+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 316 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316
Results 6,301 to 6,319 of 6319

Thread: Bakuman

Default Re: Bakuman

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I'm sorry, what the fuck? And you were actually a member I never had any gripes with and you come back and the first thing you do is this weird, uncalled for (and very outdated) roasting? What?

Two more things.

1. Yes, I hated Bakuman and still do, I think the main relationship is awful, poorly written and misogynistic in how it glorifies women being pure virgins and I don't care how much it paints in pretty "but it's their dream" colors. But whatever, people like what they like but I stand by this and even most people who like the series agree the relationship is weak INCLUDING yourself.

2. How does Akamatsu fucking up his own series make me a clown exactly? Did I own Negima? Because I really loved it? Did everyone else who love it get clowned? Is every manga/film/book/series/game that I like end horribly part of a conspiracy to clown me? Wow, it's a huge ass conspiracy then given how much shit I've seen that ended disappointingly. What a stupid remark.

I'm not gonna deny that I've had a checkered past on this forum but I like to think I've chilled out, try my best to hold my tongue and engage as respectfully as I can with my fellow members. I'm certainly not going to do that with asshats who try for uncalled for public humiliation though. What a poor return impression you've made, dick.
    He he he. Sorry, sorry, maybe a little bit uncalled for but... I just found it funny okay? And I know a lot of other people who find it funny. I'm not the only one who laughs at you behind your back about that you know? Other people have expressed in private that they found it funny as well, given how overly obsessed you were with that series to the point that everyone who knew you called you "The guy who really liked Negima... a lot...". So no it's really not that stupid of a remark given how other people share that feeling and will still not let you live that down.

And yeah it was kind of dickish... but again, against somebody who himself acted like a dick many times to other people for having "inferior opinions" and who... while I admit I liked you when I was younger and less experienced, over time I found you to be rather smug and full of yourself so... I guess I decided it needed to be said. I just... really didn't like seeing you going around bashing other people for liking series like Fairy Tail... and I know a lot of other people didn't either even though they (and myself actually) didn't even really like Fairy Tail. My general opinion of you, which is one that a lot of people share from what I can tell, is that while you do have good taste, you seem to believe that everyone who doesn't share your opinion is "objectively wrong" even if they themselves might have perfectly legit reasons for liking or not liking things that you do or don't like.

Your general thought process is that "Bad taste=Bad person" and a lot of people on this forum, including myself obviously, really kind of find you insufferable because of that. I know many people, both in real life and online, who I care about deeply who like things that I think are godawful (such as Fairy Tail, which my beloved best friend sadly likes... sadly). But... I don't care, that's there opinion and that's none of my business. It might be kind of sad that that's there opinion but... whatever I just leave it alone because I have better things to do with my life. Not so much with you, where you always seemed to just love bashing people for having different opinions then you thinking that they were somehow less then you because they liked things you didn't.

And again... a lot of people shared this opinion with me about you... a lot of people said that "TLC himself is proof that Good taste doesn't equal good quality person... since he has very good taste but is himself kind of an insufferable asshole". I mean... the thing that people like you don't get is that... being smart doesn't really matter if you act like an asshole most of the time. I know many people who like horrible, horrible things but... they're nice people and that's what matters to me. I would never stop being friends with somebody because they liked something that was crap. I'd much rather be friends with someone who was dumb but nice, then somebody who was smart but an asshole.

I mean, a lot of people just kind of got fed up with your "checkered past" and you going around bashing people for their tastes so... a lot of us still find it hilarious that your super special awesome amazing series got canceled abruptly because it meant that while you were bashing other people for their opinions all those years, your own series that... you may say you didn't own it but you sure as Hell acted like you owned it... had one of the worst and most abrupt endings in recent memory.

