+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 139

Thread: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

  1. #81
    I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    I hope not^^ -.-
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!


  2. #82
    Pokémon Master brennen.exe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    La Mirada

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lucci View Post
    So this is becoming a Lucci vs. Croc thread now? :/
    No. I think we shut the door on that discussion already. The argument was valid for the topic, since it was concerning a major reason some liked Lucci (according to Elric).

    Personally, I am surprised this thread made it this far. Was Lucci even liked when he was first introduced in the manga??

  3. #83

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    I wouldn't say this thread is becoming Lucci vs Croc... more like "who is the best villain" but that's natural when discussing and comparing the most popular villain's

  4. #84

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy Batter View Post
    But like people said, it's all about a matter of taste of what people view as a tough fight and will only end up in circles so it's not worth discussing.
    What I stated had more to do character-wise, personality, look, etc.

    If we're talking fight-wise, Luffy's toughest opponent was Crocodile.

    During Luffy vs. Lucci, Gear 2nd's first use overwhelmed Lucci by a decent amount. Only by using Life Return later on in the match to speed himself up did Lucci manage to match Luffy in terms of speed, and even then it was at a cost of strength. Which is why just before the last Rokougan Lucci reverted back to his normal hybrid zoan form to use the move at it's strongest. In addition to that, Gear 3rd managed to knock Lucci completely unconscious. Frankly he was lucky that the Buster Call ship was at that spot otherwise he'd have drowned in the ocean.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a fact that Lucci gave Luffy a hell of a fight. Up until then no other opponent was a match for Luffy in terms of physical strength, and that's why I think people like to label it as Luffy's most difficult fight but that just isn't the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    Was Lucci even liked when he was first introduced in the manga??
    When the Galley-La shipwrights were first introduced, the one's people were clamoring over most were Kaku and Paulie, at least in this forum. Lucci was more in the middle I guess. Personally I liked him more before he was revealed as a CP9 agent.

    Actually I liked all the undercover CP9 agents more before they were all revealed except Blueno; he stayed decent all throughout Water 7 and Ennies Lobby.

  5. #85
    Upper Class Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    When the Galley-La shipwrights were first introduced, the one's people were clamoring over most were Kaku and Paulie, at least in this forum. Lucci was more in the middle I guess. Personally I liked him more before he was revealed as a CP9 agent.
    I actually think he was close with Kaku and Paulie. Lulu and Tilestone however never came close to these for some reason. Actually I myself never considered them in the same league and this was before the entire strengh order got revealed.

    And since we're at that topic, I'm still disappointed that the angel dude never got an important role as a main Galley-La craftsman. :(

  6. #86

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    I liked "Pigeon Guy" Lucchi rather than "CP9" Lucchi, simply because he was this silent, stoic, "Don't mess with me guy". When he started talking and morphed into his WG persona, he became just an asshole rambling about justice.

    Of the shipwrights, I probably like Kaku and Paulie equally as the best. Kaku's CP9 persona, even, wasn't as drastically different from his Water 7 Persona. He still had that big goofy grin, and he was cracking jokes even when he lost.

    Paulie... well, him flipping out over Nami and Calipha's attire was hilarious. In an Anime of perverted guys, the straight man is always fun times. However, as much as I liked his "Pipe Hitch Knives" move, I wasn't feeling his other rope moves.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

  7. #87
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Luffy Batter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wherever Luffy is

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    What I stated had more to do character-wise, personality, look, etc.

    If we're talking fight-wise, Luffy's toughest opponent was Crocodile.

    During Luffy vs. Lucci, Gear 2nd's first use overwhelmed Lucci by a decent amount. Only by using Life Return later on in the match to speed himself up did Lucci manage to match Luffy in terms of speed, and even then it was at a cost of strength. Which is why just before the last Rokougan Lucci reverted back to his normal hybrid zoan form to use the move at it's strongest. In addition to that, Gear 3rd managed to knock Lucci completely unconscious. Frankly he was lucky that the Buster Call ship was at that spot otherwise he'd have drowned in the ocean.

    Don't get me wrong, it's a fact that Lucci gave Luffy a hell of a fight. Up until then no other opponent was a match for Luffy in terms of physical strength, and that's why I think people like to label it as Luffy's most difficult fight but that just isn't the case.
    Seeing as you seem like you're capable of having a sensible discussion (no offense but I'm afraid that discussions like this degenerate into a fanboyisms with most people, not you though) I'll respond to this.

