+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

Lucci is cool, that"s why he is so popular.
    He has a great design, a cool bad guy atitude and an evil smile:D
    And I think that bad guys are really popular in animes. Just remember Vegita in dragon ball or Gaara and Itachi from Naruto, not to forget Aizen Sousuke from bleach:D
    The fact is that bad guys mostly get a really fancy design and a really cool personality, that is the answer to their popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinbei View Post
    No, I believe Crocodile did that.
    Crocodile didn't give Luffy a hard fight physically, so much as he had an invulnerability Luffy had to overcome. Two losses and one win, where the win was a victory with him still able to stand and carry two people out of a collapsing building simultaneously. It may have been hard in the sense that he was a tough opponent to find the weakness to, but Lucci was a hard opponent in sheer power and ability. Luffy had to overcome his strength and skill, not his weakness or invulnerability. So I think it is fair to say Luffy getting practically defeated and barely able to stand until the end, was his hardest yet.

Think about it from the aftermath perspective. Luffy now knows all he has to do is be wet and/or bloody and Croc is pie. No knowledge of Luffy's will make Lucci any less dangerous an opponent.

The Picky Hypocrite KittytheClueless's Avatar
    Hiding in Kaku's hat(Actually Colorado, in America~!

Holy hell. Taking the words right from my mind, forget the mouth. I haven't even posted and already I feel like you all have been stalking me.

Well, I'm a sucker for villans. I can love almost EVERYONE in One Piece except for Kuro. Or Don Krieg, or most other people from the Baratie arc.
    I think someone needs to eat a happle. <3
    Bombing for peace is like having sex for virginity.

I like the Character because it showed something that barly touched before. TRhe true darkside of the world goverment. Sometime we are seeing more as we go deeper into the New World.

I like Lucci cause he's just plain badass! He's cool! He just rocks!
    Tomorrow may be just a day away but first you have to survive what life throws at you today.
    Contact me to read my weekly drama!

Last edited by brennen.exe; August 12th, 2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: I could have done a better job, but I rushed it since.......stuff.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaerkuss View Post
    I never really understood his appeal, he just seems too emotionless for anyone to like.
    I ♥ Lucci FACTS:

1. Lucci is a mammal.
    2. Lucci fights ALL the time.
    3. The purpose of Lucci is to flip out and kill people.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I like him because he was finally a saga boss with no logia powers. I got really sick of those after having the previous 2 sagas ending with logia powered Crocodile & Enel followed by a fight against Aokiji (also logia). His DF power and Rokushiki were fresh and very cool after seeing logias for so long. Also i was so glad to have a non goofy acting villain and his personality fit very well with the story .

Because Paulie threw him and he stood on one hand...thats why hes cool to me anyways. And his design, i dont give a shit about villian backstories i think i skipped Lucci's in anime and spedread it in the manga

Now Kaku, theres someone i never liked at all except when he jumped off the building. I guess i can see why people like him though, and everyone likes diffrent things. All that said my favorite CP9 was Jyabura then Lucci

Loved how they managed to shot and scar his back into the WG logo. Nah villain flashbacks are not for me, If i need to know anything about the baddies past id rather have it hinted like with Croc.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Think about it from the aftermath perspective. Luffy now knows all he has to do is be wet and/or bloody and Croc is pie. No knowledge of Luffy's will make Lucci any less dangerous an opponent.
    I guess you are ignoring the fact that Water Luffy lost against Crocodile. Ok, Luffy might have won in the end. But round 2 proves that it requires more to defeat Crocodile then just knowing his DF's weakness, since his basic combat skills were also good enough to defeat Luffy.

itachi is much better gaylord

In b4 the ban ^

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

That was fun while it lasted.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I guess you are ignoring the fact that Water Luffy lost against Crocodile. Ok, Luffy might have won in the end. But round 2 proves that it requires more to defeat Crocodile then just knowing his DF's weakness, since his basic combat skills were also good enough to defeat Luffy.
    To me, round 2 proved that the liquid method worked as long as he used it wisely. He was careless because he thought it was instant win, and Croc proved that there is more than just his DF. I mean, I know what you are saying and I agree more or less ~~ but my point was that Lucci is a stronger and more difficult opponent because he has no real weaknesses. Whereas Croc's primary strength, if exploited, becomes his greatest weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    To me, round 2 proved that the liquid method worked as long as he used it wisely. He was careless because he thought it was instant win, and Croc proved that there is more than just his DF. I mean, I know what you are saying and I agree more or less ~~ but my point was that Lucci is a stronger and more difficult opponent because he has no real weaknesses. Whereas Croc's primary strength, if exploited, becomes his greatest weakness.
    I agree with that statement, since Rucchi was all about physical combat strenght. It just that people are mostly like "water > Crocodile" which going by facts simply is not the case. But since I now see that this is not what you were trying to say I guess it's all fine.^^

Lucci was a pimp and have a suite. That's enough! But still... Hand2Hand-combat is still the best art of fighting.
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me…

I liked Lucci in terms of villainy, but not necessarily as a character- then again, I guess he didn't have any character outside of being a villain, lol!. Anyway, I liked him because it seemed as if he was truly Luffy's antithesis and equal in physical ability. Luffy was always a happy go lucky guy who helped people just because. Not out of obligation or anything. Just the same, Lucci hurt people just because. Both did it under the guise of 'organizations' that they didn't really fit stereotypically (Lucci under the WG, and Luffy as a pirate, though the WG is supposed to be full of honest and just people, and pirates are supposedly the scum of the Earth).

Luffy fought to protect his friends. Lucci constantly threw in Luffy's face that he was going to kill them all after he finished with Luffy during their fight. Luffy was always so cheerful and goofy, and Lucci was always so cunning and stoic.

But even better than their parallels was their fight... Holy crap, I didn't even think a fight could be so awesome! Another parallel was the fact that Luffy was free form and Lucci was a student of a focused and well learned set of martial arts. Anyway, for the first time in One Piece, Luffy fought a foe that didn't have a gimmicky ability (Wapol, Mr. 3) or an incredible cheap power (Crocodile, Enel) and was actually matched, or even bested, in physical power. Arlong, Kuro, and Krieg were physical fighters, but Luffy kind of stomped all over them. Lucci took everything Luffy had and dished out more. Without Gears, Luffy wouldn't have won his fight against Lucci. I think that's why I really appreciated Lucci. His villainy matched perfectly with the overtones of Luffy's heroism and the ending to his arc was more than amazing.

The resolution of the W7 plot at Bakaburg's mansion was a pretty strong scene. Lucci was the guy who stood at the center of it. That's just gotta earn you some fans. Of course it only went downhill from that point on but who cares :D

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I ♥ Lucci FACTS:

1. Lucci is a mammal.
    2. Lucci fights ALL the time.
    3. The purpose of Lucci is to flip out and kill people.
    I felt a disturbance in the Force.

Upon inspection, I found that it was because nobody had quoted this.

But what some other guy said was right: he kills people with a finger. And I think there is a certain awesomeness in the fact that he is government sponsored, even though he is so much worse than most villains in One Piece.

Rokushiki
    + Super stylish design
    + Pigeon that fooled Luffy
    + Leopard Powers
    + World's Government's top secret assassin
    = One Cool Dude.

VOTE FOR THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information