Sorry man just... a lot of us still don't really like you all that much and the main reason I think people keep you around is because you do in fact provide interesting discussions, even if you're always really arrogant. I just decided that somebody needed to call you out on it, because I still find it funny even after three years honestly. Also... this isn't my first post after 3 years... I've actually been posting semi-regularly for about a month or two now. Sorry if you think it's a poor return impression but... that's just you honestly, if you paid attention to some of the other discussion threads, like the Bleach thread, people have already noticed that I've been back for a month now and some people were very happy about it. Which made me glad... I've never thought of myself as a very good poster honestly, but some other people think I am, which I guess I'll take the compliments even though I myself don't agree with them. I always think that if you listen to people's compliments about yourself it gets to your head, like that's what happened with me a little bit and I don't think that was a good thing. So whatever, some people will like me, some people won't, I'll just be happy for the people that do like me.

And I'm going to be honest with you... I don't want to be a dick to you... I just remembered getting pissed off at some of the things you said and did to people in the Fairy Tail thread and I bit my tongue because I didn't want to get into an argument. But I've started to realize now that I'm back on this forum after three years that I'm not ever going to let anybody intimidate me. If I see bullshit coming from somebody I'm going to call them out on it from now on. So I just called you out on your own bullshit from three years back even though... I will admit I don't know how the past three years have been... you're right maybe you've gotten better, but I'm still new here after being gone a long time and I was just reminiscing about what a fuss you made in various threads, including this one.

I just found it funny is all, because those are some of my cherished memories of this forum and I decided to bring up how you were once someone who I respected and admired but... I later on realized that I was probably wrong to do that. I wasn't really trying to "publicly humiliate" you per say... more just mentioning how I decided I no longer thought of you as a poster I liked anymore... because I remember how people would mention their beefs with you and how I didn't understand why at first but... later on I kind of did. For all of the reasons above. That's it. Sorry man... really wasn't trying to put you on the spot there I just... realized I was wrong to have admired you in the past. And if... somebody who used to look up to you and used to think you were a really awesome poster well... if they later realized they were wrong because of the many times you shat on other people for their opinions, which goes against all my principals, then... well maybe just maybe the problem is you. Mkay?
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Shipmate

Thousand Lion-kun might have started many needlessly stubborn arguments, but I do not remember him ever attacking someone with a thinly veiled tl;dr review over a three year old grudge.

Dude, I don't know where the fuck this came from with you but you're not making a good impression on calling somebody out and bringing up shit that's years old for no fucking reason. I don't know where you think you get off a) speaking for the "majority", b) thinking it's okay to make posts with the intent of hurting people's feelings, c)be a judgmental prick and d)calling me an arrogant condescending dick when you're behaving no better right now but it's not fucking appreciated.

Like yeah, I saw you around thinking hey, I liked this guy, glad to see him come back. Didn't know he was frozen in the stone age and was apparently bearing a grudge even though we never had bad words with each other?

It's been three fucking years, get with the program.

What the hell Kareem? That's totally uncalled for random attacking of someone. However much you're burying it in a giant wall of text that's... not cool.

Keep in mind, I also loved Negima up until its terrible end and defended it regularly as well.

Bakuman... yeah, the relationship was always the weakest part. The whole thing would have been made mountains easier and more believable if it had just been a long distance relationship rather than something where they willfully hid from each other. (Like she goes off to college or something and for a career that requires a long time like doctor or something) Because only talking through texts and cheering each other on and getting by with what you can and only seeing each other once in a blue moon... those are sucky things LD relationships just have to deal with as par for the course... to have it be something they just choose to do and sort of not actually talk to each other intentionally? That's just... still weird and unhealthy even to this day. (And without backtracking to check I'm sure I defended the ending quite a bit *overall* but it was still kind of weak in general.)

But at the end of the day, I still love the series as a whole. But I'm moving in a week, and its one of the things I[m leaving behind in storage. I'd really *like* to bring it, but its just not got that priority or need to it. The creativity sessions and looking into the production was always top notch, as were the crew of regulars... but there was a lot of awful stuff in there too... and yeah, the sexism while forgivable up to a point as a "seen through a guy's POV" story, was pretty bad after a while... especially after tomboy Kaya just sort of became a housewife.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Here is the first special chapter.
    http://bato.to/read/_/345148/bakuman...by_jaiminisbox

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

With regards to Bakuman in general, well I've always loved it. Yeah I don't really care for the Miho/Mashiro thing either but the reason for that is the same reason I can not care and still like the manga: it really isn't very important to the series. Sure it's framed as the ultimate goal of the protagonist but eh, I pretty much just pretended his goal was to get an anime and the series was great. Another trick you can use is to pretend that Takagi and Mashiro are side characters and that the amazing cast of other characters in the series are the main characters. The main duo is just so boring.

