+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 320 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 6387

Thread: General 'Haki' Discussion

  1. #1021

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Why would thick scales Give you the ability to catch on fire? Am I missing a link here or something?
    SANJI >THIS FRANKY FAMILY SHIT I KEEP HEARING ABOUT



  2. #1022
    Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albion

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    I'm pretty sure it's just a devil fruit ability.

  3. #1023

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    You mean the abilty given to all snakes of setting on fire.
    SANJI >THIS FRANKY FAMILY SHIT I KEEP HEARING ABOUT



  4. #1024
    Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Albion

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    No, I mean because it pretty much twins the strongest attack of her sister.

    Although thinking back that actually seems more like life return then anything else.
    Last edited by Darkstorm; August 23rd, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

  5. #1025

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    You mean the abilty given to all snakes of setting on fire.

    That's why the other Boa sister was feeling pain after being burned by the flames

  6. #1026
    Jim13ei
    Guest

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Yeah I think that marigold and her setting on fire has really to do with Haki and it would explain why Sanji isn't burning himself. Sanersonia was burned from the fire. I think it is cuz of her different Haki.

    Maybe Sanji has the same or similar Haki to Marigold and Zoro may have the prediction Haki of Sandersonia

  7. #1027
    Novonary Marvel *Meh*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Day 51

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Sanji's legendary heat resistance comes largely from a lifetime spent in the kitchen. Go back and review his dialogue with Pearl in vol. 7.
    To lose every trace of our vices would be no different than to lose every trace of our virtues. We would lose our humanity either way.

  8. #1028
    I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by *Meh* View Post
    Sanji's legendary heat resistance comes largely from a lifetime spent in the kitchen. Go back and review his dialogue with Pearl in vol. 7.
    And Oda said that it was his heart.

    You wanna know what else lies in the heart?
    Hidden:
    Ambition
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

  9. #1029

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    The word is "Kingbition".

    Learn this.
    UsoppSpell!
    On the eve of spoilerificaiton, you will wait until you remember it's break week.


  10. #1030
    Pokémon Master brennen.exe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    La Mirada

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by UsoppSpell View Post
    The word is "Kingbition". Learn this.
    Odd. You aren't even using your own term and mixing up another? It should be "willforce". "Kingbition" is what Luffy and Hancock have.

  11. #1031

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    I used to think (by way of grandeur delusions) that Spirit can make you Godlike and invincible, but now that I see powerful people in weak circumstances, I believe that it's limited use. The same goes as well for super-strength. Rayleigh is a superhuman when he uses his Spirit, but he had to be rescued by a little Hachi. I'm thinking that his will and endurance was drained by being adrift on the sea, so he became helpless. Roger makes an example as well. If he had been in his full Spirit, his body would be impenatrable (although I'm assuming the executioners were using regular blades and the executioners aren't super). However, without putting in his will, his body is just a human's. There were also times when Luffy got hurt by relatively weak attacks, and seemed to get pushed around easily, but when he goes full-power... we know what happens. It's as if their Spirit and Strength have to be summoned, rather than strong people automatically having it.

    DF's are obviously different. Logias (and Marco) are normally invulnerable, and some paramecias are invulnerable to some attacks. Zoans don't get any protection, but their strength and endurance are dramatically increased. I'm also thinking that Logia invulnerability is limited also by mental stamina and endurance. For example, Aokiji can't live in a vulcano without feeling fatigued, and in his fatigued state, he won't have the power to let attacks pass through him.

  12. #1032
    Novonary Marvel *Meh*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Day 51

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    You wanna know what else lies in the heart?
    Hidden:
    Ambition
    LIES!! Willforce and Kingbition wouldn't fit in a human's tiny heart, even if it could stretch like rubber! The only thing that lies in someone's heart in OP is
    Hidden:
    Sniper Island
    To lose every trace of our vices would be no different than to lose every trace of our virtues. We would lose our humanity either way.

