-ka after marriage, Head on over to crunchyroll and watch Kaasan: A Mom's life.

The Real Fighters!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I could not stand seeing Hirimaru taking up page space no reason every chapter at one point(I think they stopped after realizing this).
    A whole manga based on him? Pass
    Homewrecker is where it's at.
    Please. That guy made every page he was on!

What I would like is a spinoff showing Bakuman from the rest of Team Fukuda's perspective, which is essentially what Robby said, only I would like cameos from the main cast here and there.

I think that would work as an spin-off anime but not a manga.
    I'd like to read some of those Bakuman manga chapters like the Otters 11 special.
    Give me one chapter of PCP, Crow or Zombie Gun already!

Spoiler:

A Hiramaru spin off would be the perfect masterpiece of Ohba and Obata duo's career. As such, it cannot exist.

But it would be nice to see them remember Bakuman from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Did the bonus Otters chapter get published in any of the trades between 10 and 17? If not, that could be used to fill some of the extra space in the final volume.
    It didn't appear in the trades, as far as I know. But it is sold as bonus to the Bakuman art/databook Charaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    But Silverblade, may I ask why you're calling it Shonen Jack. Are you just making a reference to them calling it that in the Bakuman anime?
    A-yup, it started from there. A friend of mine was watching the anime, and he liked what a fitting name it was to mock Shueisha's policies. I got it from him, and over time it became more of habit than anythingelse.

So all I know is that Bakuman is actually over. I'm really tempted to read the last two chapters, but I'm on Alpha...

I did a little searching for the DVDs since I've heard the episodes from the first set online and thought the dub was really good months ago and found out that Media Blasters actually put the second set on hold due to low sales. I went ahead and got the first set since I wasn't helping by waiting for more sets to come out.

It sucks but I guess it makes sense the anime wouldn't sell too well over here, while the manga seems to be doing great for VIZ, what with the monthly releases and all. What confuses me though is that a Blu-Ray for "Season 1 Part 1", containing the first 13 episodes is due for release next month, meaning it'll contain episodes of the series exclusively on the Blu-Ray. I don't have a Blu-Ray Player so there's no way I could support the anime series apart from already getting the first set...It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    So all I know is that Bakuman is actually over. I'm really tempted to read the last two chapters, but I'm on Alpha...

I did a little searching for the DVDs since I've heard the episodes from the first set online and thought the dub was really good months ago and found out that Media Blasters actually put the second set on hold due to low sales. I went ahead and got the first set since I wasn't helping by waiting for more sets to come out.

It sucks but I guess it makes sense the anime wouldn't sell too well over here, while the manga seems to be doing great for VIZ, what with the monthly releases and all. What confuses me though is that a Blu-Ray for "Season 1 Part 1", containing the first 13 episodes is due for release next month, meaning it'll contain episodes of the series exclusively on the Blu-Ray. I don't have a Blu-Ray Player so there's no way I could support the anime series apart from already getting the first set...It's ridiculous.
    I have a Blu-Ray player and will be getting it. But I understand what you mean. I think they should have made a DVD set with the same amount of episodes and not just the first 7. Plus, the DVD quality was pretty low, to be honest. Still, as you said, how can you support it if it's not available for your form of media? I used to not own a Blu-Ray player, so I understand how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Please.
    No thanks.

Thank you Bakuman. Im going to miss reading this manga every week.
    Bravo for the ending.

HEROMAN... ATTACK!!

Volume 12 or volume 18? Now I don't now which one is the best.

Oh Hiramaru, you crazy dude!

Spoiler:

The cover to 12 was fun, but 18 is definitely the better one.

Hirimaru is becoming a digimon lead character!