With regard to the new chapter, Spoiler tag in case people haven't read it yet

Spoiler:
    New chapter and was pretty boring to be honest. Hiramaru showed up and made things slightly interesting but it turns out that writing a chapter about a bored middle schooler is really boring. Also I don't find it very believable that Takagi gets the best grades without studying at all, he just never comes across as very smart during the series.

You can tell these special chapters were made only because of editorial mandate.

I can't tell whether this manga is being serious about Takagi's emo musings. I mean, the philosophy of wanting to find a sincere and true friend is nice, but you're taking this philosophy up to eleven when you basically tell your friends that "you're not really a true friend because you won't die for me!". What the heck dude. No one has really called him out on that so I guess they're just portraying Takagi as a really cool kid, like in Bleach.

And I'm guessing that the reason why Takagi flipped out at his mother is that she told him to study. I don't remember any background or context on this issue, but out of context it really looks more like a tantrum than a man following his dream. (This 13 year old idea is starting to look really stupid isn't it)

Maybe mashiro's will be better?

Also, you don't call these people who think "you aren't a true friend" on their bullshit, they are letting you know that you don't have to be their best friend and that you should get some distance from them. You know, to not die. If they didn't value shouto friendship enough to be bothered by it, whatever. We know that the duo is emotionally unstable for a while.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Shipmate

Hiramaru was always the best. Young Niizuma was cute. Young yankee Fukuda was nowhere to see. So whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    You can tell these special chapters were made only because of editorial mandate.
    They make no secret out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    And I'm guessing that the reason why Takagi flipped out at his mother is that she told him to study. I don't remember any background or context on this issue, but out of context it really looks more like a tantrum than a man following his dream. (This 13 year old idea is starting to look really stupid isn't it)
    Takagi talked about his background in chapter 8 when they were going to Shueisha office for the first time.

Man that second special chapter only reminded me how much of a nothing character Miho was. To emphasize that in the 10 seconds it took to go from the chapter to this page I immediately forgot her name.

Wait, Mashiro was actually right about Shuuto having a crush on Miho?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    The main duo is just so boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    so I guess they're just portraying Takagi as a really cool kid, like in Bleach.
    Takagi was one of my favorites because he had the energy, the ideas, this smart yet slightly goofy kid who convinced Mashiro to even take up the manga business. And his relationship with Kaya was always a lot more fun and interesting to watch than Miho and Mashro.

If we're talking favorites, it's Hiramaru. Like....no contest. Hiramaru > all

Hattori is hands down the best one.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Hattori is hands down the best one.
    Hattori is the goddamn man.

I started reading Bakuman about a week ago, and I'm up to volume 3.

I really enjoy it, but doesn't it get kind of repetitive ?

No. New characters show up, and there's changing personal dynamics. The series is always at its strongest when discussing creative theory and techniques, and making comics is such a vast field full of things that it remain pretty interesting throughout.

Some of the subplots however... not so much.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Besides most of it's faults are easy to ignore in marathon format.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Murata, the artist of Eyeshield and One Punch Man redraw, referenced Bakuman during one of his live stream while drawing the cover for book 10 of OPM.

He was over come with joy when Eyeshield was mentioned in the Bakuman special, and said he contacted Gamou-sensei to give thanks.

Of course this was sort of a slip up, and he quickly followed up saying eh, not sure why I thanked Gamou sensei, obviously I should have been thanking Ohba sensei.

Hahaha, just yet another evidence to add to the pile of evidences.
    I wonder if Shuueisha and Ohba will ever come out or gonna keep playing this game till the end of time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information