    You bring up excellent points, however, the thing is that clinches it for me is that Luffy HAD to use them. When he fought Crocodile, he didn't need to use Gears. True, he barely won but he still managed to beat him without using Gears. Now in Luffy vs Lucci, when Luffy fought him in base mode, he was clearly outmatched and over-powered. He couldn't even hold a candle to him in terms of physical combat. I truly believe that without his gears, Luffy WOULD have lost and it's only thanks to them that he managed to win. Ane he BARELY won even with them. And they gave him a huge increase in power, as well.

    Base Luffy's physical powers were more than a match for Crocodile yet didn't stand a chance against Lucci's and even with his power-ups he still barely managed to beat him. To me, that's why Lucci gave the harder fight.

  8. #88
    Pokémon Master brennen.exe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    La Mirada

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy Batter View Post
    Seeing as you seem like you're capable of having a sensible discussion.
    I take offense to this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy Batter View Post
    When he fought Crocodile, he didn't need to use Gears.
    Problem is, Gears are only Luffy using his DF ability. There really is no difference between Gears and say...Gomu Gomu no Bazooka. With Bazooka, he uses his rubber body to stretch and increase his attack power. With Gear 2nd, he uses his rubber body to give him more speed and power. Gears are only a sign of Luffy getting more powerful, and though we are left assuming they harm his body, they are just then next step in his fighting ability.

    With that, you cannot compare his fight to Croc's. You have to compare Luffy's condition then vs. Croc ~~ and his condition now vs. Lucci. Vanessa does indeed make a good point of showing that Lucci may not have been as up to par with Luffy as many of us have been arguing (I would have to read the arc again to argue that, and even then I might not), and with that evidence she is most likely right that Croc was the more difficult opponent. My perspective on all of this has been on the last few chapters of the fight, where Luffy was worn out and collapsed most of the time. I forgot about Life Return and the such, and I personally do not believe he could have dodged Luffy's initial Gear 3rd due to the initial surprise of the attack and the range. (Luffy's speed may decrease with Gear 3rd, but it never really states how much....does it?).

  9. #89

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Croc was harder to fight cuz he was a logia and Luffy didn't know his weakness at first. But then he beats him clean.
    Did you look at the other two fights? There was no beating him clean at all. They were still hard fights.

    Imagine him using Gear 2 against Croc after realizing his water weakness. Croc = KO.
    I think this is unfair. I do believe that Ennies Lobby Luffy is stronger than the Luffy that fought Crocodile. If Luffy and crew had the strength that they had at Ennies Lobby in Alabasta, then the fights certainly wouldn't have been hard at all.

    He and Enel could barely take Luffy's base attacks. And Lucci laughed about them.
    From my observations, Crocodile seemed to take Luffy's hits better than Enel did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy Batter View Post
    You bring up excellent points, however, the thing is that clinches it for me is that Luffy HAD to use them. When he fought Crocodile, he didn't need to use Gears. True, he barely won but he still managed to beat him without using Gears. Now in Luffy vs Lucci, when Luffy fought him in base mode, he was clearly outmatched and over-powered. He couldn't even hold a candle to him in terms of physical combat. I truly believe that without his gears, Luffy WOULD have lost and it's only thanks to them that he managed to win. Ane he BARELY won even with them. And they gave him a huge increase in power, as well.
    Once again, the Alabasta arc Luffy didn't have gears and certainly didn't think of using them. He just fought his hardest the best way he knew how. Same thing about Luffy being stronger during Ennies Lobby than in Alabasta. However, there is no doubt that he was outmatched without Gears against Lucci.
    Base Luffy's physical powers were more than a match for Crocodile yet didn't stand a chance against Lucci's and even with his power-ups he still barely managed to beat him. To me, that's why Lucci gave the harder fight.
    With this, I'll agree that physically Luffy could match and overcome Crocodile. However, other things went into the match. Certainly, Luffy's fight against Lucci the second time was extremely difficult and the most fierce that he had had yet. However, he was never actually beaten to death's door fully. The first time, he was stabbed in the chest and thrown out of the building. However, he was still fully conscious and could get out of the situation on his own. The second time, he was beaten severely, but if left alone, he would have still lived.

    In all three fights, Luffy would have died against Crocodile so what I really think is that different terms are in need here. Physically and blow for blow, Lucci wins in giving Luffy the harder time. However, Crocodile was presented as deadlier in the fights against Luffy. So I think it would be that Lucci gave Luffy a harder fight, but Crocodile gave him a deadlier one. Also, I think both of them are pretty close to each other in giving Luffy a difficult fight.

    Sorry if it was long, but that's my two cents on the matter. Anyway, as I said before, many people liked Lucci for his interesting fighting style and how he gave Luffy a good fight of two people just exchanging blows. Something like that.

  10. #90
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Luffy Batter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wherever Luffy is

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I take offense to this...
    Problem is, Gears are only Luffy using his DF ability. There really is no difference between Gears and say...Gomu Gomu no Bazooka. With Bazooka, he uses his rubber body to stretch and increase his attack power. With Gear 2nd, he uses his rubber body to give him more speed and power. Gears are only a sign of Luffy getting more powerful, and though we are left assuming they harm his body, they are just then next step in his fighting ability.

    With that, you cannot compare his fight to Croc's. You have to compare Luffy's condition then vs. Croc ~~ and his condition now vs. Lucci. Vanessa does indeed make a good point of showing that Lucci may not have been as up to par with Luffy as many of us have been arguing (I would have to read the arc again to argue that, and even then I might not), and with that evidence she is most likely right that Croc was the more difficult opponent. My perspective on all of this has been on the last few chapters of the fight, where Luffy was worn out and collapsed most of the time. I forgot about Life Return and the such, and I personally do not believe he could have dodged Luffy's initial Gear 3rd due to the initial surprise of the attack and the range. (Luffy's speed may decrease with Gear 3rd, but it never really states how much....does it?).
    That's the thing, Luffy had to pull out much more power and he was in just as bad a state if not more.

    Oh and Brennen, no offense:P

    I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, I was just speaking generally.

  11. #91
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Within the World

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    There really is no difference between Gears and say...Gomu Gomu no Bazooka.
    Does this sound retarted to anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSpada View Post

    With this, I'll agree that physically Luffy could match and overcome Crocodile. However, other things went into the match. Certainly, Luffy's fight against Lucci the second time was extremely difficult and the most fierce that he had had yet. However, he was never actually beaten to death's door fully. The first time, he was stabbed in the chest and thrown out of the building. However, he was still fully conscious and could get out of the situation on his own. The second time, he was beaten severely, but if left alone, he would have still lived.

    In all three fights, Luffy would have died against Crocodile so what I really think is that different terms are in need here.
    Lucci wasnt using A big old hook/poison. If that wasnt clear enough.

    *Walks over to croc and takes his golden hook and vile of poison*

    Croc: Awww. :(

    *Hands them to lucci. Points to luffy.*
    Me: Fight him

    Lucci: *Grins evily and proceeds to stab/poison luffy*

    Your entire last 2 paragraphs were just obliterated.
    Last edited by Yonkou#3; August 13th, 2008 at 03:18 PM.

  12. #92
    Upper Class Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou#3 View Post
    Lucci wasnt using knives/poison. Your entire last 2 paragraphs were just obliterated.
    Rucchi's entire body is a weapon. And that without even turning into a vicious beast.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    To Yonkou#3:

    Lucci doesn't fight like that, Crocodile does. What do you mean when saying obliterated?

  14. #94
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Within the World

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Rucchi's entire body is a weapon. And that without even turning into a vicious beast.
    Luffy's weaknesses-Cutting weapons/poison/water/ice/fire.

    Croc-Cutting weapon/Poison
    Lucci- None of the above. *Lucci did use his nails, oda just acted like he never did*

    To Desert spada. "However, he was never actually beaten to death's door fully."

    This was the point of your last two paragraphs correct? Luffy cant be killed by physical blows. All lucci used was physical blows and then towards the very end of the fight some internal damaging attacks that obvoiusly were not as damaging as a 3 inch wide hook through the gut.

    Thus your point was made null by the fact lucci didnt use anything that could kill luffy straight away, where as Crocodile did.

  15. #95

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Don't most humans have a certain weakness to sharp objects, poison, drowning, being frozen and being burned? I don't get your point.

  16. #96
    Upper Class Ivotas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou#3 View Post
    Croc-Cutting weapon/Poison
    Lucci- None of the above. *Lucci did use his nails, oda just acted like he never did*
    Could you please explain what you mean by that statement in the entire context? Besides Rankyaku is a cutting technique. It was even said so when Rucchi cut the Galley-La mansion.
    Last edited by Ivotas; August 13th, 2008 at 03:36 PM.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy Batter View Post
    You bring up excellent points, however, the thing is that clinches it for me is that Luffy HAD to use them. When he fought Crocodile, he didn't need to use Gears. True, he barely won but he still managed to beat him without using Gears. Now in Luffy vs Lucci, when Luffy fought him in base mode, he was clearly outmatched and over-powered. He couldn't even hold a candle to him in terms of physical combat. I truly believe that without his gears, Luffy WOULD have lost and it's only thanks to them that he managed to win. Ane he BARELY won even with them. And they gave him a huge increase in power, as well.
    Gear 2nd and 3rd are, as brennen.exe stated, still a part of Luffy's Gomu Fruit's arsenal. I mean we don't fault Lucci for augmenting his already amazing Rokushiki techniques with the physical prowess of his Cat Fruit: Model Leopard right? So using that argument is rather silly since if one isn't able to use all aspects of whatever fighting style the character has come up with while the other can it already sets up a sort of bias which doesn't help our discussion at all.

    Base Luffy's physical powers were more than a match for Crocodile yet didn't stand a chance against Lucci's and even with his power-ups he still barely managed to beat him. To me, that's why Lucci gave the harder fight.
    This goes back to my initial post in people thinking just because Lucci was the first one to match Luffy physically as a reason for thinking the above. You can't just factor in how hard someone can punch/kick/etc. to determine threat, it doesn't work that way.


    Now this is more of a general statement to everyone, but I've seen a lot of people refer to it as "Base Luffy." Even though it's not like Gear 2nd lacks any drawbacks to speak of for one to refer it as such. It just irks me every time someone uses that term.

  18. #98
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Within the World

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Is there any way you two can like get together and post your statements in one post? It's a pain quoting you both at once. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSpada View Post
    Don't most humans have a certain weakness to sharp objects, poison, drowning, being frozen and being burned? I don't get your point.
    I dont like blatently stateing the reason why your wrong, because i think it's rude. I try to leave context clues and use examples to state my point. This is one of those times. If you cant understand them, which it seems you can't, then i'm afraid i cant continue this disscussion because your an idiot and check the sig, i'm not allowed to argue with you. Now in the event you CAN understand sutle clues and hints, heres the next one.

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/482/12/

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Could you please explain what you mean by that statement in the entire context?
    Lucci must have stabbed Luffy over two dozen times through the course of that fight. Remember just before luffy used gear three when lucci was using the flying shigan over and over? Each one drew blood. Either luffy's body heals rapidly in gear 2 or he should have died from blood loss. Not like this is the first times it's happened (Zoro vs. Mr.1, Luffy vs. Croc, Sanji vs. Mr.2) but i had to throw that in there for whoever might say something like.

    "Lucci used a cutting object, his nails."

    I had to refute that in advance.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou#3 View Post
    To Desert spada. "However, he was never actually beaten to death's door fully."

    This was the point of your last two paragraphs correct? Luffy cant be killed by physical blows. All lucci used was physical blows and then towards the very end of the fight some internal damaging attacks that obvoiusly were not as damaging as a 3 inch wide hook through the gut.

    Thus your point was made null by the fact lucci didnt use anything that could kill luffy straight away, where as Crocodile did.
    I wouldn't say can't be killed. If Rokougan did that much damage, then any more would have killed him. It's true that normal physical blows don't do much damage at all, but with a monster like Lucci whose pure physical power is so great, he can get around that.

    I also can't see how you can tax Crocodile for using his full arsenal of weapons that were different from Lucci's. My point was that for Luffy, Crocodile was a deadlier opponent. Thus, that would give him the title of being the deadliest opponent that Luffy has faced. Lucci gave him a harder physical battle though, and the title of who gave Luffy the harder fight would go to Lucci.

  20. #100

    Default Re: Why do people like Lucchi so much?

    I love how everyone's being offtopic and anal in a "sensible" and "non-fanboyish" way now. Pitiful.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts