+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If a Straw Hat were to die...

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

Default Re: If a Straw Hat were to die...

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    I'm sorry, I am afraid I do not understand. I wasn't making fun of Captain Brooke or anything...or trying to be rude if that was what you though? I playing with his words to make him say all the SHP would die.
    ............................., sigh, no since in commenting with a clear response!

Anyway, this is a waste, the SH's will never die on screen, let it die already!

Actually, I was expecting Zoro to die when he took all of Luffy's pain and fatigue on Thriller Bark. I know Oda avoids death as much as possible, but seeing as this was outside of combat and a free choice, it could've totally happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brooke View Post
    Anyway, this is a waste, the SH's will never die on screen, let it die already!
    It's an IF thread, so we can still talk about it. That's why it's an IF thread.
    Box of Pocky: $2
    Gas for the trip: $34.86
    Materials for Making Costume(s): $116.92
    Going to countless panels, living in the Dealers room and stuffing your face with ramen: Priceless

Discovered Stowaway Tony-Tony-Chopper's Avatar

No Straw Hat will die. PERIOD. No more discussion. BUT! If one Straw Hat did die, I would say that it would be Brooke. Don't get me wrong I love Brooke. He's awesome. I just think that he is just a little weak and we already have a swordsman. He just seems like a pile of bones with a violin in the middle, sometimes. And plus, he just doesn't have the character depth like other Straw Hats.

They'll all die eventually just like everyone else, but this thread is talking about within the current storyline.

I don't really see anyone dying, it's harder to speculate because they all have pros and cons which could which might make them more suitable for death, some more than others. No one is out of reach certainly but I don't think we'll have to be on the lookout anytime soon.

I think it's even more of a possibility to see someone else die, someone who's important to the story and even a popular and good character for the story.

actually i dun really care who dies in SH as long as Zoro stays alive haha

I've always wondered what would happen to the crew if they disbanded and Luffy's been executed (after being the pirate king).

I would assume that Usopp would become a captain of his own crew, while the rest would retire back to their old village and live peaceful lives. (well, except for Zoro, he'd probably become a schibukai or something.)
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Luffy, I can actually pretty well see Luffy dying at the end of one piece, like Gold Roger did, oda seems to be leading us to this end since he introduced the Gears techniques, and it would also match Luffy's character besides that I can't figure Luffy having a normal life on his own or building a family since at the end everyone is expected to eventually leave Luffy after they reach their dreams (Ussop will go back to his village and Jaya etc), Luffy doesn't have a dream besides becoming the Pirate King, dying at the end and inspiring the next Pirate generation with his last words seems like the way it should end.

Edit: didn't read pyromonki's post before writting this ,you said it first bro.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

hmmm this thread reminds me of this

Malcolm's gay.

If any Mugiwara die s'gonna be Zoro, right after he achieves the title of the world's greatest swordsman he'll slip his Katana away and die.

One sh is dead!! Brook!! if another one dies, it should be usopp. and before his body decays, sogeking's personality will start bursting through usopp's rotten vocal cords and sogekings mask and face will pop out of usopp's neck and his old head will be hanging. its like a two headed person, but one is dead. yeah, thats it. then the old usopp's nose will get cancer and sogeking will die only to be reborn by .
    Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Keatsta View Post
    Not sure if this thread has been made in the past. It probably has, but chapter 513 really showed how horribly the crew could be devastated by a strong pirate, so it may be worth further discussion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there has been two instances in the past where Oda has made the comment that one of the crew will die soon. Otherwise, I wouldn't really even consider it as a possibility. The first time was in reference to the burning of their ship - an emotional scene to be sure, but not what anyone was expecting. The second time was a joke about Brooke joining.

I know very few characters of importance die in One Piece, except in flashbacks. Oda is the type of manga-ka who loves his characters, and can't stand writing them out of the story without sending them off right (hence the mini-arcs). But, he has never shied away from very tragic events. And what could be more emotional than the death of a crewmate? So, what if one of the main crew actually does die? Who would it be? How would it affect them?
    If a Strawhat Pirate were to die, I would laugh!

I would say the likely candidates are Brook and Sanji (even though I like both). Here's why:

Brook has one dream: to reunite with Laboon one day. The man is also, what? 80 years old? His time is pretty close to an end regardless of what happens. Despite the fact that I like him, I could see him dying permanently in the future.

Now Sanji is a little more complex. I was basing this on whose death would be the most devastating (other than Luffy and I honestly can't see him dying before the end fo the series), and I came up with Sanji. Why? Zoro will grieve the loss of his rival on the ship, Nami will recall all the times she shot him down and feel guilt and Luffy will miss his delicious food and will remind a potentially new cook that they'd never be as good as Sanji was.

I like Sanji, but I think if anyone could potentially die before the series' end without it completely obliterating the dynamics of the manga, it would be him. :(
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaze no Barako
    Well, Ace breathes heavily and calls him 'Gramps'. :P
    oh god that sounds wrong please nobody take that out of context

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

If a Straw Hat were to die, it would probably come out of left field. Something so sudden, so utterly surprising, that we'd go over the entire chapter it happens in three times trying to figure out what the hell just happened.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Hotness > Strength

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: If a Straw Hat were to die...

Quote Originally Posted by *Meh* View Post
    If a Straw Hat were to die, it would probably come out of left field. Something so sudden, so utterly surprising, that we'd go over the entire chapter it happens in three times trying to figure out what the hell just happened.
    Just for Oda to resurrect that character the next chap or a couple arcs later lol.

If he really ever killed a SH I think there'd be a uproar regardless. Every day that passes fans get more attached to their fav SH, soon enough ppl won't even be able to part with Brook. So it'd be madness regardless.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Yangzter Pirates Captain Yangzter027's Avatar

Ta day a SH dies is ta day of ta APOCALYPSE!

YANGZTER PIRATES UNITE!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Usopp wouldn't stay at his village after the village disbanded, it's not in his character to do so.

He may visit/marry Kaya, but after that, he'd probably head back out to sea with his crew of 80,000. :P

He'd probably tell them warped stories of how he defeated the CP9 with one pinky. :D

Brooke really might die after meeting Laboon though, that'd be really sad. :(
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Yeah, come to think of it, I can totally picture a really sad scene where Luffy and company think he's just 'playing dead' like he does sometimes:

Luffy: 'Oh he's fine, he's just playing dead like usual. Come on now, Brook, get up! We need our musician up and ready for action.'

Brook: ...

Luffy: 'Get up, Brook, this isn't funny anymore!'

Brook: ...

Luffy: *starts tearing up*
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaze no Barako
    Well, Ace breathes heavily and calls him 'Gramps'. :P
    oh god that sounds wrong please nobody take that out of context

Luffy might get executed in the end of the story, then zoro will die of some disease related to too much blood loss, sanji will die because of lung cancer, and Brook will become a rockstar and kill himself like kurt cobaine and he will start the grand age of musicians...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information