Nice cover ! Great composition as usual :)
    I hope that since the series ended, the french publication will catch up fast. 10th is the last that was published here.
    and , from Sanji's Harem Petit Chara Land 's set, are up for grabs. 630 each. PM me~

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabeth Heart View Post
    Nice cover ! Great composition as usual :)
    I hope that since the series ended, the french publication will catch up fast. 10th is the last that was published here.
    Its quite possible. The English release is speeding up considerably, from quarterly, to bi-monthly, and now its going to be monthly for the next several volumes, at least 11-15.

First of all I just want to say the person who made a tumblr account to express his opinions had a lot of valid points in his arguments (such as that most people will think a romance like that is crazy, though to each their tastes as the manga points out), though overall I think he's going way overboard and that the romance was part of a strong backbone to the story (the career and side characters were far more important to me though). Anyway I can appreciate he was probably ignored completely because of his way of expressing himself. (Also, why does he call the author and artist mysogenistic? And then he tails it off with a joke about Mashiro trying to rape Azuki...? Now that's mysogenistic.) I would agree with him that the author has a warped ideal of romance, except given the 60 billion lives that have passed on this Earth I'm sure a few million have had experiences like this, and it is sweet when it happens and noone does or flakes off in the meantime (which happened to Mashiro's uncle).

Anyway, I'll justify the feelings I have on the ending, (also not sure why Robby said Bury wanted 5 years... (I very much doubt he does)) since I don't find myself to be greedy because I feel an otherwise good ending of a fantastic manga was unfulfilling in part.

The last three chapters before the final chapter should have been six chapters to expand slightly on the directions the various characters were going and include a few more secondary and tertiary characters. Given their strong personalities and sometimes expansive arcs a slightly in-depth look at their own hopes and feelings would have been good rather than just a slice-of-life shot and their congratulations to the main characters. The ending chapter doesn't fulfill their developmental journey (secondary characters as previously mentioned being one of Bakuman's greatest strengths) other than as satellites to Mashiro and Azuki.
    This problem is magnified with Takagi. As Robby has pointed out the final chapter mirrors the first, with one exception, Takagi is missing. It's true maybe he doesn't belong there in the completion of the romance, but that goes true for the beginning too (except to show that he has grown enough not to need a crutch to propose to Azuki). Takagi is the secondary primary character, if it was the intent of the author to treat him as another satellite (something he accomplished for a few short moments (generally when the arcs were weaker as Mashiro and Takagi work better together with a dual focus)) to Mashiro and Azuki's journey, then he mostly failed at that; Takagi was a vital primary character for most of the manga, even though the PoV was primarily that of Mashiro. He was there at the start when their careers, their fates, their lives were enjoined in the promise Mashiro made to Azuki and he should be there in the fulfillment.

Regardless, I find it to be an acceptable, even good ending, that's disappointing in part - an ending to a fantastic manga of course.

Anyway, it's been nice to read all the reactions here to the ending, and I feel the funny epilogue video gave me some closure, except for the most important part - that Takagi should have been there at the end, but though that's disappointing I still love the story, and it's not an ending that weakens the story and characters that we've come to love and it certainly fulfills the romance (though I feel it'd fulfill their career arcs for Takagi to be there). I am very happy to have read this wonderful manga that they made together with all of you and to have read this otherwise good ending that I am thankful for having been made for us with the utmost care.
    I respect anyone who might disagree with me of course. And I wish everyone here and the author and artist and their associates and the readers the best.

Takagi being missing in the last chapter is not a huge deal... when he was on the last several pages of the previous chapter. He's at the end of the story as much as possible, except for the very last scene.

If you absolutely insist on a perfect mirror, he wasn't in the very first scene of the first chapter, which was about Mashiro and Miho... and didn't appear until 15 or 16 pages into the first chapter... (which WAS a double sized chapter) while Mashiro's uncle was on the first page.

Just consider the last two chapters a single double sized chapter and see if that soothes your problems.

And for the record, you're a new member so you wouldn't know.... we're ignoring Lion Chan because he's been aggressive and hateful about this series for a long time, and regularly makes very divisive arguments about it that pretty much no one agrees with.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information