  13. #1033
    I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sleeping on THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    I used to think (by way of grandeur delusions) that Spirit can make you Godlike and invincible, but now that I see powerful people in weak circumstances, I believe that it's limited use. The same goes as well for super-strength. Rayleigh is a superhuman when he uses his Spirit, but he had to be rescued by a little Hachi. I'm thinking that his will and endurance was drained by being adrift on the sea, so he became helpless. Roger makes an example as well. If he had been in his full Spirit, his body would be impenatrable (although I'm assuming the executioners were using regular blades and the executioners aren't super). However, without putting in his will, his body is just a human's. There were also times when Luffy got hurt by relatively weak attacks, and seemed to get pushed around easily, but when he goes full-power... we know what happens. It's as if their Spirit and Strength have to be summoned, rather than strong people automatically having it.

    DF's are obviously different. Logias (and Marco) are normally invulnerable, and some paramecias are invulnerable to some attacks. Zoans don't get any protection, but their strength and endurance are dramatically increased. I'm also thinking that Logia invulnerability is limited also by mental stamina and endurance. For example, Aokiji can't live in a vulcano without feeling fatigued, and in his fatigued state, he won't have the power to let attacks pass through him.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Status: Dejected.
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

  14. #1034

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    I try to ignore Zkaiser's post, but something is REALLY bugging me.

    Who is that and where is he from?

  15. #1035

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Knowing Rayleigh I think it was more something like him getting drunk and falling into the water while passed out or something. I could totally see that happening since he seems kinda carefree and all.

    Though I don't think you can say Rayleigh or Roger are just regular guys. Even without Haki they are probably really strong. To be able to compete in the NW you will need both awesome physical strength as well as heart/mind strength to a point it can be used as a weapon.

  16. #1036

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    The boa sister that set herself aflame used matches so it's completely different from Sanji. Also yeah her sister couldn't take the fire so it's probably tied with her particular zoan DF.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

  17. #1037

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Rayleigh isn't carefree. He's the most uptight member on the crew (remember the flashback?). He did get drunk, but the way he acts is less like a carefree guy and more like a person with an irreversible regret. He puts on that face of a great man, but he's just masking sadness.

    Remember when Kuina died, and Zoro's master noted that humans are really frail. I still think that holds. Haki doesn't make one invincible, just amazing.

    Take note how Zoro and Luffy get their strength. It varies depending on how they're feeling. They're able to release the power in their hearts to give them strength. Take note of how the weaker Strawhats are, they're full of uncertainty and worry, because they can't summon their courage. It's always blocked because of a concern.

  18. #1038

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Rayleigh is pretty carefree he walks around from place to place gambling and drinking. I don't really see what he could regret he couldn't save Roger since he had a terminal illness something he couldn't prevent. Now if it was something he could stop and was unable to that is another matter.

    But look at Zoro he lifts huge weights and even threw a building back in the Alabasta arc. That is from pure brute strength no Haki. If you think people need Haki just to be strong then how in the world was Luffy doing crazy things before. He is only manifesting his "kingbition"( lol thought I'd try it out) now.

    To reach the summit you need to be superhuman without Haki and then have the bonus of Haki to push you into the top tier.

  19. #1039

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    What Rayleigh feels regret about is not Roger, but the truth about the state of the world. It has to do with the Rio Poneglyph. Also, gambling and drinking are exactly the things a person does when he's forced to live in secrecy and take up a craftsman's job. If he were truly carefree, he'd go around the world being a hotshot.

    About Luffy and Zoro's strength: Although it's true that Zoro trains by lifting weights, but Luffy, who is stronger, and Sanji, who is about the same strength, don't train at all. What matters in this world seems to be the attitude and mental strength one has when faced with difficulty. The physical strength is not the same as the "ambition" that Shanks, Rayleigh, and Luffy pulled off. Physical power is performed using the body, and "ambition" is a mental ability.

  20. #1040

    Default Re: Types of Haki

    Quote Originally Posted by wintergt View Post
    The boa sister that set herself aflame used matches so it's completely different from Sanji. Also yeah her sister couldn't take the fire so it's probably tied with her particular zoan DF.
    I didn't mean how she catched fire...

    I mean that she has a resistance to fire like Sanji as she isn't burning herself.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts